In order for life to have appeared spontaneously on earth...

>In order for life to have appeared spontaneously on earth, there first had to be hundreds of millions of protein molecules of the ninth configuration. But given the size of the planet Earth, do you know how long it would have taken for just one of these protein molecules to appear entirely by chance? Roughly ten to the 243 power billions of years. And I find that far, far more fantastic than simply believing in a god.

Best dream ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VF2eYruwFMM
youtube.com/watch?v=S9i-fzlJSs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Duh God exists

What is this from anyway?

Why is Jesus on the Moon?

>Implying time existed prior to the known universe and spacetime

Jesus OP dream smarter

Dunno where those numbers come from, but it's a species calculation if it only takes into account the size and material of Earth. The entire universe is so fast, the real question to calculate for is:

On average, how many years would it take for this protein configuration to occur randomly anywhere in the entire cosmos.

I'm willing to bet the answer is somewhere on the order of tens of billions of years.

After all, it DID happen.

Makes the weight of humanity's sin easier to carry

The Ninth Configuration (1980)

youtube.com/watch?v=VF2eYruwFMM

>earth
>existing before the universe

I am being quite sincere when I ask this so don't dismiss what I'm about to ask as a simple ribbing: Are you genuinely retarded?

>do you know how long it would have taken for just one of these protein molecules to appear entirely by chance? Roughly ten to the 243 power billions of years

Can you elaborate on this at all? Are you even capable of communication or do you only understand reiteration?

Best I can figure is its just taking the number of potential stable combinations of molecules and saying "ONE IN A WHOLE FRIGGIN BUNCH GOD IS REAL"

samefag

It's from the film The Ninth Configuration (1980)

How many billions of years did it take for god to be created by chance?

... taking that as a strong "no" on being capable of communication.

Obviously time didn't exist, it is it's own dimension.

>implying that possibly countless other universes haven't come and gone each containing the ingredients for life, but failing to produce life. We could just happen to be in a universe that got lucky after an infinite number of attempts.

About 13.772 billion years

He wasn't created

>He
ugh can you like, just, not?

It's a quote from the film The Ninth Configuration (1980)

youtube.com/watch?v=S9i-fzlJSs4

You are correct. He never was created. Just like all the other things that don't exist.

>given the size of the planet Earth, do you know how long it would have taken for just one of these protein molecules to appear entirely by chance? Roughly ten to the 243 power billions of years.

Well that's a pretty stupid quote. There's easily 10 to the 243 power billions more "size" in the universe than earth.

It's a quote from the film The Ninth Configuration (1980)

Well that's a pretty stupid quote. There's easily 10 to the 243 power billions more "size" in the universe than earth.

Well, it's a quote from the film The Ninth Configuration (1980).

Well, Well that's a pretty stupid quote. There's easily 10 to the 243 power billions more "size" in the universe than earth.