Should I do Accounting or become an Electrician?

Should I do Accounting or become an Electrician?

Accountant

Electrician sounds scary.

Do you want a desk job where you can browse the internet all day or a job where you actually have to do shit?

Accountant if you are optimistic about the economic future of your country

Electrician if you are not

> if its about money for you

I'd say be an electrician. If you get work, you get the satisfaction of having something physical to show for it (there's power). If you don't get work, you get paid from the union. You can be a lazy shit and do nothing. Also, you don't really have a HARD deadline with physical labor, unlike being an accountant, where you're going to need to be able to do x amount of work before the end of the day.

>Accounting or become an Electrician
if your down to that choice, whatever you would be able to make more money with

The thing is if you become an electrician, you will know stuff about electricity. And you know how that could help the free world? Pic related.

Do you want a desk job or not a desk job?

Accountant = stress, unstable job market, replaceable, office work.

Electrician = 9 to 5 travelling job, job security, irreplaceable, hands on alpha male work.

Learning a trade is always good. Locksmith, carpenter, Electrician...

You must be pretty stupid if you think being an accountant has anything to do with the economics of a country. A layman's job like an electrician is much more likely to be affected by an economic downturn than a job that requires certification and a college degree

Unless you suck at it and seriously injure yourself and end up on disability and can't work

I'd put effort in proving you wrong, but this is Sup Forums.

Electricians actually do shit, make pretty good money, and people appreciate their skill. They will work with some pretty chill guys and some fuck-heads.

source: am fuck-head

This is one of the best posts I've seen on Sup Forums in a while. I award you ten out of ten internets.

It depends on how fond you are of physical labor over mental labor. Even if you take an accounting job, you would have to work out at least some to keep from getting fat and having a heart attack before you're 50.

It also depends on whether you go into industrial, commercial, or residential electricity.

Commercial means that you take on all comers, whether industrial or residential.

Residential deals with wiring new homes during construction, and rewiring and modifying existing homes.

Industrial means bending and running conduit and wiring for new businesses, and adding onto or modifying established businesses. There's a lot more work involved in industrial electricity than with the other two; but each has its advantages and disadvantages. Industrial is probably the most lucrative of the three, depending on where you live, the economy as it relates to the amount of new home construction, and other factors. There will be times when home renovation, additions, etc., will keep you busy, and times when work will be almost nonexistent if you go into residential electricity. There is industry everywhere, and there are always related electrical work if you live in an area where there is a lot of industry.

Regardless of the economy, though, people will ALWAYS need an accountant to keep track of their expenditures, income, expenses, etc.; whether it's small businesses or large industries. EVERY business has to have an accountant to keep the financial records straight.

poophead

accounting. nobody wants to do physical labour their whole life

Stfu leddit, go away you niggerjewtits yea

Come, join the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. We have punch and pie, and great healthcare, and a retirement plan.

Family member is an accountant. She wants to blow her brains out, because she sees how stupidly her bosses spend their money. Also, She's busy, like, 10 days out of the month, and then she's sitting on her ass in an office on a computer with internet filters. Imagine that, but you give people fucking power, and, on your days when there's no work, you get to go home and still get paid.

>You have to be 18

Accounting is easy, did a dual major with business management and almost never showed up at the university. Still finished with a shitload of points and it's a pretty fun subject.

The only issue I have is that whereever you get hired, you see issues with budgeting and spending and dumb business decisions but nobody listens to you or thanks you.