Did anyone else enjoy this? I thought it was pretty great...

Did anyone else enjoy this? I thought it was pretty great, way better than Civil Snore and Dawn of Justice in my opinion. I liked the 80s aesthetic alot. Also liked Quicksilver's little arc and the Jean, Cyclops and Nightcrawler scenes. That Wolverine sequence is worth the price of admission alone too.

Just don't see this shit in 3D though it's a waste of money. But yeah all in all its my favorite capeshit of the year so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CU9X3tvTmIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's certainly capekino.

bretty good but also had a lot more potential

It was great. It could have been better, and a few other x-men movies were better, but it didn't deserve the retarded fucking reviews it got.

i saw 3 times.
its pretty gut .

I felt that it balanced goofiness with seriousness really well. Few capeshit can do that these days.

This is the only capekino this year IMO

It's X2 tier.
way better than any capeshit we saw this year

I loved it.
But I thought it was frustrating because I can honestly say this could have been the UNDISPUTED best X-men movie if there TINY TINY things had been corrected. It honestly felt like the script was good but needed just one more proofread to make it perfect.

they rushed movie to release in summer most likely.

also tells why cgi is shit .

I think I'm the only one noticing how common the blue black and red colour scheme is becoming in film posters.

>That Wolverine sequence is worth the price of admission

What happens? Does he go pedo on teen Jean Grey?

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS

9/10 movie desu, not even meming.

Surprisingly not far off. She nearly got LOGAN'D

I went today to see it but my sister said the film was giving her a headache and she has epilepsy so I didnt want to push it and we left after 5 minutes.

$15 down the drain

:^( I'm sorry about that desu senpai.

I hope you can find time to see it soon. It's a crowd pleaser.

i would give her headache
if you know what i mean

>I think I'm the only one noticing how common the blue black and red colour scheme is becoming in film posters.
Wow you're totally right you're the only one who noticed and incredibly common and understood colour pattern

Jlaw and that GoT chick were ugly as fuck in this. Women are getting fatter and fatter.

Yes, a post-coital headache after raping her haha.

Prove it.

Blue and orange was the go to for years and years, I'm just noticing an abrupt shift this summer. Must be a reason for it.

Fox-Paid Anonymous Alert! Trying to spread word of mouth out of shilling Capeshit.

xmen are always the better marvel movies because they don't make them to sell garbage to kids. I hope fox never releases the xmen. Disney will fuck them up so hard.

The film opens on a top down helicopter shot of a desert, with narration about mutants with extreme power thinking they should rule the world. The camera then pans horizontally to reveal a pyramid, and sweeps over it to show thousands of slaves praying and chanting to a person in a tutankamun-esque masque as he proceeds toward the pyramid. He enters the pyramid with four people, who also have ornate masks. They take the masks off and the camera cuts to a view of a man's chest. A knife runs down the chest slowly but once the cut has completed it heals itself rapidly. One of the four henchman tells the main guy that this is the one they've been looking for.

After that I have no idea because we left.

>I liked the 80s aesthetic alot
It was set in the 80s? I didn't fucking noticed.

Way to go mouthbreather.

Return of the Jedi was mentioned.

I think so too.

youtu.be/CU9X3tvTmIQ
Anyone else couldn't help but think of this during the quicksilver saves the day scene?

Just came from the theater. I hadn't seen an Xmen film since X3 but this one was good. I like how the ending really set things up for later films.

8/10

What do you guys make of the post credits scene?

It was good, but not great and quite frustrating in a lot of ways.

>oh shit we need ANOTHER excuse for Magneto to turn evil, quick give him a wife and kid and kill them 10 minutes later
>let's include Jubilee and not have her even use her powers
>Angel, Storm and Psylocke have literally zero character development
>Nightcrawler looked fucking terrible, and not even in the so bad it's good way Quicksilver does
>Apocalypse looked shit and had fucking zero character development or motivation, he literally existed for nothing more than cool CGI effects
>fired the nukes into space to get rid of them when he could have just wiped the planet clean that way considering he was fucking planning to do it eventually anyway
>FUCKING JLAW AND HER SHIT ACTING
>felt like a retread of First Class's gathering of the X-Men and DoFP's ending

I felt like it just.. exists, on its own it doesn't accomplish anything the other X-Men movies have done better in the past, and at the end all I could think was 'well I can't wait until the sequel to see an X-Men movie where they're actually the X-Men doing missions and shit'.

