Just came from the screening in mother Russia

Just came from the screening in mother Russia.

Pacing is all over the place - ends on a weirdly unsatisfying cliffhanger. Dialogues are pedestrian, scenes with Garona are especially bad. All actors are too young, it's essentially young adult movie.

On the other hand visuals are great, very authentic to Blizzard cutscenes. Story sort of goes through the lore checklist, they really tell the story of original Warcraft and don't miss or alter much. Nerds gonna love this, but newcomers will be lost.

6/10

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/warcraft-movie-box-office-international-opening-weekend/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked Garona more than everything was just bad

She's pretty but makes little sense.

I give it a 5/10. I agree the visuals are good but the dialog, actor performances and stories are all really bad.

Does Ben Foster make a good role?

>and stories are all really bad.
but they just based it on the first game's story correct? Or did they change bits?

No. He's actually the worst part. Powerful wizard that looks like a douchebag (and he is in context of the story)

They didn't change much. There's no Ner'zhul, but everyone else is in the movie and does what he supposed to.

aww dam he looks really good though

He was retarded. His transformation was so long and scenes with him jump way too fast.

>scenes with him jump way too fast.
I hope Duncan will release a director's cut then

It may suffer from the BvS syndrome and will be fixed a lot if it is extended

It does suffer a bit. There's a lot of events happening and not enough time for anything to sink in.

>Powerful wizard that looks like a douchebag

Sounds about right

Same.
I've heard they cut out around 30 minutes of scenes.
Apparently a couple clips from trailers such as "Theyre beasts" weren't in the film.
And apparently the full speech by Gul'dan in the leaked Comic Con footage wasn't in the movie.
Don't know if it's correct but that's what I've heard.

I expected it to be like REALLY bad but it was entertaining at least, some silly things but still ok.

6/10

>Nerds gonna love this, but newcomers will be lost.
Not even nerds should love this, unless they just enjoy seeing orcs on screen. Everything's a mess. Almost everything is bad. I say "almost" because not every single nanosecond is torture, but godDAMN is it just so fucking horrible. I say this as a wow player of 11 years, so I'm not biased against it. If anything, I'm biased in its favour.
2/10

>the full speech by Gul'dan in the leaked Comic Con footage wasn't in the movie.
THOSE BASTARDS

Is the orc snapping human's neck in there still?

It's funny how you can say so much and yet not actually say anything as to why you disliked it.

I'm not even a WoW player but shit, at least try to get me to not see it.

Are the human scenes decent at least? I wanted to see some great conflicting dialogue about the orcs but I guess I won't get that...

>I'm not even a WoW player

I just listened to the soundtrack and there were no Warcraft themes... is that true for the film?

There's a lot of bone breaking and violent scenes of genocide. Actually kinda cool. Guldan tortures humans, drenei by dragging their life force or something. Looks brutal.

>tfw hoping if I go to see this movie alone in cinemas, I might meet a new friend

Yes, soundtrack is forgettable shit.
Some are. Gamora or Medivh are the cringiest.

>I'm not even a WoW player but shit, at least try to get me to not see it.
Fine. There's no real story on how and why Gul'dan fucked up Draenor. He just did it. They ramble on and on about "the fel" in such cringey ways. The dialogue is shit. Khadgar's actor is bad. Anduin's actor - Ragnar - is playing Ragnar, not a seasoned general of armies. Medivh's "fall to the fel" is also weirdly portrayed. A huge Orc rides on a teeny tiny horse at one point, and it looks goofy. I know, that last one's a nitpick, but still.

Rather more importantly, Garona is just allowed to walk right up to Llane as she pleases, literally moments after capture on the battlefield. An alien enemy. Right up to the king. Later on, Llane's queen walks right into Garona's cell with blankets and something to drink. Garona even mentions "I could kill you before the guards could save you", but the queen justifies this by saying "we must show trust" or some shit. I repeat, moments after capture, with no reason to trust her.

Oh, I just remembered, the fight scenes are laughable. There's a Mak'gora between Anduin and Blackhand which takes literally, LITERALLY 10 seconds, wherein Blackhand's crotch is sliced open by Anduin scooting between his legs on his knees. It's agony to watch.

