When I breathe i get a shooting pain near my shoulder...

When I breathe i get a shooting pain near my shoulder...if I try breathe in deep then it hurts the whole left side of my chest.

It's been about 3 days and feels like it's starting to get worse, more painful and moving about hurts a bit now. I don't like going to doctors unless I have to so asking all your dumb faggoty opinions.

yoy have health insurance?

bumping thread because i have the same problem.
i smoke and drink heavily, do you?

>I don't like going to doctors

ok well have fun dying then

If so go to the doctor and get the fuck of Sup Forums before you die

3 days, it's nothing life threatening then. May be your back, I had an accident, arms and legs sore as fuck, neck and face unbearable, fucked nerves in my lower spine, No back pain though.

Go to the doctor you stupid faggot.

I used to be the same way but doctors are paid to make sure you live most people don't get that on this mud ball we call a planet go get better user

Sounds like a Torn Pectoral, or Ligament damage, consult a Physio.

The symptoms you describe indicate a respiratory infection. If you experience a rattle in your chest when breathing, go to the doctor. I would prescribe Amoxycillin for a week.

Wait one or two days longer and if it doesn't get better, definitely go see a doctor!

Had same problem, but I wouldn't say pain was "shooting". Went to doctor, says: "Not cancer; rib dislocated and poking into lung" Relieved I guess. But go to a doctor anyway - Now!

He's right. A pain in that area is nothing to put aside...

I do smoke a lot of bud everyday but never had this pain before...also it was my 22nd birthday on thursday so have had a few drinks last couple days

At 22, drinking, and doing drugs shouldn't be a problem. Unless you are a junkie, and even then at 22 your body recovers fucking very well.

What is the level of pain, from "this is rather uncomfortable, but not too bad" or "I'll would kill my own mother, if this pain would go away, except I can't move because I'm lying on the floor crying please help me"

Medfag here:

Do you have breathing problems? I mean not getting enough air? Or just pain while deep inhaling?

If you're old it could be pulmonary embolism or cancer or and that's the most likely the same as young people have: muscular dysbalance, or overall muscular pain.

If it consist for longer than a week, see a doctor. If you get a fever or coughing, see a doctor.

If you're old, see a doctor.

I can feel it all the time but if I keep my breathing shallow its bearable. When I try and breathe in hard it hurts too much to be able to breathe in completely...it's starting to impact my bong smoking routine.

I also want benzos and opioids.

muscle in spasm.
get a tens machine to relax it. in the meantime press the painful area firmly with a couple of fingers.
once you've identified the muscle knot massage it firmly with those same two fingers.

Don't we all.

What is the specific location of the pain?

If it's a muscle in spasm why does the pain spread out when I breathe in deeper?

Behind the shoulder blade but when I breathe in deep the pain spreads to whole left side of my chest.

because when you breath the muscle is 'knotted' and doesn't move as it should.

do you have anything to lose by following my suggestion whilst you're sat on your ass staring at your scree?

Dude i know i have nothing to lose i was asking out of genuine interest. I'm trying what you said and pressing on the bit that hurts massaging it a bit and it does feel better. Hopefully a muscle problem and nothing serious like my lungs getting all cancerous!

hope it helps.
apply the pressure firmly even if it feels uncomfortable. the point of the pressure massage is to identify the seat of the pain and give temporary relief.