>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Online Jam Group:
>discord.gg/WyG9MTS

Other urls found in this thread:

a.clyp.it/i0crz5rz.mp3
inlandempire.craigslist.org/search/msa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old thread:

Duane Allman seriously underrated guitar player.

>tfw finger too fat for the slides in the store

Thanks, but I've used a Home Theater before, and it has been plenty loud. Not enough to keep up with a drummer, but more than enough for the living room. My Zoom digi effects can boost quite a bit.

I wouldn't mind having a pre-amp on top of the main amp. Just tired of having a 2x12 with a big ass, hollow, guitar amp. Then a 15" bass combo amp. I'm trying to downsize. The 10" sub in my 2.1 system was good for the low low notes. Just not loud, of course.

Big fat Warren Hayes uses coricidin bottles for recording. Not live, fat finger gets too sweaty if it's in there long. Uses open end slide live

okay, let me correct myself.
you can do that, but it's not going to sound /good/. there's a difference between a guitar amp and a home theater, and while it will technically work, an electric guitar straight through a pair of 3" speakers and a sub isn't ideal.

I want to know if you have done it before. Because I have. I know the tonal difference between my old 2.1 setup, and my Orange amp & speakers, and my oooold Line 6 setup.

I'm 100% satisfied with the home threater, ONLY cause of my array of pedals and multi-effects.

The pedals boost the signal slightly. Probably not the same as a pre-amp, but definitely make the bass guitar THUMP the whole living room

What are some good makeshift slides for those without a glass cutter?

pipe, bong, glass candle, vase, screwdriver, soft scissors

I've done it before too. like I said, it's possible, but it's not what most people want. if you like it, then stick with it.

a socket, you should probably already have some if you're a real man. Used one for years before buying a heavy brass slide

Post those memes /gg/.

prescription drug bottle.

I was going to do the whole thing, but I got lazy.

Just got the SG last week and I'm loving it so far. Only new thing I would want is an amp, maybe a phaser or wah.

Pretty much already own my dream gear. Only thing I want is an all solid wood copy of a D'Aquisto Solo which should hopefully be happening this year.

I don't think the plastic ones work lol

They work just fine.

I appreciate the fact that I'm not the only one actively trying to ruin these threads these days. Thanks guys.

dream gear would be a 59 lp, a 72 telecaster custom, 57 strat, ampeg svt + 4x12, original tweed fender twin

dont have any pedals beyond my tuner and the software modelling fx i use with the thr10c. envoy 110 is my travel amp, 35W so it can fill a room ok for a jam. i have a bunch of accesory shit like capos, slides, lots of different picks etc but theres no room on the image.

thinking of getting either a tce ditto or some kind of a wah or tone filter for my first pedal.

I'm trying to tune my guitar into drop d but I keep thinking the string is gonna snap as it feels really tight. Wat do

hello

please tell me you're not tuning your low E string higher.

But I read that it's meant to make it sound higher.
Is that not what I'm supposed to do?

I was building my house and I found a slide from a metal alloy pipe that was the perfect size. Better than any slide I have ever bought in terms of fitting and sound. Life throws things at you sometimes.

>its a /gg/ doesnt know how to tune their own guitar episode

nigga you trollin

to be honest for the shit that I've practiced on I've never needed to tune my guitar out of standard so I don't know shit

k dad

>Not playing doom

>doom LARPing

Any ideas of what acoustic Phil Elverum used on Dawn? Love how dark and deep it sounds at certain points. Otherwise any guitar recommendations to get that kind of sound?

Is David Gilmour a very good guitarist?

That's the sexiest SG I've ever seen

He knew how to play the good notes at the good times

In my opinion one of the greatest if not the very best. He's the reason I learned guitar.

kek

Sounds like an inexpensive nylon string. Look for a cedar top/mahogany side and back classical for a darker sound.

Yeah, it's definitely a nice break from all the red ones everywhere.

I've seen that shade of orange but never that nice looking of a fade before.

DOOM LARPER

I was confused about that. Would it really be a nylon string? He strums a lot across that album, and I thought a nylon doesn't sound that good when strumming. Or do you think he uses different acoustics over it?