Also, the story is horribly paced. There's apparently a time skip between the orcs landing in Azeroth and the human soldiers going after them, because Garona has "learned the human language from the prisoners". Shit/10.

nobody is going to talk to you, pathetic neckbeard

Some people have said that the Stormwind theme is in the movie.
And I've also heard that part of the Vanilla login music plays in the credits.

>I wanted to see some great conflicting dialogue about the orcs but I guess I won't get that...
hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO YOU FUCKING WON'T.

IT'S SHIT. THERE IS NO THRILLING DIALOGUE. EVERYTHING'S BAD. YOU GOOF'D IT BLIZZARD.

>Gamora or Medivh are the cringiest.
Those are bad too. Garona is damn near the main character, and it's so. fucking. cringey every time she's on screen with her dumb green makeup.

Haha, I just remembered the blood elves and their obviously-rubber-ears. The makeup is just so fucking stupid.

Don't watch it. Not if you're a wow fan, or a fantasy fan, or a movie fan, or an entertainment fan. If you're a masochist, and you want to set fire to what feels like 3 hours but is actually just 1h40m, I guess you can go. Otherwise, don't.

>doesn't even know the names of the fucking characters
sure dude, I totally believe your shit opinions

I liked it tbqh, sure it wasn't perfect but as warcraft fan I got everything I ever wanted from this film

And this is why videogame flicks will continue to be trash.
Neckbeards have no standards.

>dumb green makeup.
it's computer effect not a makeup though

>Is the orc snapping human's neck in there still?
There is one scene where an orc picks up a human by the head and does a sort of cracking-motion.

Also, I don't know if it's the one you're talking about, but there's a scene where Gul'dan is talking to Doomhammer while soul-draining some human next to him. It was okay, I guess.

>talking in a movie theater

fuckoff normie

>like it fucking matters
It's shit. It might as well have been green makeup, because she just looks like a green human woman with tiny little protruding tusks. Not just humanoid like orcs are, but straight up human.

Not surprising, since Garona was initially intended to be an orc-human hybrid, but was later changed to draenei-orc hybrid (in the lore, not the movie or the development of the movie, that is), but still. It's garbage.

Gamora, Garona what's the difference? Can't even make new names for green ladies.

Do they kiss?

You don't meet friends at movie theaters man. Invite an acquaintance, a roommate, a classmate, or a coworker or something.

yeah, that looks like green makeup. not saying it is but it looks like it

They fucc. At least it's sorta hinted at

I'm inclined to agree. They can keep putting low effort into these movies and turning some kind of profit, because the game geeks will see it no matter what.

That's not what really happening though. They all flop.

Why are the visuals so fucking bad?
Why is everything so cheap?
Why is the cinematography so fucking bad?

This.
Only movies that survive are the ones that attract the masses like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil.

>that looks like green makeup
Nope it is computer generated on her

well, that looks like green makeup. not saying it is but it looks like it

Why is this film not full cgi? Why?!

>Why is the cinematography so fucking bad?
I like the long wide shot. I when director's have a scene with too many non stop cut ins.

>I *hate* when director's have a scene with too many non stop cut ins
what I was meant to say

does that mean the cg department did a good job?

Because watching animated humans doesn't do it for me nor I doubt it does for anyone else who wants to see a video game adaption on the big screen.

That armor looks so tacky

it looks fine!

They tried to maintain the game's cartoony aesthetic (which is ridiculously over-designed on its own) but without the cartoony looking characters to go along with it, it just looks wrong.

