youtube.com/watch?v=w8o-5_Mx_f4
youtu.be/w8o-5_Mx_f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Living life as a machine.

yes i am a psychopath so you should keep your distance

not trying to be edgy or anything, but life is honestly pretty hollow

Hiya scum

I embrace the scum of the earth!

Hey. You know that feeling when you see something happen to a person and you empathise with them. Must suck not to be capable of that

Hnnggg why must you hurt me user

on a serious note, it's a pretty good deal not having to feel pain for no reason just because another person feels it, although I likewise dont feel their joy

God dammit, shut your shithole you vile monster

cmon over to the scum side user

itt: 14 year olds

Nice double dubs. Sorry Sup Forumsro. Didn't mean to hurt your feels

It's similar to what a humanoid feels watching a dog or cat have some kind of experience. You might like them. Be mildly entertained by them. But you're not one of them.

Who says I'm not already the worst scum of the earth?

The law of probability.

its too bad that these threads will attract condescending faggots

What up

I feel the cancer forming within me

Do Sociopaths count?

Apparently, as is the case with many things discussed here in this place, a significant number of people are completely misinformed. I wonder how few actually understand what it means to be a psychopath.

yeah, theyre almost the same thing

and honestly Im one but used psychopath since its a more common word

99% percent of self proclaimed psychopaths on the internet just sound slightly autistic. Zero social awareness.

Near perfect timing.

No. Get a life.

Aww. I should thank that funny fella in the clouds.

well I cant help that Im self agrandized

I mean... I am pretty awesome

its why I only do this on Sup Forums where I can remain anonymous

A true psychopath has MORE social awareness. He doesn't experience the things you do so he must study others his entire life to even remotely fit in. The psychopath watches, studies and gains a profound awareness of the little things humanoids just do instinctively.

from what I understand, the only difference is that people are born psychopaths, where as sociopaths are created during a fucked up childhood.

Also Im pretty sure that sociopaths have a little more emotion

Or a not so fucked up childhood. My childhood was just fine.

Both are both from birth. They are synonymous terms although some may nitpick. Some confuse the matter further with how the psychosis manifests itself.

did you at one point posses empathy? If so, I have no idea what would cause that change.

Psychopaths have emotion. They do not have the same emotions, under the same conditions, that humanoids do.

I used to be a normal person, but after some fucked up and abusive experiences from my parents, I became numb. At this point I only experience two emotions: satisfaction, and frustration

Yeah that's pretty accurate.

Hi everyone. I think I'm one - but it's confusing. The definition of psychopathy includes not feeling anything, including empathy, but I CAN. It's like, it's whether or not I WANT to. Does this make sense?

Certain psychopaths have an empathy-switch, so I would define you as one. I myself have a difficult time turning them back on if they return.

I fucked that sentence up, I have a hard time turning emotions back on, and sometimes they slowly return.

That's a psychological condition but not psychopathy. Perhaps depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome or something of that nature.

For those not clear on psychopathy and what it means to be a psychopath / sociopath, this will help you understand.

youtube.com/watch?v=w8o-5_Mx_f4

It seems like the definition is changed every month. Im familiar with people with a fucked childhood just being called sociopaths.

dude, i want to fucking strangle you. this shit is so annoying. what the fuck are we even arguing about? im drunk, im watching parks and rec, and monitoring ops jackassery. get the fuck off my case

You are confusing "feeling anything" with empathy. Psychopaths feel. Psychopaths do not have the INSTINCT to feel emotions in the same manner as the majority of humanoids.

Which one is evolved and which one has a disorder is up for debate.

That's because people throw words around regardless of whether they understand what they're saying.

I wish I had a SOLID 100% accurate source, but it's impossible, since everyone has their own opinion to throw into the telephone-communication type of source.

I would think that every person with ASPD is on a spectrum in terms of severity. There can be multiple causes (genetic or trauma). And narcissism can play a role depending on how narcissistic the individual is.

