Why cant Protestants into kino?

Why cant Protestants into kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_did_those_feet_in_ancient_time
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Protestants have a difficult time in art because they don't believe in idolatry.

Art is considered haram in protestantism

No European culture and history

It clearly says "entertaining, profound, and powerful" on the Protestant flick, but nothing on the Orthodox Cinema, OP. Might want to rethink things.

Protestants are just sheeps for the jews

Because they speak for themselves

I want a new re-imagined Luther biography that doesn't suck like the Fiennes movie.

Why is Brendan Gleeson so based?

Okay, faggot.

>Dreyer
>Malick
>Bergman

Is that based autist?

But Ordet is the greatest Christian film of all time

Isn't he Catholic?

Can Americans really be considered protestant?

They have all kinds of weird and fucked up sects that think America is the holy land and Jesus visited there and whatever the fuck that rapture business is. Nobody in Europe has those things.

Episcopalian

God's Not Dead was written by Catholics.
>Papistcucks still trying to damage control their shitty Anti-Christ worship this hard

>Nobody in Europe has those things.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_did_those_feet_in_ancient_time

This ťbh. Protestantism is an extremely simplified version of Catholism without a deep theological tradition. Protestant churches never played roles like the Catholic or Orthodox church did.

So pretty much a cafeteria catholic then

What does it matter. There is no heaven and the world and everything created will all be destroyed and we will eventually be in a realm of nothingness for all eternity so why does it matter?

>Protestantism is an extremely un-Jew version of Catholism without a deep desire to wallet dom all the foolish goys.

This thread is about to devolve into a theological argument

delusional proddy ancap detected

See: Shane Carruth for protestant kino

Told you so

Hey bro, if followers of Abrahamic teachings aren't supposed to be greedy, why do your Papist priest go around wearing more bling than muh thuglife nignogs?

Shane Carruth is a Christian but his films aren't particularly Christian.

Because modern mainstream protestantism is obssessed with being cool and hip. Protestantism is the Chad and Stacy you knew in high school, so anything they make appeals to them.

Source: am protestant, used to go to large protestant churches.

To command respect. They wear them not of greed but to symbolize the might and glory of God.

That doesn't exactly sound humble, does it.
Hey bro, if Abrahamic teachings dictate that you are monotheists, why do Papists have a catalog of hundreds of super powered people, whose likeness your followers stamp out into medals and trading cards to carry around, and to whom you offer prayers?

i'm not super big into religion, but i always thought that catholic ritual was pretty cool. if i had to join a group, i think it'd be catholic.

I'm pretty sure these threads are always posted by the same guy.

The traditions of man have the power to nullify the word of God.

Ironic seeing how Luther wrote "On the Jews and Their Lies".

He's been doing it since the first Gods bot dead movie was released.

>super powered people

Actually they don't have real power, they only serve as proxys between people and god.

>more infighting between people follow the same magic cult

These threads are no different than the capeshit ones.

>Expecting a protestant to know about hagiography
You are preaching in the desert brother.

Then they don't say much

>survive being shot with a couple dozen arrows
>finding medicine by shooting an arrow into the sky
>not super powers

fuck is wrong with that foot? i'm not gonna fap to that

Who cares? Prods are lost souls destined for hell

Reminder

That was Deus Pater acting through them.
Protestantism is nothing but christian wahabism, a radical sect worth for idiots.

>UK Protestantism

Isn't that the Anglican church?

Why are protestants still in a big huff about the pope? Grow the fuck up protestants

Yes

>implying God interferes in the world of man
Catholics are literally the capeshitters of Christianity.

>posting a picture of an Anglican church
>a religion literally made just so the riddled with syphilis king could get his rocks off with a new bitch

Kek. At least Luther wasn't cucked by the Pope even if he was fucking nuts and beat himself.

Because they're literally Contrarianism: The Religion.

>Divorce is okay!
>Not going to mass is okay!
>Faggots are okay!

Lmao and you're saying Catholicism is Jew?

>protestants
>implying
My great, great, great, great grandfather's wife's son was killed in a German commune simply because he believed that Jesus was a kind and non-greedy person who believed salvation can come to any man, at any age who professes his love to Jesus and that his body could be purified of sin without having to feed shekels to his local Papist Jew.

We might hate the mods and the work that they DO FOR FREE, but we don't demand that every nation send soldiers to harry them from their homes, to slay them, their women, and their children, to burn their places of worship to ash.
Papists, please no bully.

>implying God doesn't interferes in the world of man
>What is Bible
>What is Jesus

I'm not even christian, mang, but those are things in what you're supposed to believe

>Jesus says no divorce
>Protestants divorce anyway
>Jesus says eat my body and blood in memory of me
>Protestants don't
>Jesus says apostles and their successors have the power to forgive sins
>Protestants ignore him

It's like Protestants don't even care what Jesus had to say

>Anglicans
>Protestant

They were anti-Catholic back in the day but their religion has far more in common with Catholicism than Protestant faiths and they had nothing to do with Martin Luther.

