Any good ways to get started on Sup Forumssic composition?

i already know some basic elements of music tehory and I'd like to knwo some good places, guides, books, video whatever that can teach me how to be a better composer, the stuff i do now tends to sound too long and boring or repetive; also I currently use noteflight for composition any better places or software? Any commentary is appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

opus28.co.uk/Fux_Gradus.pdf
northernsounds.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/77-Principles-of-Orchestration
teoria.com/index.php
monoskop.org/images/d/da/Schoenberg_Arnold_Fundamentals_of_Musical_Composition_no_OCR.pdf
davidvaldez.blogspot.com/2006/04/berklee-jazz-harmony-1-4.html
dmu.uem.br/aulas/analise/Kostka_MaterialsTechniquesXXCenturyMusic.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=hWbH1bhQZSw
musescore.org/
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzW9o5O35hQzMzA0ZmI0MWEtZGFmNi00OTQ0LWI2MjMtOWUyNzgyNmUzNzNm&usp=drive_web&ddrp=1&hl=en#
youtube.com/channel/UCqUEaKts92UIstFjrz9BfcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sorry for all the bad grammar I have a keyboard in fornt of the keyboard (the computer one) and can't type very well

git. gud.

thanks I guess

MuseScore is free and better than NoteFlight.

I've tried it but the thing is I don't really want to have to load so many samples for each insturment, Is it worth it thought to have the samples in your computer?

half.com buy a theory and analysis book

do ear training exercises as well. Theory is useless if it stays on the paper

if the stuff you're writing is too long/boring, that's because you're not physically playing it.

try writing something then actually playing a particular part on an instrument. Your body, mind, and hands will tell you when it's been too long and you need a change.

I've written my best sections out of boredom while playing.

>half.com
can you recommend me any books?

I don't know what you mean. I downloaded the application, so all of the samples are on my computer. And it is worth it, it's about as good as you can get without paying.

I'm just saying the program is too big for my shiity computer is all

THEORY

>Fux's Counterpoint
opus28.co.uk/Fux_Gradus.pdf

>Orchestration (Rimsky-Korsakov)
northernsounds.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/77-Principles-of-Orchestration

>Teoria - Music Theory General Guides/Articles
teoria.com/index.php

>Arnold Schcoenberg's "Fundementals of Music Composition"
monoskop.org/images/d/da/Schoenberg_Arnold_Fundamentals_of_Musical_Composition_no_OCR.pdf

>Jazz harmony (from the course at Berklee)
davidvaldez.blogspot.com/2006/04/berklee-jazz-harmony-1-4.html

>Stefan Kostka, Materials and Techniques of 20th Century Music
dmu.uem.br/aulas/analise/Kostka_MaterialsTechniquesXXCenturyMusic.pdf

Someone recommended Harmonic Practice in Tonal Music, I haven't located an online copy though.

PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS

>Basic composing
youtube.com/watch?v=hWbH1bhQZSw

>Free Notation Software
musescore.org/

IMPROVISATION

>Fake books for jazz and blues soloing
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzW9o5O35hQzMzA0ZmI0MWEtZGFmNi00OTQ0LWI2MjMtOWUyNzgyNmUzNzNm&usp=drive_web&ddrp=1&hl=en#

STUFF /COMP/ DOES

>the /comp/ YouTube channel
youtube.com/channel/UCqUEaKts92UIstFjrz9BfcA

thanks mate very much thanks

Good luck. If you really like this, don't ever give up. I'm also studying music theory right now and I haven't stopped a single day to relax

Good luck this shit is quite hard haha but I'm making good progress

Grab some notebook and write every important line down. When you're done with a chapter, read everything you wrote with a pencil in your hand and underline some key words to help you understand and memorize

thanks m8 will do, where are you studying music theory? college or amateur/proffesional hobby?

My method

First understand that every song tells a story and is made of energy dynamics.

Then study movies/books structure and translate to your music ambitions.

Then learn how to move energy during the acts of your story (what does each instrument have to do to contribute?)

Cheers!

I'm studying at home with some of the books I just mentioned and some others that some music teachers that I know recommended me. You have everything you need in my first post, though

I'm doing exactly what I told you to do. Bought some notebooks and I'm writing everything down

thanks hopefully one day one of su will be rembered as a great composer (hopefully I doubt it though haha)

nice m8 cheers as well

What matters is that you achieve your goals. "I want to make this kind of music. I want to understand everything about it and make my own".

on another note do you actually publish your work or share in some way?