>Story sort of goes through the lore checklis
>The Draenei exist due to WoW retcons
>Fel Magic instead of Mannoroth's Blood
>Thrall is stillborn, Gul'dan uses Fel magic on him to revive him
>Garona is nothing but a fucktoy, not even a spy for the Horde
>Every human is sympathetic to her, not just Llane
>Garona falls in love with Lothar
>Llane tells her to kill him so Blackhand won't get the honour
>Garona cries while stabbing Llane in the neck and becomes the biggest Orc hero for doing so
>Stormwind doesn't get sacked shortly after Llane's death
>Gul'dan defeats Durotan in Mak'gora
>Lothar defeats Blackhand in Mak'gora
>Draka stabbed by a random Grunt
>Medivh gets doubleteamed by Lothar and Khadgar instead of a raid
>Flying Dalaran

>Warcraft making a killing at box office without being released globally
>Sup Forums still thinks it will flop
movieweb.com/warcraft-movie-box-office-international-opening-weekend/

so did BvS

I sat next to a cute girl with short hairs, and she was like those gamergurls, theatrically showing the joy on every familliar character appearances on the screen. And she loved the new Ghostbusters trailer btw, she even commented something like "OMG I NEED TO SEE IT :)"

And her legs were better show than the movie itself.

yeah I was about to say, it looks like something from TOYS R US. Doesn't look like metal and they are zero scruffs on it.

child

>Gul'dan saves Durotan's son's life
>Durotan repays him by challenging him to Mak'gora

What a fucking asshole.

Anyone else who was a bit annoyed that Travis Fimmel basicly just did Ragnar Lothbrok again? The same facial expressions, the same smugness. I'm not that well-read on the lore, so if it's "correct" then I stand corrected.

>have a great story
>get to make your own movie
>what kind of movie do you want?
>just fuck my lore up senpai
>I got you

Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Azeroth. I was schooled in magik arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “Warcraft” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Azeroth. He doesn't speak Common. He has never held a sword. They make him a death knight. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn't like the film and didn't go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

He is very generic good, noble hero of the alliance, respected military commander etc. Not much to him.

One thing that amazed me was that someone actually got polymorphed!

yes, i can confirm. Gul'dans speech wasnt cut down though, it was rewritten

Was it better? I don't see why they would rewrite it.

I bet this guy has crushed so many Draenei and Elf pussy.

it would suck ass big time

uuuh medivh getting double teamed is canon. omitting the raid was fine.

So no one's gonna talk on how a guard was transformed into a sheep for 60 seconds, a legit game mechanic? The nods to the game was here and there and I found it interesting. Can't wait til Tyrande makes it to the big screen.

>Can't wait til Tyrande makes it to the big screen.
kill yourself illidan, no one in their right mind would want to see that psycho bitch in a movie

>There's apparently a time skip between the orcs landing in Azeroth and the human soldiers going after them, because Garona has "learned the human language from the prisoners".

This was in the original Warcraft: Orcs and Human Manual, the orcs were in Azeroth for ten years before the events of the game.

It is truly a Great film for the fans of warcraft. I had an Awesome time in the Cinema watching the film. I almost cried of how happy i was just in the first 10 mins xD

>Tyrande
>Not Jaina

You taste is so shit Lordaeron was destroyed and Illidan got released and it fucked up the world

>22%

>tfw no garona gf
;_;

>another psycho bitch but this one actually was about to commit the genocide she barks so much about
no thanks

Funny that you say that, since the demon hunters in warcraft 3 actually stabbed themselves in the chest, as their death animation. So Illidan literally killed himself, every time he died.

>Jaina
>psycho

yeah keep telling yourself that Kael.

>triggered so hard was about to commit genocide
>started killing everyone on sight
>is about to secede from the alliance

>she didn't commit any genocide
>only did it to keep everyone safe
>hasn't seceded from the alliance

arthas cucked you so bad your delusions are just as bad.

>she didn't commit any genocide
she was about to flood orgrimmar
>only did it to keep everyone safe
safe from her exploding fireballs?
>hasn't seceded from the alliance
she literally teleported out of stormwind telling anduin that he is a weak faggot (she is right about that though)

its wow, all the humans were either idiots, crazy, corrupted, or actually dragons in disguise, because horde needed bad guys to fight.

>$16.3M opening weekend
>100 million dollar budget
>its doing really well guyz
user,,,,,

>in 15 countries so far

REMINDER

Is this but the first in a long line of motion pictures soon to encompass the forthcoming "vidyakino" era?