Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-8TdZFVj6tA
youtube.com/watch?v=iH4V8hZqZGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw somebody says normal jazz is better than free jazz

>tfw late-era Coltrane doesn't stir you the way it used to

Cal Tjader

that is all

I feel like Sup Forums only pretends to like free jazz because it's the more "avant garde", edgy style. None of the jazz professors I've studied with have ever actually really pursued free jazz, anyone with an actual interest in the genre should realize that there's no way that free jazz is "superior" to other styles.

>normal jazz

>tfw someone brings up jazz and nobody brings up the synth god...

>tfw maiden voyage is better than later Herbie

>tfw contemporary post-bop that uses elements of free jazz and fusion is the best of all

I prefer free jazz because it has more in common with the kind of music I like than any other style of jazz does
unless you can find even more noisy "traditional" jazz

>tfw not even the best early Herbie album.

just listen to some early django reinhardt recordings and you'll get shitload of noises lmao

>tfw you realize both are good

I like free jazz, but given it's reputation it's treated like some sort of intellectual gauntlet, and that if you can't appreciate all free jazz, you're missing something. I like some, I hate some, I don't get most. I listen to music for pleasure, not to prove something.

I dont feel comfortable pitting a substyle of a genre against everything else in the style proper

fuck off pseud

youtube.com/watch?v=-8TdZFVj6tA
this really stretches the definition of jazz, but this is a pretty distorted jazz album. If you haven't already, take a look at some of Miles' less (but still heavily) discussed albums. Maybe some more "latin" styles too, some of those get chaotic. In the end though, it's just your taste
lmao I was just trying to trick you, honestly I haven't explored herbie as much as I should
that's a good outlook on things. I really dislike the notion that free jazz is something that one needs to learn to appreciate

>tfw violin jazz its more chill than sax jazz

Reminder Classical > Jazz

What the fuck decides if your Jazz is a fucking slave or not?

>tfw you don't believe any form of art is inherently better than any other, and it manifests in the words you use to discuss art with other people, therefore avoiding pointless arguments and spending more time on discovering and enjoying art

feels good man

Fuck you you gigantic faggot

Nice digits

Have you heard the Olatunji Concert live album? If not, that'll bring you back in

No, I genuinely like it and how wild it sounds. It appeals a lot to me personally. To say everyone just pretends to like it since you don't is pretty close minded.

>jazz
>normal

May I have some of that violin jazz?

>tfw you realize early Dixieland still represents jazz at its best

>I listen to jazz

>tfw you realize jazz fusion is pretty fuckin dope

>tfw you turn 16

If ponty ate my sister out I'd be happy knowing she had known true love

>tfw jazz is just good in general and you learn to appreciate it's different genre's
What's so hard about this?

>normal jazz
>implying there are two types of jazz, one of which being normal jazz

Fokin lol
You know you want that facial hair rubbin on your boi pussy

that sounds autistic as all fuck

when the fuck did we reach the point where we now describe musical sounds as autistic?
>man I really love this jazz record
>yeah but that violin sounds autistic as fuck
like do you even realize how retarded you sound?

Don't worry, he's most like underage b& from reddit who found out about Sup Forums 6 months ago and is trying his damned hardest to fit in despite not understanding what any of the Sup Forums lingo he parrots actually means

I like jazz with just the right amount of avant garde. For example when they do a full chromatic run that is in the wrong key or when the rythym section plays in a different time signature for a while and then slams back into the groove

why did you post a hype williams cover
this

>full chromatic run that is in the wrong key
how would a chromatic run be in the right key unless the key is chromatic
I didnt know that chromatic scales have tonal centers either

I suppose I was reduntant with my wording but you understand what I said

WE'RE LIVE, FOLKS1

for what purpose would you even do a chromatic run

This.

Free jazz is a meme.

It's not a straight run, he might go three notes up , one back and then three up again, etc, and then do it in reverse. And the purpose is because it's jazz and they liked the way it sounded

how can anyone listen to that lower--than-garbage-tier quality

jazz is boring af why do you listen to it?

>these are the people with whom you share a board

Is that a realization about yourself or mu?

Pre-Diluvian Jazz >>> Ethersome Jazz > Post-Corporeal Jazz > """"""""Free""""""" Jazz

for the sake of argument, the blues scale contains a row of 3 half step intervals so that could just be a change in key depending on the context

I was decribing more a situation where the soloist goes dissonant for a while doing a run in that 3 half step forward one back type of way

free jazz is an okay idea, the first couple free jazz albums must have been absolutely mindblowing, but it gets stale real fuckin fast

yeah, eschewing any harmonic framework gives you "freedom", but it all ends up sounding the same anyway because it's essentially following the same rules

same trap atonal classical music falls into. all twelve tone serialist stuff sounds the exact same

This is considered free jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=iH4V8hZqZGw