Instead we keep getting FUCKING MAGNETO RUINING EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE BUT OH SHIT HE'S GOOD AND KILLS THE BAD GUY AND SAYS OLD FRIEND TO CHARLES HE CLEARLY WON'T REPEAT ALL THIS SHIT AGAIN.

Fuck.

>bojangles

The Essex Corporation is a lead in to Mr Sinister who manipulates Cyclops and Jean Grey to breed so that they make Cable, the most powerful mutant in the world. So with the next X-Men movie and the next Deadpool movie we could see an integrated universe which could be fun

Essex is a name commonly linked to Nathaniel Essex aka Mr Sinister, a jerkface geneticist that is obsessed with the Summers and Grey bloodlines, he believed that with careful manipulation of their ancestry they could give birth to potential THE strongest mutant on the planet.

He also dabbles in other genetic experiments, him taking Wolverine's blood might be a setup for the creation of X-23

But it fucking fits isn't it?

There barely was a 80s atesthetic

Does anyone else find this movies and days of future past cheap?

Its like both of these movies set up a huge apocalyptic scenario but only give us teasers.

It feels like they couldnt afford to go all out; kinda like the finale of a tv show.

>oh no Hydra could destroy every city on earth with these helicarriers but lol we stopped them too soon

The X-Men movies are not about action, it's about the characters.

The Sentenials were pretty high-budget imo.

At least i felt the stakes of that movie.

In these movies, it feels like they are fighting in a closed off space.

In Captain America, its a populated area. In these movies, its an abandoned stadium and ruined city.

>it's about the characters.

Then why does it feel like everyone is just playing a type of character rather than a fully fleshed one? There is never enough focus on many of them to be invested.

who /Cyclops/ here?

>He didn't notice from the hair and clothing styles, music used, cars, and pop culture references
Tell me user. Were you born after 2000?

his suit looks very cheap

It needed more Wolverine. I was much more interested in what he was doing alone out in the woods than any of the faggoty shit that happened after he left the movie.

That laser in the poster is really tacky.

why is nightcrawler such a faggot

not many people feel that way.

a lot of people agree that the characters are interesting and not 2D.

Because he sucked Singer's dick at one of his famous coke and twink parties to get the part

The only thing fully fleshed out about Jean Grey in this movie was her massive forehead.

yus

It's supposed to be. 80s brah.

Also I cannot believe they didn't kill Quicksilver.....

HEY McFLY !

Dubs confirm best character

I feel like it is just stuffed with too many characters so people get shafted. The X-Men franchise has continually suffered with this.

Hey make Hugh Jackman the star or Jennifer Lawrence. Stick everyone else in the backround with three lines despite making a big fuss of their character being in this film in all the trailers. Give them like a slither of a character.

Put some fantastic actors in it but never let them have anything at all to work with.

Can I make a period joke or is that in bad taste?

best character had the smallest role

>I liked the 80s aesthetic alot

There was no 80's aesthetic, none. It all looked 2000 as fuck. The characters didn't dress like the 80's, the scenery was contemporary and there was barely any indication that this is happening in the past. I don't get where you faggots get this idea.

>He didn't notice from the hair and clothing styles, music used, cars, and pop culture references
Yes, all 3.5 of them.
>Were you born after 2000?
1987 actually.

>>He didn't notice from the hair and clothing styles, music used, cars, and pop culture references
Not him but this film really downplayed exploring the periods aesthetic unlike First Class/DoFP

i enjoyed it thoroughly
very good pacing, and entertaining characters

To be honest Apocrolypse is the first XMen film I've seen.

Literally the only thing that made me like this movie.
They actually had development of cyclops and in the first 5 minutes hes already pushing to lead.

lets talk about erik's young daughter who could control animals

MUH ANIMES

It was okay once it got going but HOLY SHIT did it take a long ass time to get going. They could have cut out a good 45 minutes of inane horseshit they padded the first hour with and the movie would have been way more enjoyable.

was she supposed to be fox's scarlet witch?

Why though, that's a lame ass super power.
>Oh no she can control animals!
>If only we had guns to kill them or animal feed to pacify them!