>>Jesus says eat my body and blood in memory of me
>>Protestants don't

But they literally do. They just aren't autistic enough to believe that its ACTUALLY MAGICALLY his flesh.

what are you even talking about?

>love thy neighbor
>kill thousands upon thousands of Anabaptists simply because they believe Jesus' love was unconditional
>love they neighbor
>immigrate to America
>proceed to betray America by making war against it with fellow papists

It's like Catholics are fucking Jews.

It is though. It is LITERALLY his flesh and blood after the church gets his blessing. It is a very important part of worshiping our lord.

better to have wrong in your history than in your practices.

That's absolute nonsense. Jesus was using a simile in its most basic form.

Separation of church and state. We didn't have tax dollars from poor dirt farmers to pay for fancy churches.

>Protestant churches never played roles like the Catholic or Orthodox church did.
Well, at least they didn't massacre every other town and destroy indigenous European culture.

The only thing the P*pists were good for was to have yet another reason for my country to leave the """Holy""" Roman Empire.

I never really got this. Do Catholics mean to say Jesus was a wine-stuffed pastry man or that his soul is present in the Eucharist? Do protestants not even believe as much as the latter?

>better to have wrong in your history than in your practices.
What is practices if it is not the constant committing of acts? Your constant acts of hypocrisy is sin in practice.
At least when Protestants divorce, you merely ruin a family.
When Catholics commit their hypocrisy, hundreds of thousands of lives are snuffed out.

Anglicans are Protestant you ignorant fool. So are Lutherans and Calvinists and Baptists and Methodists etc.

>All the papists in this thread
Thank god I was raised Gnostic.

Catholics divorce as well.
Likewise, conservative protestants don't divorce.
Jesus was known for his metaphors. Are Catholics cannibals?
Lastly, the current pope is not a direct successor of the original apostles.

Is it possible to get into religion as an adult?
If I've spent 22 years not really knowing staying a firm agnostic I can't truthfully say I have faith although I would love the benefits of a Christian lifestyle and my father would love for me to join his church. Right now I cannot say I live a sin free life but I am incredibly depressed and I think these things definitely are correlated although I'm not using that as an excuse for my own choices.

>It is LITERALLY his flesh and blood after the church gets his blessing. It is a very important part of worshiping our lord.
Literally Islam-tier

I'd advise against any organized church. It makes agnostics athiests fast. But id still say go once or twice for your father.

fuck you, go back to pol if you want to bash christianity for no reason

No, but once you have those things in the church and ask for Jesus' blessing he gives them his life and turns them into his literal body

>this thread has nothing to do with me or anything I know about
>better let everyone know about it

I know plenty of Catholic teachings and mysticism. I just hope I can trigger catholics with my existence.

>I'd advise against any organized church. It makes agnostics athiests fast.
I would have thought priests were the go to for these kind of questions. I'm picturing them all like Brendan Gleeson from Cavalry mind am I in for massive disappointment and disillusion?

Are we still pretending to be religious?

The few times I went to a new church I was given no special treatment. I'm sure there are great priests who care but I have never met one.

ma nigga God is the greatest pimp of them all

Not him, but depends on the priest.

Did you not meet 1 on 1 with a priest?

No I was never a choir boy.

>worshiping our lord.
>literally eating him
>Awww Marge but the Lord's so sweet and tasty!

>2006 Sup Forums
>stupid americans, god isn't real!

>2016 Sup Forums
>stupid americans, we worship god better than you!

At least you guys were right in 2006.

I really hate this neo-religion meme. Can't wait for it to become popular so you faggots will just go back to be areligious already.

No, you fucking Edgelord

so they're his body and blood in the sense they are vessels for His presence? that's much more reasonable than people make it sound like

Really though don't hinge your entire religious life around one person. If he isnt what you expected from the movie you may need to reevaluate reality from fiction.

>If he isnt what you expected from the movie you may need to reevaluate reality from fiction
That came out wrong from how it was in my head. Don't hinge your religious life on what some from a Himalayan Finger painting board.

High Anglicanism is something people do for fun. No one cares about God over here

No, once they are infused with his spirit they are literally his blood and flesh

I don't know why people have such a hard time understanding this

Can someone explain this concept of why Christians are cannibals to me, I never understood it

Fuck you pol

because it sounds absolutely retarded. The miracle within the ritual that represents the presence of God is turning carbs into proteins? The interpretation that you are consuming a part of the Lord's being to make Him present within you is so much better

It's a legitimate question fuckface.

>tfw the most patrician kino of 2016 was about protestantism

Malick is an Arab Catholic you dumb shit

Looks like a tarantino film