Anyone on Sup Forums here like firearms? Posted in /k/ but was dead. Here's my predicament

Anyone on Sup Forums here like firearms? Posted in /k/ but was dead. Here's my predicament
>be me, 19
>have good job with good pay as a sweeper

Backstory : I work and live in New York, my job is a sweeper and I sweep parking lots with a street sweeper type truck. Most lots I do are near Newburgh and Poughkeepsie all the way to Bronx.

>sweep some sketchy locations (Newburgh is on worlds most dangerous list)
>want to get a pistol for conceal carry
>New York state law says you have to be 21

So here's the deal, in New York you have to be 21+ years of age to purchase a handgun from a Federal Firearms dealer, such as Gander Mtn or Cabelas, and you also have to go through a course and jump through hoops to be able to carry it.

Do I buy a handgun off someone I do not know and carry illegally? I have never been stopped and frisked before. Is my life worth more than a law? I have been confronted 6 times and robbed one time for $59 and everything in my wallet, ID also. I am stuck, what does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

long ass post

In NY you can buy a handgun in a private sale at 18 but can not carry, I can have it in my name. I am willing to take gun charges in the very smallest chance I were to get caught with it. Also, if I am in a predicament where I am held up again and I have this gun and shoot them dead, would I be a hero? I am stuck here guys please help.

Wait 2 years. You really don't want gun charges unless you want to be a street sweeper all of your life.

Do you think I will get a shit ton of jail time and shit if I carry illegally and shoot someone to save my life? I'm thinking in a jury type situation. Someone puts a gun to my head trying to rob me for what I have and gives me the option to give him what he wants or I and dead, so I kill him or wound him until police get there with an illegal gun. Would I still be the bad guy? I think if so I would be seeing an unjust - justice system.

you will be completely fucked if caught with an illegal gun in NY. wait a couple years and do it legally

I agree.. I am just undecided between the two. Save my life and take chances to go to prison and face gun charges, OR possibly die because NY gun laws are garbage. Want more opinions but thank you for your thoughts man.

Risking freedom is almost as bad as risking your life. You could be a patriotic 2nd Amendment martyr by illegally and justifiably carrying a gun... taking a stand, in other words. That's your decision to make.

According to NY law, you are a criminal if you do. According to the constitution of the United States, you are permitted to carry. Morally, you are in the right.

If I were you, a more reasonable move would be to quit the job. No amount of money is worth your life, assuming you value your life. While I know this isn't easy to do, move out of New York when you can.

I feel for you. I live in TN. Mid-20s. Lawfully carrying for almost three years.

Nice man, are you in NY? Trying to see exactly how long it took to get that.

if someone has a gun to your head, you give them what they want. you're not superhuman. if you tried anything, you would be killed. also yes you would be the bad guy. an illegal gun is an illegal gun. don't be an idiot.

Florida

I'm sorry, you think you're going to be "sweeper jacked" while on the job? Is that your fear?

You're basically a garbageman. No one's going to mug a garbageman. You'll be fine.

I mean to be truthful I live right on the NY - NJ - PA border. PA is super lax with gun laws, believe me or not I'm not a trouble maker. No drugs or alcohol, no criminal record, just minding my business doing my job and do not want my life o be at risk. I suppose I could get a new job if NEED be but $16.50 an hour is not bad pay for no college degree. I do agree though no job is worth my life.

>Gripzones

Although it has happened before? Newburgh is Newburgh, think of the worst area in your town and multiply by 10.. You will get half of how dangerous Newburgh is.. Seriously nuts over there. People will kill for cigarettes, literally a case about that a few years ago.

>Poughkeepsie

Hmm, that's right down the road from me, I've seen a big sweep truck in the HOME Depot parking lot across from Marist college and at the Galleria Mall every week.

Neat.

They will also have an illegal gun, except my gun would be used for good not bad. Like I said I mind my business and do my job, trying to get a position with a framing contractor but that won't happen for another year or two.

>$16.50

That's not bad for a sweeper. That would be difficult for me to quit.

Obviously you want to preserve your life. You now know your options. Risk your freedom by illegally carrying (which is bullshit). Find another job. Stay out of NY. Again, I would find a safer job, even though I'd hate to give up that pay.

I don't know, Sup Forumsro. You're were one of the good guys. Tough decision to make. I wish you luck.

Do you know where " The Chance " venue is for music and comedy?

>You're were one of the good guys.

I mean you are one of the good guys. I'm out OP. Good luck man.

Thank you man I appreciate it. I'll just give it more thought. I appreciate the opinion.

I tried for years to get my pistol permit in NY. I recently moved to TN and got a pistol within an hour, you need a change of location.

Off main street, yes. The Alterial is right on the other side. That's a nigger neighborhood, no wonder you got robbed. Newburgh holds the #1 spot for gun related crimes in NYS, this includes the city. Per capita there are more murders there in 3 months than in all 5 boroughs of the city combined for a year.

Tought gig.

Yes I do but that is easier said than done. NY has garbage gun laws and it is a pain in the ass!

