Are you?

probably none
vegans belong on reddit

you mispelled RETARD, bro...

tumblr*

How come you aren't vegans?

because i don't eat the food of my food

kys OP

Vegans are so 2003, it's not bait anymore for years...now it's all about muslims

See no reason.
Meat tastes good.

But theoretically speaking, shouldn't we as a society aim to minimize the injury and damage we make towards others? It is not a secret that eating meat is directly harming others.

Because I enjoy happiness in my life instead of suffering just for the sake of a high horse.

no

plants are living organisms too, they have genes, they avoid damage as good as possible, they reproduce sexually, stop lying to yourself

even if I gave up beef, most other animal products are still good
>eggs
>bacon
>chicken
>turkey
and even then steak is good stuff
I do primarily eat vegetables though just because they're cheaper

>others
animals are not people, especially so for animals born and raised for slaughter

Veg man here

Isn't it pretty counter-intuitive to compare the suffering of an animal to the suffering of a plant? Don't joke yourself, but I get your point.

we should be moving towards curing the problems eating meat cause and smoking and all that stuff instead of telling people what they should do

Well the primary goal wouldn't neccesarily be to remove all sorts of animal products, just to decrease the consumption of them.

But but but if eating meat IS a problem
How isn't NOT eating it a solution?

Are you completely sure that happiness is unreachable without the consumption of meat?

suffering. again you lie to yourself. animals FEEL pain, yes, but they lack the ability to contemplate their own situation in the context of the surrounding circumstances, which means that they are not able to actually suffer like a human being is

serious question for the vegans, Do you find that you spend less money than when you consume meat or veggies plus vitamins ends up balancing out to the same spending
>inb4 found the jew

if it causes problems to your health we should cure those problems. if it causes no problems to the individuals health then there is no problem

Im vegan. By the way Im vegan

I guess that depends on your view of who is included within "individual". Some include animals, and they are with no doubt harmed.

I agree with that, primarily because meat production is extremely inefficient

if you picked just anyone off the street and told them they got a free salad or a free steak, how many do you think would choose the steak?

>spot the vegan meme
pic related

I'm a vegan. Not a preachy one though. I use to give vegans a bad time until I started dating one who convinced me to give it a shot. It's definitely a great lifestyle choice. Much cheaper, and also great for the environment. I still eat meat and animal products occasionally if know it's been produced in an environmentally friendly way, and not mass produced.

Vegan here, it depends on what I eat. There are plenty of substitutes for meat (soymeat etc) which can be quite expensive. However, most food you make yourself, with lenses, chickpeas or beans as bases can be incredibly cheap.

lab meat is developing nicely, I think in 5-10 years we will have lab grown juicy red meat available, and in another 25 years we won't even question eating lab meat as opposed to factory farmed meat

I'm veganish. I've cut out meat/fish completely but I still occasionally have dairy products like cheese or sometimes lactic acids or other bi products because I live in butt fuck nowhere and there's few places to go out and eat so when I do go out I won't deny myself something I like every now and then.

This is more for environmental reasons more than anything, even if ultimately they don't make perfect sense weighed against the issues with soy agriculture.

I'm not militant, defensive or vocal in anyway about my diet. For a long time I outright hated vegans and veganism in general until I started seeing documentaries about the enviromental issues with agriculture.

I don't oppose game hunting when it's regulated, nor do I oppose meat eating in general, and I am in support of the consumption of insects. If I could find a steady and reliable source of insect based proteins I would likely at the very least try it out for a while.

Obviously I don't see the consumption of meat as unnatural or immoral, just unsustainable.

I think most people would choose the free steak, but I don't see how that equates happiness.

from where you vegans get Vitamin B12 from?

>cheaper
Except for all those supplements you have to take to stay healthy. and nowhere is organic food less expensive than non organic food.

Very likely

It contributes to the overall joy from life.

Whenever I travel I sample local cuisine, be it springbok in South Africa or puffin breasts and Minke whale steak in Iceland.

As a vegan, I can promise that there is not a bunch of supplements to buy, I think that has been excessed. However, it may be for some.

Pretty much, have been cutting down from beeing a vegetarian for a few years now.
Im eating like a vegan now and have done so for a while but i feel i cant really call myself one until im entirely certain i wont "cheat".

Im vegan
Best thing i ever did
I actually feel good every day and ive only been sick once in 2 years

Same place malnourished meat-eaters get theirs.

