84% of the population worldwide is religions. How can this many people be tricked...

84% of the population worldwide is religions. How can this many people be tricked? I personally believe this is due to low scientific literacy percentage. If people were actually educated, they would understand that there is no god in any way, shape or form. Obviously belief is something on based on evidence, but it is still something that we invented, and we had the choice to believe in or not.

We have the choice to believe or not
>Chooses to believe

>there is no god in any way

We can't know this.

Another self-righteous Atheist post.

But wouldn't it be better to rely on facts then on pure guesswork?

What if god created science?
Like ok big bang started it. What started big bang? Maybe a overworldy force, something that can be called a god?

What is destiny? Gods Plan?

Why do the natural konstants have those values? Someone(God) tuned it?

I also heard of the possibility of a pretty strong storm at quite a shallow sea, around 10-15k years ago... Sounds familiar? Moses crossing the sea like a fucking boss?

Science cant negate Religion, Religion cant negate Science

16% of the population worldwide isn't religious. How can this many people be tricked? I personally believe this is due to low scientific literacy percentage. If people were actually educated, they would understand that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is his messenger.

Check m8

Just because there is not god does not merit instant faith in him. Do not be a fool.

cancer boss

Tldr God rulz

You do realize 90% of turban wearers are sikhs? Right?....... Right?

Belief is different from faith

>84% of the population worldwide is religions.

If this was an argument about Global Warming you would say that it was settled science with that many people believing it.

What you should be asking is what do 84% of people know that you don't?

No, people say that climate change is settled science because 90% of relevant scientists agree.
Random peoples opinions are irrelevant in scientific discussions. Religion on the other hand doesn't have basis in science.
Your argument is flawed, there isn't any comparison between religion and climate change

HOW DARE YOU?

people are stupid in general, do not use religion as a means to pretend you are better

Jesus is one true God

hurr durr
couple of payed faggot scientists promoting the climate change narative... oh wait wasnt the trigger word global warming not to long ago now its all bout that climate change boiii...

You guys realize climate change has been going on on this planet since... as long as this planet has had climate? It has gotten hotter, it has gotten colder. It has been fluctuating forever and it will continue to change and change.

this..
even in the middle ages there was a faze of a massive global warming which passed over..

yeah them horse carts were realising alot of carbon dioxide

They can't negate until you get enough information for them to negate or lead to the answer. Basically: your solution only works with sufficient ignorance.

Speaking of sufficient ignorance your post has it.

> 84% of the population worldwide is religions.

84% of the world's population is dumber than a bag of potatoes.

You are also scientifically ignorant. These changes occur within a range unless a major event triggered them. They the changes go out of range. Right now we are seeing an out of range change with heat... Which is more prevalent at the poles of the earth. Since it falls out of trends we must look at what could cause the trigger. All evidence points to us. Scientists worry about a tipping point where things are irreversible. You can look up why that point exists. A lot of stuff anons say on here stems from poor scientific literacy.

Yeah, because the ice age was definitely within this happy range your'e talking about

>You are also scientifically ignorant.
Pot, meet kettle.

Ice age was caused by a trigger. Again. Read. Take an ecology course.

Also: heat has a different tipping point than cold and is harder to reverse.

84% of personal testimonies doesn't make a "scientist" curious? Seriously?

If 84% of the worlds people would swear to seeing a flying saucer ya'll "Scientists" would be screaming for Federal funding to investigate.

Like I said before, what you should be asking is what 84% of people know that you don't

I'm off to work. Peace.

My input, don't be like that fag who said ice age and felt smug. He clearly never picked up a book on the matter in his life. He's basically Donald Trump. Most questions people have can be answered by undergraduate students/ seniors in each field. Pretty much everything ITT could be.

fair point

eat a dick,

also checked

And lets not forget that a lot of those same scientists were predicting another Ice Age, just around the corner after the Blizzard of 78

Godless internet nerds kill theirselves more often. Maybe there would be more of us if we didnt keep killing ourselves. Also, we probably need more females to keep the stock.

You are so ahead of your time OP,im glad there are young people like you on Sup Forums.Talk about thinking outside the box,man

the only beef i have with god is that instead of sending holly books from the heaven he could have send hologram box or VR videos who reads book these days

dont forget mechanical keyboards

and why he killed all dinos and kept it secret in all his books.

I have an IQ of 168, mensa scored me 160, I'm a catholic. I'm studying psychology at Stanford and am going to attend medical school after I graduate. You were saying.

ok so you are intelligent but do you question about the things.

I am not orthodox, I'm a bit more flexible. In that sense I am more open minded than my peers.

i am not a anti religion i think religion played a big in the past and the art it inspired but all the god logic that is presented from books and people seems illogical

I feel like it's a philosophy for life, not an explanation for the past.

I also agree that some of it doesn't make much sense either, and at times it can be confusing to me.

bro i have quite a lot about different religions and history it self and you will see many falsies like all god know about world is limited a region like in hinduism and anceint egypt all animal gods are based on the animals that are found in that region why not kangaroo

>is religions
>I am islam

Another Catholic here, creation, evolution, science, etc. doesn't have to contradict a creator.

i can understand the human for the meaning of life but if you really study the religious text its mostly primitive knowledge and good deeds

People are afraid to face the fact when they die that they are forever gone so they try to change it

That's a good question, I couldn't answer it entirely unbiased because of my religious beliefs. However these religions were more naturalist and because of that they made sense of the world as being a more powerful force than man (themselves). They couldn't make sense of it using their own image and in turn resorted to the things they saw in nature.

In short they interpret their higher power as being from nature and thus their gods were what they saw in nature (localized). It was basically their interpretation of religion. And it being an interpretation it couldn't be accurate by my standards or the standards of another religion, say Hinduism for example.

Exactly.

Could you rephrase that.
>i can understand the human for the meaning of life...
You lost me m8

For me that isn't true because I don't fear death. It's inevitable, Mark Twain once said "I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." to me it means there will be no difference to me. So I dont necessarily care. I believe in heaven but I don't fear death in the slightest even if there wasn't an after life.

i pretty much came to conclusion by studying how religion evolved in Asia. Religion was created to manage people as the king/leader was supposed to be representative of the god and in case of Christianity and Islam prophet and gods son.

what i meant was as a curious being we want our existence to matter more( so god created for a purpose) and other things.

That's really interesting this makes me want to take a theology class next semester.

You shouldn't if you are in science peruse it to the best of your ability at this time we need more scientists then ever.

Honestly I think the existence of a god would make us matter less. This would mean that weren't created through luck, but pre-determined. The only real matter of significance to existence would be birth, death, and our contribution to the living.

I agree but, more to get an understanding of how religion works around the world, I'm still going to medical school but just to see how thing evolved differently elsewhere.

bro we think of the world our god in vicinity civilizations exited before us and will exist after us and theirs gods too will change may be to a hologram or VR ones :)

one of the other patterns i have noticed is that as humans progressed the miracles were toned down slowly i.e. wow factor with time.