What should I sell a Epiphone Special II custom painted, swirl dipped for, on craigslist?

like 75-100

It doesn't look right, it needs a 5-ply black pickguard, black 70's style knurled tophat knobs, and black pickup rings & switch knob to set it off. Do all that and it will look like a monster after you play it for 5 years or so.

it looks like this

maybe 50?

Strumming sounds fine on a classical, just a different sound. Everything I've heard so far sounds like the same nylon string guitar to me. The mic he's using is probably boosting the bass sound a bit.

He's fairly average technically speaking but his phrasing and expressiveness are elder-god tier

As someone who uses a classical I'd agree with one caveat: power chords. For some reason those always sound like shit on a nylon.

I'm in the market for a guitar for groovy melodies and atmospheric plucking on around all 6 strings. Some chords, but not cowboy strumming style. Might tune down to C# doom standard, but mostly E standard. I use Chrous, slight fuzz to extreme distortion as effects.

Let's break it down:
24 3/4" or 25 1/2" ?
Double Hums or Single coils? Or HSH?
Whammy bar? Or no whammy bar?

I'd like to stay away from floyd rose. It's complicated

buy this thing I hear he's gonna sell it for $15

>tfw no white triple bucker sg

it's me actually

I more or les fixed it apart from AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

well, your problem's all solved, then!

That's one epic meme user

Anyone got a Gretsch hollow body? if so are they worth the price?

Want to upgrade tho

What's your budget?

Rate soloing
This is take 68 improvised

a.clyp.it/i0crz5rz.mp3

ideally, under $220 used. I paid waaaay too muhc for that Ibanez bass, brand new.
inlandempire.craigslist.org/search/msa

They're great instruments. The list price on new ones is pretty crazy but you can find lots of them for under $1500 in nice condition on Reverb. There are also plenty of knockoffs made by other manufacturers that are just as good.

daily reminder that the double buck is the best way to go.

I'm in a Noise/ ambient band

rate my gear and recommend me some cool pedals for nice noises

I recently bought an the acoustic falcon rancher and so far I love it.

I don't think you'd be able to 'upgrade' at that budget. I'd consider an Epiphone LP Standard to be the minimum upgrade to justify you changing gear. And doesn't seem like you can get one that cheap.

this desu senpai
baka @ others

>gold hardware

>not recognizing the homage to chuck berry

pfffft amateur hour in here

who the hell is chuck berry?

gold anything is disgusting.

c'mon m8 you gotta b8 better than that

pay homage all you want, but doing it with gold hardware is the worst way to do it unless you're putting gold hardware on natural-finish walnut.

Fair enough, just was curious if 220-250 could get me anything worth while.

Would $300 be marginally better? So a 24 3/4" would be better than a 25.5" guitar?

Kinda interested in a Yamaha Pacifica

What are some good android apps where I can look at scale charts and theory stuff?

White and gold are the best combination.

>So a 24 3/4" would be better than a 25.5" guitar?
What? God no.

Gold CAN look good.

Well an user suggested I go from a pleb Epiphone to a slightly better Epiphone. Both are 24 3/4" guitars, correct? And strats and super strats are 25.5?

No Gibson/Epiphone sucks, and any neck size under 25.5 sucks.

Yes. Don't listen to that other guy, either or scale length is fine, but it does make a difference to your tone.

you mean white/black.
gold is an eyesore.

>this post

Please never hold your guitar in a retarded way

>posts image of guy's eyes getting destroyed by gold
literally proving my point, thanks m8

>not playing in classical position

It's like you want everyone to know you're a scrub

Rate soloing
This is take 68 improvised

a.clyp.it/i0crz5rz.mp3

Well I best make a trip to guitar center, now that I'm a decent player, and take the time and pluck around on each style. I liked that Les Pauls have a more "mature" aesthetic behind them. But I think I might prefer a 25.5. I don't like floppy strings, and don't like going heavy strings for just D standard.

Slowly getting out of powerchord land after half a decade

a lespaul with topwrapped 9s is the best thing, you can bend and vibratoe like butter

very good dude