I had the wrong idea with that one

If you took someone out to dinner because they were feeling sad or depressed, what do you think they would order?

I'm not one to deny that you can make a pretty damn good salad, but I wouldn't feel very excited about looking forward to one after a long day of work.

Eh the supplement thing is kinda of a myth. Plus if you workout, you're probably already taking the required supplements. I also grow a majority of my own food.

It's a little silly to have to take supplements just to eat a certain way

which is what?

Oh I get your point. But it can as well be argued that we have taught ourselves that we find happiness in that kind of meat. I know I have once comforted myself in meat in sadness.

However, even if I do understand your scenario, it creates a false dichotomy. Vegan food does not eqaul salad. There are fantastic substitutes which can taste extremely well, even close to steak.

how do you know that this is solely because of being vegan?

I'm vegan, and I disagree.

Altruism is fine, but not natural. Good for you for having your beliefs and sticking to them, but you shouldn't try to force them on others based on altruism.

The simple reality is that some animals are evolutionary predestined to be food for others. The problem with this reality is that somewhere in the past 150 years, humankind severely fucked up and moved beyond the point of being an apex predator. Never before has an apex predator numbered 7 billion and counting, nor has one ever grown to the social or technological point we have, that it requires mass industrialization of its food sources to survive. We've outgrow our hunting grounds, and traded necessity for pleasure.

That's the only real problem with meat. Nothing else.

I spend way less.
I dont buy fancy expensive vegan stuff though.
Dried soy-"meat" in bulk (20 kg dried lasts like 2 years and is about 80-100 euro), lenses, beans and whatnot.
I spend maybe 5-10 minutes more to create food (maximum) and save shitloads.
Only vitamins i need are b12 which is not that expensive.

lol, if you want a taste close to steak, then for fucks sake eat a god damn steak

You don't. I know vegans who don't take supplements and it's fine for them.

Local pharmacies.

The word your looking for is vegetarian. Dumb fuck.

faggots? like thousands

In the latest UN report the largest contributor to greenhouse gas build up was the raising of livestock.

Why don't we hear about this?
Because the meat industry is one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the world.

In fact, even if we literally reduced all other contributors (fossil fuels etc) to absolute zero, we would still destroy the earth relatively soon.

A good documentary on this is cowspiracy which you can find on netflix and youtube.

We're literally going to wipe out life on earth for something as trivial as our tastebuds and money. We deserve it I guess.

faggot.
your family is just too poor to buy meat.

>Vegan food does not eqaul salad.
I know, it's just a easy thing to say, compared to whatever abominations people make with tofu

Good point, but then we're back at square one. I don't eat steak because it is unhealthy, unsustainable and unethical. Not because I dislike the taste of it.

worth it TBH

>eat meat
>get sick every few months
>stop eating meat while every other factor in my life stays the same
>stop getting sick
???
>logical conclusion

We have it coming.

While only morons argue semantics, I will endure you.

I'm aware of that, but ultimately I stick to a vegan diet. Just very occasionally I stray from it. Because of this I identify as veganish.

Veganism is fucking stupid.

You're competing against other neurologies utilizing pragmatic heuristics that deal with levels of valuation other than morality.

Your morality for animals is useless if the people, without your valuation, are in control. Therefore being in control IS morality for a neurological entity seeking to instantiate a moral-aesthetic vision.

aka lift weights, eat the shit out of meat and fats, and bully the fuck out of fucktards who don't deserve positions of power.

Vegan diets are often at times more expensive, depending on what you're buying you silly nigger.

you could've tried eating DIFFERENT meat, not the supermarket shit you were used to eating

Vegans ALWAYS have an agenda and are extremely militant about it. They can't leave it at simply, "oh, thanks for asking, it's my diet choice". (Notice how we don't ask yet they push it on us anyway.)
Yes, meat it's fucking tasty and no, it does not cause cancer. That is dumb and untrue propaganda.
Fyi, I absolutely love veal. I would totally eat a veal sandwich in front of a vegan but I don't have a burning need to tell them about it.

>unhealthy
wrong
>unsustainable
wrong
>unethical
relative

>being in control is morality
Can you say that in german with your right arm raised?

>I use babbys first big words to hide the fact that my post has no substance

It's simply too much effort. I don't have the time or patience to try and find replacements for meat or products containing animal derivatives.

