How do I tip the delivery driver?

How do I tip the delivery driver?

Do I take the food and say "and here's your tip!" or should I just thrust the money into his hand and say thanks?

I'm quite socially awkward btw.

option B

Wtf

Well honestly, you should pay with $50 when the pizza is only $20 and say you can have 10 dollars tip and get him to give you 20 dollars back.

pretty simple.....

>Give money
>Say keep the change
>Autistic moment avoided

Prepay online. No tipping.

I should add that I already paid online so other than the tip there will be no money exchanging hands.

Usually you have to sign a receipt and it'll give you a option to tip. No interaction just write however much And go

throw a handful of coins in his face and scream THANKS as loud as you can

bitches love coins

just hand him a bit more cash than the price of the food so if its like $24 give him $30

>tipping $10 for $20 worth of pizza

Not all of us run out own charities you know.

fold 4 dollar bills into a small square and palm it so he can't see it, shake his hand firmly with your left hand sandwiched over the top of his hand for 5 seconds while not breaking eye contact and say thank you thank you so very much I hope you have a wonderful night I appreciate your services. then slowly shut your door while still keeping eye contact. that's basically all you have to do op

As a former delivery driver I can confirm that this is preferred by us

*knock on door*
*open door*
"hey hows it going?"
"good man, it's gonna be $xx.xx"
*hand him all cash (no need to differentiate tip)*
"there you go man"
"thanks!"
*gives you pizza*
"have a good one dude!"
"you too man, thanks"

I delivered pizza on and off for like 10 years

>I'm quite socially awkward btw

more like straight up assburgers.

If you pre-paid you can say "and this is for you" and hand him/her the money AFTER the pizza is given to you. always at the end because the driver doesnt have to balance the hot cell in their hand and you tip AFTER a service is given. "thanks. there you go" also works. they will say thankyou and you say no worries, cya later.
just got home from my pizza closing shift @3am

also, depends where you live. In aus a tip isnt expected. its a bonus.

>driver tells you cost
>hand him cost plus 5-10%
>tell him "keep the change"
>he'll say "thanks man!" And leave

Das it.

this is good if you are paying cash but

>pay for that shit online and include your tip at checkout, avoid places that dont let you pay online

>also try to have delivery for a specific time and for delivery instructions write in "leave on chair on porch" so you know exactly when to go to the door and you never have to be face to face

You say, I need to give you a tip, drop to your knees and unzip his pants. He'll figure the rest out for you.

You people are seriously slipping at horrible advice.

This right here.

It's customary to not only give money to the delivery driver as a tip, but to also call the pizza place afterwards and let the guy's boss know if they driver was:
>on time
>courteous
>brought HOT pizza

rub one out while he hands you the pizza, they consider this a 'tip'
if it's a girl you need to show them your asshole and how clean it is, this will also suffice as a tip.
giving them any money is bad, you should pay in shekels, ask your kyke parents for shekels.

>if you take pizza delivery this seriously you're the epitome of faggot

>I'm quite socially awkward btw.

No shit Sherlock, you're posting on Sup Forums.

I never tip unless I get exceptional service. I am a pleasant customer; never rude, demanding or haughty.

Tipping should be for an exceptional job - not the expected job.

Give him the cash for the pizza first and give him the tip

Pay with credit card online. He'll give you a receipt and a pen to sign your name on, Put the tip on that. Give him back the copy of the receipt that you just wrote on and the pen. Take your fucking pizza. Tell them thank you (and have a good night)

fucking simple. holy shit, how do you autists ace chemistry but fail simple interaction?

not tipping should be for an exceptionally bad job, not the expected job you fucking autist

"keep the change"

>not tipping should be for an exceptionally bad job

Oh dear you have it so backwards, you burger. The person is employed to do a job. They should do the job to the best of their ability to remain employed. They should not get extra unless deserved, i.e. exceptional. Hence, they get a tip.

thats for america, go travelling

Correct

Do you realize how little drivers are paid? Some places pay decent but some literally pay servers wages.

That's not the customer's problem. Customers should not have to supplement the driver's wage.