>except my gun would be used for good not bad
law enforcement and judges would laugh in your face if you said that. there's no such thing as good or bad in law. the law is the law. just wait a couple years and carry legally. it isn't worth risking your freedom. like the other user said, if you do fear for your life, you may want to look for another job.

You're welcome. I'm out.

I hope you didn't bring any of those left-wing New York political beliefs to my state. If not, I welcome you here.

You've been robbed way more times than you've been searched by cops, so I think you kind of answered your own question.

I have a CHL in Texas and I carried a lot before I had the license and I carry in a lot of places where it's prohibited, and I've never once been searched.

PEOPLE RECOGNIZE THIS BEFORE COMMENTING

But yeah man, the time I got robbed there was just maybe 2 months ago, told boss I'm off that route now. I went to give him my money and he grabbed my arm and pulled it close, put a 9 inch blade sharp as fuck to the crease of my elbow where my arm bends on the inside of the forearm and said " Open your mouth about this I will fucking cut you " and took the money and ran. Almost shit my pants.

A gun is NOT your only means of self defense, if you can't legally carry then don't. Think of it this way, you may be "protecting" yourself from a criminal element, but you're also increasing your risk from law enforcement.

Forget the gun, get yourself some pepper spray (which I assume is legal) and BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS.

>just wait a couple years and carry legally
>carry legally

You know how difficult it is to get a gun permit in NY? Fear of corrupt judges and police and unjust, unconditional laws is why NY has such bad guns laws... bunch of pussies.

>but you're also increasing your risk from law enforcement.

Another criminal element... KEK

OP grow 2 years. Problem solved. Thank me later.

Damn dude. That's awful. I'd never go into Newburgh at night...well...by Stewart Airbase and around there isn't dangerous at all really. That's where the left-over white people live. Campbell Hall is also a super nice town by Newburgh.

You're also by KJ, what a kike infested shithole. Orange county isn't all bad, but I prefer Dutchess.

At the end of the day I am looking out for my safety. I will take the gun charges that are given to me, get the best god damn lawyer around and tell him the situation. I will not risk my life because gun laws are so strict. My life is not worth some fuck with a handgun trying to get money for a fix.

Let's say it wasn't my job that was in sketchy areas, let's say I lived there with my 2 year old son and girlfriend. Would your opinion then change on this sitaution?

I live in Orange County, Middletown in fact. It's not /too/ terrible here, would just rather have some sort of protection other than my 36 inch shotgun I keep at home, that will do me no justice 1.5 hours away in a lot with me and some junkie ready to blow my brains out on the pavement.

Yep. I know a guy that was trying to get his, took 19 months.

Sounds like you're looking for some internet strangers to reassure you that your decision to illegally carry is a good idea. You've made your decision, (incorrectly in my opinion) so don't pretend like you're trying to still figure it out.

Ahhh but you are false. I am looking for opinions, right or wrong wether I agree or not. I am looking for what they would do in my situation.

You can transport a rifle/shotgun throughout the state. You can open carry as well. If you have a shoulder holster or strap to sling your weapon over your shoulder, I suggest you open carry.

There's always an open carry demonstration on Route 9 in Wappingers Falls across from the Ashley Furniture and Burger King. Every weekend in fact.

My patrol keeps me by Vassar University from Raymond Avenue to Adams Fair acre Farms. If I see you open carrying at the chance it wouldn't bother me, or anyone I work with for that matter.

Go to PA, rent the cheapest hotel room you can for a couple months.
As soon as you do, go to the DMV and change your address to the hotel. You don't actually have to stay there, just use it as an address and maildrop. With your new PA ID, get the gun and the permits you need to carry concealed. Then "move" back to NY. As long as your "residency" is less than 6 months you don't have to change anything as far as the IRS goes, and your valid and legitimately obtained PA CCW will be recognized by NY.

If you are going to illegal carry, make sure it is an unregistered gun, make sure you don't ever touch it with your bare hands, and make sure that you buy the ammo from someplace with no cameras and pay cash for it, and never touch that with your bare hands either, and if you ever have to use the gun make sure you are not using it in the vicinity of cameras or witnesses who can identify the kind of vehicle you drive (street sweepers are ridiculously identifiable), make sure you dump the gun and the ammo immediately afterwards, and then maybe, if you are very, very lucky, you won't go to jail.

Otherwise, don't bother.

Fuck you ... You are a genious

Nogunz here, out of curiosity what is the function mo that thing protruding from the trigger?

>Tfw nogunz

Yeah, I bought my first one when I was 21 out of fear (i lived in a nig nog neighborhood). Now im up to 11 firearms.

NY doesn't honor PA carry permits, or permits from any other state for that matter.

usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

It's a safety. Ensures the gun won't fire unless the trigger is pulled, so dropping it won't cause it to go off.

That picture is fucking retarded by the way.

Get a rifle, and do a tactical retreat to the vehicle to obtain the firearm when it's necessary. If they pulled the weapon on you first, they would likely be able to steal your weapon anyways. Though I think returning on the offensive after successful escape would be considered 2nd degree murder.

Thanks for clearing that up, I've always been curious.

>That picture is fucking retarded by the way

Yeah, indoctrination works best if you get them young. Is there a big anti gun movement in yankeland?