I don't want to have to check the ingredients of every single thing i pick up off a supermarket shelf, i don't want to phone 12 different pizza places just to find one that offers soy cheese (or whatever the fuck they use instead of cheese), i don't want to be the dick in starbucks who asks for soy milk or who has to pay 5 times the price for a carton of it just because i drink tea and i don't want to have to check totally innocuous shit like shampoo for animal derivatives because there is a LOT of shit that contains something that came from an animal.

Meat is cheap, tasty, easy to find, easy to cook and so versatile.

Not that many supplements you need (only one i know of if you eat properly).
Most vegans are probably a lot healtier than the average meat-eater as they have to be more conscious with what they eat.
I eat a lot more healthy now than when i ate meat, back then i figured you only need proteins / carbon hydrates and thats it. Most meat eaters i know still eat like this.

My point is, being a vegan is a bit of a hassle in the beginning but once you get used to it (which goes surprisingly fast) its not.
Everyone should eat whatever they want, i just kinda dislike how "meat-eaters" in general have so many wrong assumptions about veganism/vegetarianism. (my grandparents basically believe i live on only salad)

Did you even read a single word I wrote, or were you too busy checking your thesaurus for ten dollar words to help compensate or your stupidity?

Nowhere did I say it was based on morality.

I believe that omnivorous diets are entirely natural and beneficial to human health.

But, at this point in time, the international meat agricultural industry is unsustainable in the long term.

The unhealthyness is debatable, that I can agree upon. It's also debatable if it's unethical, but it is unsustainable in most cases. Not the least for humanity.

I love this argument because it assumes a few things about the person your arguing with.

1. Access and funds for locally sourced/organic/ethically raised meat

2. That it invalidates the argument for reducing meat consumption despite the fact that 90% if not more of the meat consumed is from large scale producers that sell to supermarkets

But at the same time, you have to have sympathy for them. They discovered something they feel is truthful, why wouldn't you want to tell people about it. Same thing with foil hats.

>eat meat all the time
>rarely wash hands
>never get sick
git gud

>it does not cause cancer.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoking_(cooking)
>Smoking of food is known to contaminate the food with carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
not in some ways

I like eating animals too much

>drinks tea with milk
faggot

Gee i wonder where all this stigma about vegetarianism came from :^)

Definitely not shalom goldstein who owns le cheap bloody meat good goy kill shop

Stay asleep plebs, enjoy your cancer tbh

I only tell people im a vegan if asked or if someone offers me food and i have to ask if it is vegan so i know if i can eat it.
You probably met shitloads of vegans without knowing it.

As a vegan, I sincerely hope this is true. I miss Taco Bell.

mediterranean diet master race reporting in

I eat predominantely plant based foots, organic eggs and fish

It is true, amazing progress is being made.

Humans have always eaten meat, and always will eat meat. Vegans and vegetarians impact on that fact is like pissing into the ocean

and that still doesn't say anything about why veganism should be fundamentally better, LOL

This right here is why europe is healthy and attractive and america is fat and stupid.

Not really. It took awhile into the human evolution to be able to create tools and weapons. Until then we presumably ate berries, fruits or other plants.

fuck off, brainwashed sheep

>being healthy isn't fundamentally better
The thing about knowing what you're talking about is that you also know when the other person doesn't.

Might be time for that 10 second google search homie.

you don't need tools and weapons to kill small animals, fool

Are you one of these people who thinks we were never meant to eat meat?

I suppose you better stay away from grains too if that's the case

kek, this bullshit about being healthy again, it's perfectly possible in a non vegan diet, you fucking plant nigger

Hunting your own meat when you were lucky enough to catch it. Living sustainably off the land.

Vs

Rolling up to walmart in your motorscooter and buying a plastic wrapped freezer full of hormone pumped, anemic cattle mass produced on a metal slaughterhouse production line.

Such comparable much natural

>major cancer risk

what the fuck is major about it, fuck man there's a chance I'll get cancer when im 70, better maintain a life of eating cashews for protein instead

Vegan here

And that foil hats are such a wonderful fashion choice. Not only do they look good, they protect you from the cancer of xenu.

Because everything from Wikipedia is fact. Yup.

Not really, I just want to call bullshit out. I'm not disagreeing upon the fact that we have ate meat for a long time.

no, if you think this you should've been wiped out by natural selection eons ago

because 1 lb of plants is just as nutritious as 1 lb of meat, sound logic

20% of worlds population comes from meat produtction

Burgers give me life