How do I fix my sleeping pattern? I struggle to wake up earlier than 2 pm, usually falling asleep around 4-6 am...

How do I fix my sleeping pattern? I struggle to wake up earlier than 2 pm, usually falling asleep around 4-6 am. I basically wake up, go to work, then stay up all night. How do I fix this? Every time I try to wake up earlier I either can't or I'm ridiculously tired. I use to wake up at 8am for three months, not once did I get use to it.

Sounds like your fucked :)

You're nocturnal, user. Don't fight it.

The problem is I have a class next week starting at 930, so I need to wake up by at least 8. Plus its very lonely at night and frankly I'm tired of being up all the time and wasting away the day. If I were a trucker or lived in NYC then ya I wouldn't care

fap and eat just before sleeping. helped me alot.

bump, this is literally me too OP

Go for a run with a heavy pack after work till 9pm, you'll have no trouble sleeping

just dont go to sleep for one day
you will fall asleep easily at noon and wake up early
you acually dont even miss anything because you can do all the shit you do late at night early in the morning aswell

Bump i'm struggling aswell
right now can't sleep

I already tried that multiple times, eventually I fall back into the same pattern

itll be easier to do it now rather than forcing yourself to do it next week by having to stay up all night.

>No getting in bed at all until you are exhausted and ready to crash. No watching tv or browing the internet etc. in bed.

>Force yourself to get up early, get a lot of shit done. Wear yourself out, take a nyquil an hour before your desired bedtime if you need.

>Get quality sleep, buy new pillows, keep it dark and quiet and cool.

>Have something to look forward to in the morning, buy more expensive coffee, or a favorite breakfast food that you only allow yourself to eat in the morning.

>When you do get up, if groggy, immediately hit the floor and do a couple of pushups and situps.

This will become habit eventually and you will feel great.

well im pretty much the same

the thing that prevents you from falling back into that pattern is a job, or some other regular activity that gives you some daily routine

Its like I said I use to get up at 8am almost daily for a job, it was still hard and I never got use to it. Went to work late as hell almost every time, eventually I had to make up an excuse to being late everyday. Now I'm back to waking up in the afternoon again

I feel your pain.

I'm a trucker, and I usually wake up around 4pm.
All nighters don't fix it either.

How much do you make as a trucker, and is it worth it?

43k, it's worth it if you enjoy it. I love it. I'll be making more soon.

This is relevant to me.
I take sleeping pills but the day I stop I'm back to no sleep.

If you don't have a wife or kids, or anything holding you back, get your license and hit the road. There's plenty of money to be made... the main problems are back issues, high blood pressure, aches and pains.... just take care of your body and it will take care of you.

Honesty I'm considering it, especially now that my license is clean. The only thing is that I don't want to be on the road 24/7 and have no personal time. Plus in nj 43k isn't much but doable, or does it vary state to state?

If you get with a local company you wont be on the road 24/7. You can find 8 hour driving jobs. It will vary from state to state, and it also depends on what you're hauling.. gas pays well but you're tugging a bomb. You can probably find a mail shuttle, or groceries.. anything dry van. Regional routes will keep you "close". But most of those are cpm... just have to research and find the right spot

Just know that having experience helps a great deal. If you get 2-3 years with any company, safe driving, you'll be set for whatever job you want

The most basic one (and difficult) is to practice so called sleeping hygiene(look in medical association websites), followed by supplementation of melatonin. Tranquilizers can only get you addicted and sleepy during the day.
Then again, if your working schedule makes it possible to function like this and staying awake during the day for the sake of it, then it doesn't seem like you need to do it.