I posted a solid source 5 minutes ago. Here it is again.

youtu.be/w8o-5_Mx_f4

And, to elaborate on the previous point, having a chaotic life experience that would lead others to consider you more likely to be harmful to society.....doesn't make you a sociopath. Aka psychopath. Psychopathy is genetic. You're born with it. There is no cure. Now chaos in your life can make it worse, but it does not cause psychopathy.

Hmmm, interesting. I can do mine at will though. It's as you say, a switch. On and off. Maybe I'm not a psychopath after all, if I can do it so... easily.

So what does this mean for me?

Yeah, Ive been listening to it, but why would we need the word sociopath to exist if it's a synonym?

Narcissism is a primary character trait for psychopaths.

also, It seems that I possess every single trait that would classify me as a psychopath, except I wasnt born with these traits.

What it means for you?

1.. You're not a psychopath
2. You should see a psychiatrist who will diagnose what, if any, condition you may have and administer treatment which will include therapy and prescription medications

yeah, so they can fit you in your little box, and keep you conformed

You're not the same guy, are you? That is some terrible advice.

We don't need it. We also don't need the word car since we could get by with automobile. But people like to use "sociopath" when talking about the cases where the manifestation of psychosis is profoundly anti-social. Serial killers and megalomaniacs are examples.

thanks

Well if we dont need it, we could repurpose it to define unnamed individuals like me created from trauma. Since Im similar but not the same as a psychopath, the word sociopath would be fitting.

Precisely. If you have a severe psychological condition...even though it's not psychopathy...you may need to be sedated to a degree that correlates to how much of a potential danger you would otherwise be to yourself and those around you. If your condition isn't as serious, you require less.

It would also make sense since my condition is caused socially (from other people during development).

How exactly are you "similar but not the same"? Do you know enough to elaborate?

I would say that the thought of imprisonment and years of boredom are enough to keep me at bay.

I'm perfectly well at the moment, thanks very much.

Well, he asked. And your assessment is subjective. I'm fine with your sharing it but that's your opinion. i will note that I'm not a psychiatrist, and I didn't present myself as one, so I'm not in the business of providing the service of diagnosing others.

Im basically the same as a psychopath, but my condition has different causes. (I have extreme ego, enjoy manipulation, feel distorted and short-lived emotions etc.) Except I wasn't born as I am now.

>And your assessment is subjective.

As is yours. You seemed very sure of yourself, which could misled him into thinking you're an authority on the subject. Since we're in this thread this is hardly surprising, but do keep your ill-thought-out advice to yourself if it could prove detrimental.

No. We have an abundance of words. If you genuinely have a legitimate psychological condition you'll find there is a word for it already. If for whatever reason you just like the term "sociopath" just recognize it's a state of being. It's not a fashion statement or marketing something you went through with a cool word.

Alright, I will refer to myself as a psychopath then, if the cause doesnt matter in defining us.

Not a psycho but a sociopath reporting in.

And I dont care about fashion bullshit, Im just entirely interested in making my job of learning about psychology easier.

And now that I think about it, from experience, people who receive ASPD through childhood seem to have different behaviors, so I believe a different word would be very helpful.

Ayy my fellow machinery.

life is hollow, sometimes I wonder if being pic related is worth it

Absolutely. Much of what I've shared here is opinion. But there's also fact from research and personal experience. And while I respect your opinion and I am thoughtful about points I make, I completely disagree with your feeling on my advice or me giving it. I'm not seeking out that opportunity but, if asked, I reserve the right to make a point.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact that this is Sup Forums and if one's expectation is to receive the best, soundest advice available....they're in the wrong place. Of all the things said here, my remarks are the least of anyone's worries.

Again, I respect your view on therapy or whatever specifically you disagree with me about. I'm not upset. I am simply standing my ground, which is both fair and reasonable.

No, that's not the word either. Psychopaths are not created from trauma. It's a genetic condition one has from birth.

It seems that the most up to date definitions would define me as a sociopath anyway.

>this is Sup Forums and if one's expectation is to receive the best, soundest advice available....they're in the wrong place.

Generally I would agree with you, but where else CAN people like us talk about such things openly? I speak of the anonymity, coupled with (I think) a high percentage of our kind congregating here.

