What's wrong with using studio monitors for casual listening...

What's wrong with using studio monitors for casual listening? I use pic related and according to you guys that makes me retarded. Explain.

Nah, they're good. I´m currently using my ATH-M30x

No, studio monitors are best for casual listening as well. It's the job of every mastering engineer to make sure you don't have to compensate with imbalanced headphones. Anyone claiming you should purposefully work against that is a moron.

Enjoy your clinical, sterile sound friend.

They sound like shit.

But studio monitors (at least those ones) are imbalanced. They're extremely top-heavy and it muddies the lower frequencies as well as causes ear fatigue.

>listening to a pile of digitally distorted wank
Enjoy your muddy "PHET BASS" on your Solo HDs.

Studio headphones are flat freq. devices, for hearing the minute differences when you mix tracks. Not for the final result listening experience, where the speakers are designed to be pleasant sounding, instead of flat and bland.

There are plenty of Non-studio monitor headphones that aren't Beats you fucking moron.

Incidentally they're all inferior imitations of Beats.

So Sennheiser HD800s, HiFiMans and Audeze headphones are all inferior Beats imitators, right.

Its all fucking preference

Jesus christ you fucking autists, just listen to the damn music, who gives a fuck

They're studio monitors though.

No they're not.

>Studio headphones are flat freq.

couldn't you just use an equalizer?

>Incidentally they're all inferior imitations of Beats.

AHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAA

Beats are fucking trash

The cords usually too long, and it messes up my hair. It's better just to buy the most expensive pair of earbuds and superglue a portable amp behind your phone for top audiofile quality

nothing really, but you will definitely have a richer sound with a good hifi system instead.

Will try this thx

Sure. Gr8 b8 m8

literally nothing.
They help you listen to music as it was intended to be listened to.
And if you really are used to listening to some other eq profile than flat, you can always slightly eq them.