TFW can't leave the country

>TFW can't leave the country

>TFW passport expired and need new one but it requires a guarantor and two references who aren't family members
>TFW don't know anyone who would (need to know them at least two years it says)

I-is it impossible to get a passport now?

I saved up money from my job and wanted to visit a cool country

Other urls found in this thread:

cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/new/apply-how.asp
news.vice.com/article/the-complex-case-of-a-us-marine-held-for-accidentally-taking-guns-to-mexico
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it requires a guarantor and two references who aren't family members
In Mexico it's considered a constitutional right, we don't get asked for shit like that

is this real

>> but it requires a guarantor and two references who aren't family members

What the fuck? I heard it's expensive too right? Why doesn't the Canadian government want its citizens to travel the world?

WHAT DO I DO

Should I just ask random people like neighbors or doctor?

It's not expensive tho. A 10-year passport is like $130.

But this rule is weird AF

what the fuck

It kinda is, it's half of that here. Do you have no friends candanon?

They're not very good friends desu

I guess I could ask people from work but it feels weird, why is this requirement so retarded.

Also I don't see how $130 is a lot, if you can't afford it then you can't really travel anywhere anyway. It's a dollar a month over the 10 years it's valid for.

So did you planned to visit a cool country alone? It's not very interesting tbqh.

>requires a guarantor and two references who aren't family members

What?

If your passport hasn't been expired for more than a year you can just renew it. That should be much easier.

It has

Need to apply for new one :(

Gonna just use dentist and neighbor, but not sure who to use as guarantor.

What the fuck is guarantor? Maybe you need exit visa to leave the country as well?

why don't you have friends loser

>guarantor
haha, what the fuck, this can't be real

>it's real
cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/new/apply-how.asp
what the fuck canada

Run the fuck away from Canada.

Illegally immigrate to America, and get one of our passports with a forged birth certificate.

I thought adult people without a passport was just a meme

Not everyone has the problem of missing an exit and ending up in a different country.

WAT DA FUK???

What? Guarantor? In any country you just go and ask for a new passport and that's it

>passport expires in a few month
>need to renew it
>i don't actually live in my official main place of residence, so i can't renew it here
>have to drive 3 hours to my home town just to apply for a passport renewal, then a few weeks later do the same to pick it up
>don't have a car

It's just someone who's passport info you use to confirm you're you I guess

wow, I thought "Europeans do not have cars" was just a meme

Do they require the penis inspection for it in other countries too or is it just here?

And here I thought Canada was supposed to be the enlightened version of America.

>get my passport renewed in 2013
>it's now 4 years later and I haven't left the country even one time

fugg lads

put up a gig ad on craigslist

a travel agency would probably do it if you book with them and they get a commission

I applied for my passport on a thursday and got it on tuesday, they don't check, could probably put down chinese names from the phone book

yeah I bet they only check the references if you're sketchy looking when you go in to apply

>exploring the world and travelling is a problem
OK.

It's pointless. Why the fuck would I travel to a place full of foreigners that babble their disgusting native language?
Why the fuck should I even spend my money on countries I hope they collapse?

Literally an uncultured swine.

>uncultured

Am not from that emptied shithole you call Ireland. I am from Italy, I have more culture than the sum of all of you snowniggers and then some

>culturally rich
>culture is literally pizza and pasta

>never visited another country, nor experienced any other culture than spaghetti

Good one Jorge

we get asked this if you need to get a new passport and you're over 16, or you're over 16 and getting it renewed. All they have to do is sign a passport sized picture of you to say you are who you say you are

I just had a teacher do one of them and my GP did the other because I was going to see him anyway

It might have been for my provisional drivers licence but I can't really remember since I did both at the same time

just get a bus you fucking tool

Right, eh?

You don't need a passport when crossing borders in the EU

Eh.. no.
Never heard of the Schengen treaty?

Good image(s)

Russia was the hardest country qua visa requirements I've ever visited, and a hand-written letter from my ex-gf's granny that I would stay there for 3 weeks was all what was required.

Thanks, eh!

Seriously gringo?

news.vice.com/article/the-complex-case-of-a-us-marine-held-for-accidentally-taking-guns-to-mexico

Russia is kind of a shithole

Yes but that is besides the question.

Are you saying you can't visit eg. Belgium without an invitation?

You want me to invite you? :3

No SENPAI I just need this shit to get my passport

It's a weird rule desu. I don't even think other countries have it.

>need a new passport
>all blank pages
>all the cool visa stamps and stickers gone

It's pretty easy here. They were very annoying about the photo though. There was a scratch on it that was so small I could not even see it and thus invalid. Had to go back and bring a different copy

We don't have it. I can travel not only passport-free across the EU but even the adjacent countries like Switzerland, Norway, Bosnia and Turkey.

Why can't you? I thought le weedman was a globetrotter?

Delet...

Lol captcha was 'adolfo'. Heil

?

I'm fully aware of Schengen

You don't need passport to travel between Schengen countries. Which are basically all the somewhat relevant countries in the EU.

Schengen covers all EU countries (-Ireland and the U.K) and a few others

Also, that's exactly what I said originally

What the fucking FUCK!?!

What is it with anglo countries and their complete inability to keep track and verify your ID without having to resort to the highly trustworthy method of calling on third persons to corroborate that you are indeed Jimmy James????

>Have been desperate to move to Canada since around 2010 or so
>Still don't qualify despite training for the trades listed as in demand in growth areas of Ontario
>In back of mind know I'll never qualify or be allowed in
>Develop strange depersonalized disorder where I start imagining I've already moved and talk like I already live there

If you're not a qt stay the fuck out

>It's a constitutional right to jump the border in mexico

How are you not free to gtfo? Wasn't Canada super progressive and shit?

just travel to michigan or washington desu its pretty much the same.

Nah they still don't have first-world healthcare or crime rates and you can't upgrade to a CN citizenship if you live there

Do you know any of your mom/dads friends well enough to ask them?

Not really

It'd feel awkward desu. Maybe I could tho

Is it just a signature?

Seriously just get in touch with a former employer or boss that you left a good impression on, and have them as a reference. Even if they don't remember you, they'll just bullshit that they think you're an alright chat

The people who check references, if they even do, are wageslaves who don't care beyond asking the basic questions

Yeah I believe so. I have a 10 year one but it's been a couple years since I did it. I asked a family friend for one and got it easy. It's really not that difficult of a process if you have all your stuff in order.

True thanks nigger