Hmmm really engaged my thought processes

Hmmm really engaged my thought processes

Literally (in a literal way) no one cares about swimming pham

white people love swimming

people don't actually think what phelps has done is that impressive? it's fucking swimming, they have a stupid amount of events for one """"""""sport"""""""" so of course his medals are going to be padded

100 m butterfly
200 m butterfly
200 m medley
400 m medley
200 m freestyle
200 m backstroke
4×100 m freestyle
4×200 m freestyle
4×100 m medley

And each race is 2 minutes long

While football takes 23 athletes to play ~650 minutes just to win 1 (one) medal

>you spend most of the match standing around doing fuckall
That semen slurping sport "soccer" isn't for me

So I guess the 100 meter dash means shit...

It only takes like 50 seconds total to win one gold

Same I guess with pole vaulting, hurdles, let's not even cover hammer throw, archery, power lifting, wrestling..

Jesus dude you are stupid

>more metals then all but 2 countries
>like qt trap girls

Literally can't be more our guy

I'm willing to bet you can't swim one down length of an Olympic pool

each swimming stroke is different, the same people don't often win in every stroke. Michael Phelps is GOAT in butterfly, and decent at freestyle, but he's never competed on an olympic level in backstroke or breaststroke. He can do well in Medley because he's pretty good at 2 strokes and his other 2 strokes are "good enough"

If you have only 1 chosen stroke in the olympics (which would be the crawl because it's the fastest, nobody would opt for anything else, technically in freestyle I think you can choose any stroke you want, but nobody chooses anything else), it'd mean a lot of people just shut out despite being amazing swimmers in the other strokes.

For distances, it's like track and field and speedskating. Different distances have different requirements and different people are better at them.

The only time you really need to worry about there being too many competitions within the same "event" is if the same person is winning every stroke, and every distance.

Just don't be so damned salty, yeah, the US is GOAT at swimming, just like Netherlands is GOAT at "kankerskate"

>his medals are going to be padded
but the OP is a picture only counting swimming medals you fucking retard

You do realize the OP's image is only swimming medals, right?

How fucking retarded are you bongs these days?

Where is the swimmer with 15 golds? Face it, Phelps is a phenomenon

I swim regularly at my local swim centre

>never competed in them
I took that list directly from the list of """"""events"""""" phelps won medals for

Of course I do you dumb fucks, but if there are 10+ swimming events than yes his medals are going to be padded compared to if there was a sensible amount of swimming events to win medals for
>amerifat education can't wrap their heads round this

He was in 2 Olympics already, it's not like this is news...at least here in Brazil almost everyone cheers for him, this guy is too good.

I'm not denying that his accomplishments are impressive, but there's literally no reason for there to be any strokes other than freestyle

He won a silver in 200m backstroke in a pan pacific games not the olympics. I said he never competed in them at the olympic level, which he hasn't. He hasn't competed in the breaststroke at any international level aside from being part of the medley.

t. bongcuck

Jesus Christ you're madder than us and we're looking at a country-wide suicide epidemic from getting eliminated in men's soccer by Denmark today

>On the most PEDs that aren't yet tested for by IOC

the swimming medals are still ridiculous skewed. They have 5 different distances for the freestyle 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m and 1500m and then 2 distances for every type of stroke. The crawl is a standard move you learn when you swim and then you can specialize in a seperate stroke (which is what most swimmers do). That would mean you'd be able to get 7 medals already. Then add the 2 team distances of freestyle that you can win if you compete for a fairly competitive country like the USA. Take that over 3 olympics and you have 27 medals already. I'll give you the 3 1500m medals because that's actually a different distance and requires different technique.

24 medals for learning two strokes

the only thing that comes close to allowed these kind of medals is track and field, but it's nearly impossible since the 100m and 200m are vastly different in running than 400m or above. A GOAT in the 100m and 200m like Usain Bolt wasn't even be able to compete in these distances.