>"Everyone knows that the third movie is always the worst."

you sound genuinely unpleasant to be around

This is some next level autism.

word up

lets see your version of an xman movie

oh wait they dont let basement dwellers make blockbusters

Bryan Singer basically said, "fuck everything Matthew Vaugh did, this is my movie."

And in doing so he destroyed the possibilities of alternate universes and instead gave us a shit load of coincidences

This is exactly what you nerds would have been saying if Warner Bros let Snyder release the 3 hour Batman v Superman cut theatrically first. That's how I know the ultimate it isn't gonna change a thing, because the film is still shit at its core and you really can't change that.

Yes! The CGI was disgusting when cities were being vaporized

When I saw that, i thought about all the conspiracy people

>pedo
>teen
Pick one

Kek

>the Sup Forums contrarians are now saying this was good
It was an unfocused mess. Too many characters. Too much jumping around. Too many contrivances. Too fucking long. I haven't been this bored watching capeshit since GOTG. The differing being GOTG were literal whos whom I had no prior connection to and didn't care at all about, while X-Men has been my favorite comic book property for almost 25 years.

I was an 80's kid and often forgot this was set in the 80's. It's like they were afraid to go full 80's so they downplayed everything.

She was Polaris.

He sounds genuinely correct on all accounts, and you sound intentionally idiotic.

The wolverine scene was a huge let down, what the fuck are you talking about?

They got his outfit wrong (obviously gotta show Hugh Jackmans face!) the way he acted was no different than he does in any other film/fight. They kills were tame and nothing special, just more of the same shit we saw in X2.
Even more disappointing after the brutal ancient Egypt scenes, and a few others throughout hte film.
He should have been feral, attacking like an animal, and completely out of control. There was no sense of that at all.

I thought it was okay by the previous X-Men movie's standards.
The only things that struck me as strange were how nobody seemed to have aged 15 years since First Class (was Havok 30+ by this point?) and that JLaw the fucking prima donna wouldn't put her makeup on in 90% of her screen time.
Oh, and almost no Jubilee.
And sniktbub was wearing boxers for no real reason, probably so he wouldn't be full nude in front of "teenage" Sansa.
Sansa looked fucking stupid too with her 6head. Hair and makeup should've insisted she wear her hair down more like Famke.

Actually, you know, it wasn't a great movie. It was better than X-Men 3, and that's all. Far from capekino.

>they gave him the Jim Lee costume but fucked all the colors up

Kinda hated the ending.

>Based Apocalypse fighting Magneto and Cyclops WHILE having a mind battle with Charles AND HE'S WINNING
>"oh shit this is pretty intense, I wonder how they're going to beat him-"
>Enter Jean Mary Sue Phoenix powers that somehow disable his forcefield

I dunno maybe it's explained better in the comics, but it just felt anticlimactic as hell.

Also how could he atomize those people in the smeltery in pooland, but not the mutants attacking/betraying him?
Oh and as he collected his 4 "horsemen", why Angel and Psylocke? Compared to Magneto and Storm they are hilariously underpowered.

Furthermore why can Psylockes psychic blade and leash cut through stone etc, but not through the beasts neck?

Can any comic nerds answer those questions for me?

Better than Deadpool desu

Not gonna lie I got pretty hyped when I seen the blue and yellow.

Please fucking let the next movie be Cyclop/Jean/Jubilee/Quicksilver banter time.

she must have had surgery at some point

I wasn't really planning on seeing this but I got a regal giftcard my dad won in a raffle, I liked DeadPool is this as good as DP?

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS

Agreed. It's the weakest of the new trilogy, but I thought it was pretty solid, still. Didn't deserve such bad reviews at all.

Why didn't you ask for a refund if you really left only 5 min into it?

What third world shit hole do you live in that wouldn't refund you?

Why the fuck did they have to make prof x go bald in the end
Like who fucking cared how he lost his hair, it was just such a dumb hollywood hurr we need to explain it thing

It's the same way they had to show Sheev turning into old Sheev in ROTS. They should have had him starting to lose his hair in DOFP instead of being a hippie.

>YFW Apocalypse is better than every MCU villian except Loki
>very few critics mention how fucking scary Apoc was or give the movie credit
>critics have been trained to ignore villians by the MCU

X-Men has