Just listened to this.... First half is pretty eh but holy shit the second half is better than anything off pet sounds...

just listened to this.... First half is pretty eh but holy shit the second half is better than anything off pet sounds. Anyone else agree? Did you love it did you hate it? What would you rate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBkA4-U4MPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i feel pretty similarly . the last 3 songs on surf's up are my favourite 3 closing tracks on any album i've ever listened to

TAKE A LOAD OFF YOUR FEET

>the only good song on the album is from smile sessions

I listened to it all the way through a couple times today. It's a good album overall, despite a couple rough edges.

congrats on ur trips bro >:3

>toothpaste and soap will make our oceans a b-uh-bble bath

The only bad song is Student Demonstration Time. Till I Die and Surf's Up are worth it though.

Yea but the first half, aside from Disney Girls, is just so bad. I'd have to give it something like a 6/10 overall even though the second half is so good.

Am I the only person who thinks Student Demonstration Time is the best song on the album?

Yep.

I like Long Promised Road

dang i always assumed this was some kind of doom metal album

Till I Die and A Day In The Life Of A Tree are fuckin masterpieces and are objectively the best Beach Boys songs

Don't Go Near the Water - 5/10 the bridge is the only good thing about it
Long Promised Road - 7/10 shouldn't be good, but weirdly is
Take a Load Off Your Feet - 3/10 chiropractor's jingle
Disney Girls (1957) - 10/10 sublime and beautiful
Student Demonstration Time - 6/10 pretty good, but just a Riot in Cell Block 9 ripoff
Feel Flows - 8/10 lovely
Lookin' at Tomorrow (A Welfare Song) - 5/10 I once handed the lyrics in as my poetry homework and got a shitty mark
A Day in the Life of a Tree - 8/10 strangely affecting
'Til I Die - 7/10 don't understand the hype, pretty but shallow
Surf's Up - 9/10 another Wilson classic

So what do yous guys think of Sunflower, the precursor to Surfs Up? I think it's a more consistently good album even if it's high points don't quite reach those of Surf's Up.

youtube.com/watch?v=PBkA4-U4MPk

>not liking Til' I Die

>'Til I Die
>7/10
>pretty but shallow

Do you even like the Beach Boys?

I'M A CORN ON THE OCEAAAAAN

The first half is pretty good. This would be a perfect album were it not for Student Demonstration Time

Feel Flows is the best song

>Take a Load Off Your Feet - 3/10 chiropractor's jingle

Fun is overrated

Yeah, I got them on one of those two in one CDs and sunflower's very nice

>A Day in the Life of a Tree- 8/10 strangely affecting

nigger u hwat

I like sunflower,
Though its been said before All I wanna do is literally proto dream pop
I wish they did more stuff like that song
It gives me goose bumps every time
Does anyone know if other bands did this style but had the h a r m o n i e s the Beach boys had?

Yeah, same here. I was listening to the whole two-fer CD over and over on a six hour drive yesterday, so I can't help but compare the two albums. Surfs Up was my favorite at first, but Sunflower has really grown on me.

Yeah, SDT just gets shitter and shitter and I've wound up liking stuff like Got to Know the Woman that I used to just laugh at. Sunflower's kind of their Rubber Soul.

>Take a Load Off Your Feet - 3/10 chiropractor's jingle
t. collapsed arches

how could it be their rubber soul if pet sounds and smile preceded it? Wouldn't it make more sense to be something like Today! ?

Well, I guess it doesn't fit into a progression the same way, since the career trajectories are so different, but to me they're both this neat balanced album where you can see the diversity going on in instrumentation and delivery but the structures are really tight.

I like Disney Girls best, but Student Demonstration time is better than Surf's Up, at least. I like the vocal delivery a lot.

Is this actually their best album? Literally no songs that I'd consider weaker than the others.

I would call it their Revolver, chronology be damned.

Dont Go near the water, the Foot song, and welfare are okay but nothing great

Long Promised Road, Disney girls, demonstration time are pretty good

Feel flows is great and ethereal.

Day in the Life is okay but they shouldve had someone else sing it

Till I die / Surfs Up is one of the greatest closers ever

I'm so glad we're all in agreement that 'Til I Die is beautiful. I was enchanted by that song when I first heard it.