ITT: Everyone tries to prove that they are a psychopath

Checked

Now, it would seem that Im edgy, but... doesnt it strike you as abnormal that I could watch my parents burn alive and not feel anything? So as any other person I try to figure out what the fuck is wrong with me.

Whatever. I've made the point about the terminology. I also feel that I define my condition, not the other way around.

Thats a good point, be your own person and all. But I find having a word for my problems and conditions helps me to learn what created the problem and find others with it.

Again, I agree with you. But that means I also CAN talk openly. I also said he should see a professional for a real diagnosis. I don't see any problem with that. And the individual I was addressing can also draw from your comments here as well as all the rest. They can also see a psychiatrist one time and decide they want to believe that's all nonsense and disregard it too.

They want the word. They don't actually want the experience. But they don't realize that so let's cut them a break.

Depression, extreme boredom, everlasting hollowness, and the inability to form meaningful connections all come with the package, but I cant change any of this about myself, so why not let me have a thread where I can find similar people to me.

That's your call. Just note that embracing a label for oneself can have a strong influence on the reality you experience and be a detriment to your overall mental health in this case.

Im glad that youre covering the other side of certain ideas. It allows to me thoroughly think of every aspect.

Depression is a clinical term for a genuine psychological condition. Boredom is not. Hollowness is another perspective on depression and not a separate issue. Inability to form meaningful connections can accompany legitimate psychological conditions but it can also exist where there's no psychological condition at all.

Why not let you have a thread? I'm all for you having a thread and didn't say otherwise. And to the extent you can find others like you, that's great too. Note, however, the people like you will not be psychopaths. With zero judgement, if you're doing a thread to meet those similar it seems lie it might be more appropriate to have it be a thread on depression and childhood abuse from what you shared.

thread is reddit class self diagnosed

Those were only the negatives since thats what you were talking about, but what does lack of empathy, being great at lying, and having fucked emotions say about me? Sounds like it fills the criteria to me.

Well, that's a good attitude to have but you'll still miss some aspects. That's why I said anyone who seriously thinks they may have a psychological condition should also consult with a health care professional for advice as well. That will increase your chances of thinking of "every aspect."

I should also add, those are the only traits that immediatately come to mind. Ive put some thought into this and believe this is where my problem lies.

am a sociopath but I dont go around murdering people and stuff....

Eh, I'd rather not be put down in the system as "crazy motherfucker who needs to be watched and medicated".

Get any good manipulation lately?

I don't think you understand. Our lives come up to nothing but one big game of manipulation.

ITT: normie faggots enter our thread and try to put us down

shit Im manipulating you right now!

Give me money faggot

NoooOOOooooo I should've never come to this thread. Take it all

i'M a PsYcHo ToO xD

I love how we all have similar humor.

rawr
lololollloololol
jkjkjkjkjkjkjkkjj
fuck me

That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be to note that you're predisposed to see some of those traits in yourself because you're aware of a few basic traits of psychopaths. In other words, maybe you want to see yourself as a psychopath because at least it's better to have a word for your experience. Even if it's the wrong word maybe.

But how do you define "empathy"? How much empathy to you think a "normal person" has? And what's your criteria for being a great liar? Is it that you don't mind lying? Is it that you think your lies are very effective? If it's the latter of the two, are you REALLY sure that your lies are effective or is it possible you could be fooling yourself? All valid considerations.

And "fucked up emotions" isn't necessarily part of a diagnosed condition. Maybe it's anxiety? That's a diagnosis. They have prescriptions to help people manage it too.

Frankly, I believe at the moment you're beginning with the end in mind . You have a preconceived idea of what your condition must be but you're somewhat blind to the points that may indicate otherwise. And, lastly, you have not sought out a diagnosis from a qualified professional.

Those are the kinds of considerations that distinguish the difference between dealing with a legitimate psychological condition as opposed to being frustrated with your life, past or present, and wanting to vent. If the latter is the case, that's fine too. Let's just not fool ourselves as to which it is.