I'm not saying what Phelps did isn't impressive af, but the amount of medals available in swimming for even just learning the freestyle is insane.

>there's no reason for a hurdle since there is already a sprint

Kinda like cycling in the velodrome then I guess, maybe half your 2012 medals should be taken away

US confirmed for stat padding.

Yeah.. I mean I get why they do the 50m freestyle "splash and dash" it's basically the swimming equivalent of the 100m sprint.

Realistically if you want to get rid of any swimming events, it's the 200m events. The difference between a 100m and a 200m really isn't that much and so you see the same people winning both distances in a stroke.

To me it'd make more sense to have a 100m and 400m, where the 400m is a bit of an endurance race (it's harder to swim the same distance than run it, so 400m swimming is a lot more exertion than 400m running, the times are about 4x as long but I'd say the actual effort is 2x as hard, so think 800m run when you hear 400m swim. A sprinter can't do well in a 400m swim)

So if anything, eliminate the 200 free, and the 4x200 relay, and the 200m of the other strokes and perhaps make 400m of the other strokes instead.

The only 200m races should be the medley, because otherwise, the only thing interesting that 200m races do, is face off sprinters vs distance swimmers because it's a middle distance race, kind of like the 400m in track.

I guess that can be interesting sometimes if you see a situation where you have Katie Ledecky, who's a distance swimmer and does the 800, 400, and 200, and Katinka Hosszu, who does 100 and 200 events facing off.. however.. they don't compete in the same strokes so it won't happen. The only time they might come up against each other is in 4x200 relay, where it won't matter as much.

It doesn't eliminate much to be honest as far as "padding" medals goes, since it really only eliminates 2 races... 3 other races get replaced with a different distance

I suppose you could ditch the 400m individual medley as well, since like the 200m of any stroke is not that much different from the 100m, the 400m is not that much different from the 200m in medley, the same competitors tend to win both distances. You could either eliminate the 200m medley or 400m medley, either one.

I'd get rid of all the 200m or 100m as well for every stroke, change it into a 400m. Then also eliminate the 800m in freestyle. so you'd have the 50m, 100/200m, 400m and 1500m. Then for different strokes you get the 200m and 400m. It change up the dynamics nicely, but probably nobody else cares.

Lol no. They actively tried to stop us by changing the rules and removing the events we won

so instead of:

Freestyle: 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 1500m (800m for women's)
Backstroke: 100m, 200m
Breststroke: 100m, 200m
Butterfly: 100m, 200m
IM: 200m, 400m
Relay: 4x100m, 4x200m, 4x100m medley
16 men's events per olympics

You'd have

Freestyle: 50m, 100m, 400m, 1500m
Backstroke: 100m, maybe a 400m
Bresaststroke: 100m, maybe a 400m
Butterfly: 100m, maybe a 400m
IM: 200m or 400m but not both
Relay: 4x100m, 4x100m medley

That cuts it down to 10 guaranteed events with 3 possible events if they think there's real merit to having endurance races in those strokes which considering they don't currently HAVE endurance races in those strokes.. they probably would not.

Mind you, with the 200m and 4x200 and one of the IM distances eliminated.. Michael Phelps would go from 21 gold medals to 10 Olympic gold medals.

The real padding is the 200m races.

I think the 100m has more value than the 200m. It's the 200m that is a middle distance race that can draw in both sprinters and distance swimmers. If you only have a 200 there's no race purely for sprinters aside from the 50 free.

Eliminating 200m distances would mean there's still races for sprinters and distance swimmers, just no middle distance races that people use to pad their medal count.

Also the women shouldn't have an 800m it should be a 1500m

Again, the same people (in this case Katie Ledecky) are favored to win both the 800 and 400 (and she won the 200 as well), it doesn't seem like much of a difference between an 800 and a 400 if the same athlete does both distances and wins consistently at both. But in a 1500? Maybe she'd tire out, wouldn't be able to hold her pace, and someone else would be better. The same competitor CAN win both the 1500m and 400m, but it's more of a clear difference.