In your opinion which decade has the largest yield of good quality music?

In your opinion which decade has the largest yield of good quality music?

60s, and frankly it's not even close

2010s easily. Any other answer is retarded.

It's actually 70s

Is that fucking Snow Patrol in the 00s?

70s.

Jazz fusion started. David Bowie. Stevie Wonder. Good ass pyschedelic music. Motown. David Bowie again. How can other decades compete?

2010's and then it goes backwards in perfect reverse chronological order (00's, 90's, 80's, etc) with the only exception being that the 90's didn't really improve on the 80's.

Okay, you're right, user :(

>no mention of krautrock or progressive electronic
ahyukyukyuk

Shouldn't you be in school?

1: 60's
2: 90's
3: 50's

My top three.

snow day

No kidding. The main reason newer music isn't talked about when this discussion is had is because time is what really tells if an album or song is still good.

Also, I think 60s>80s>70s>90s>00s

>1950s
>music started

Why the 50s? Not asking to be a jerk. First time I saw the 50s mentioned in someone's top decades. Genuinely curious.

70s, easily

lmao

60s>70s>90s>50s>>>>>s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>literal dog shit>80s

It's between the sixties and the seventies for me. Eighties a close runner-up. Tell me how shit my taste is.

not him, but 50s had a lot of classic country like merle travisand hank williams. Also had great pop like elvis ,cash and buddy holly

Oh and I forgot the black rockers like little Richard and chuck berry

1. 2010s
2. 2000s
3. 80s
4. 70s
5. 60s

music is always improving

dont call me frankly

The 10s, with the 00s close behind. 50s were absolute garbage, 60s - 80s okay, 90s had some good stuff like hip-hop.

People who hate the 80s are just butthurt that their favorite dadrock artists of the 60s and 70s fucking sucked at the time.

Agreed, but people get mad if you say that.

Apparently music was better when it was just four coked-up british dudes playing the blues in a fancy studio.

I agreed with this opinion when I was in high school. I still have my old Pink Floyd shirts if you guys want them.

Late 60s was okay but not really my stuff
Early 70s was great
Late 70s early 80s was also great
Mid to late 80s was great
Early 90s had a lot of good shit
Mid 90s I find less music I really like
Late 90s even less music that I really connect with
2000s has some more stuff that I like but not my favorite
2010s have failed to make me feel much through music but I have found some stuff I love
All and all there's great music from every decade if you look hard enough

1910s, because that's when music started.

I like the 2010s too but I'm a little skeptical why people are putting it so high.

1. 1970s
2. 1960s
3. 2010s
4. 1940s(not on there but it's the bebop decade)

are many of you are hip hop fans ?

Either the 70's or 80's

goddamnit
are any of you hip hop fans ?*

non-rockists will say 90s, and they are correct.

80s easily.

the 90s

60's/70's

80s.
Synth pop, new wave, sophisti-pop, art pop, electro-disco, house, techno, post-punk, noise rock, indie rock, indie pop, post-hardcore, and emo all began and/or flourished in the decade.

2010s

>all these people acting like only 5 bands/artists define a generation of music
the very fact that we have access to almost all recorded music and more music is being recorded now than ever makes this the best decade for music, not to mention the increase in technology