This whole album is really great

>This whole album is really great...
>except for Downtown Train.

What the FUCK????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgG4rxq8DhY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fantano reviews an old album I like
>hordes of meme grips faggots saying their stupid melon in jokes whenever I bring up the album now

It just does not fit user. It's a generic 80s pop song. Why is it on the record.

Why does Fantano review old albums? There are hundreds of reviews for classic releases like Rain Dogs. There's a 95 percent chance he's not adding anything to the conversation.

fuck that melonhead .

Because it's Tom's best song.

If you really think that why are you even listening to Tom Waits in the first place my dude. Go listen to Bon Jovi or some shit.

I actually thought it was a really great review until he said that one objectively wrong opinion.

Why is he putting out all these old classic review videos? I remember these from like a year ago

>Anywhere I Lay My Head
>"it's like everything's gonna be ok in the end!"
>literally a song about giving up hope and accepting loneliness and disappointment

goddamn it melon

This. It's a good song, but still out-of-place for this album.

downtown train is basically bruce springsteen

>jersey girl, a Tom Waits song, got better recognition when Bruce Springsteen covered it
k e k

this is basically my reaction to every Fantano review, he ALMOST always cherry picks my favorite song as his least. Even if he likes a song, he'll single out a certain part as it's worst part, and it will invariably be my favorite part of the song.

It works in the context of the album because like the 15 songs that precede are weird, quirky skeleton xylophone songs.

And then bam, you get hit with one of the best pop songs ever.

Downtown Train 100% belongs on the album.
Tom knew what he was doing.

>this song doesnt fit the head canon i've created so it doesnt belong on the album

literally nothing wrong with that

the song isn't YOHOHO N' A BOTTLE A RUM LADDY spongebob soundtrack**

thanks for your input Sup Forums

Who UNION SQUARE here?

nah man 9th & Hennepin represent

>not Time
Y'all are gay

Tango til they're sore >

The melon has no idea what he's talking about just ignore him

I'm more of a Clap Hands guy

>A CINCINNATI JACKET AND A SAD-LUCK DAME
>HANGIN' OUT THE WINDOW WITH A BOTTLE FULL OF RAIN

literally what did he mean by this

I prefer Hang Down Your Head myself.

>- Tom Waits (1985): "Well I just kinda embedded a nursery rhyme. Just a eh... You know, eh: "Wine, wine, why the goose drank wine/ the monkey chewed tobacco on the streetcar line/ The line broke the monkey got choked/ we all went to heaven in a little row boat" yeah. "Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime/ All the way to Baltimore and running out of time." Same meter, same... I just tried to imagine all these eh... these guys going up the A-train. All the millionaires in tuxedos shoveling all the coal into the... y'know? Everyone's hanging out of the window, y'know? Just kind of a little... dark little... kind of a Ralph Steadman eh drawing." (Source: "Nightlines Interview" Nightlines on CBC Stereo (Canada) conducted by Michael Tearson. Date: New York. Late 1985)
>- Tom Waits (1985): "As you get older, the things it was once important to have around you become less so, especially with children. New York is like a weapon, you live with all these contradictions and it's intense, sometimes unbearable." "It's a place where you think you should be doing more about what you see around you, a place where the deadline to get the picture of the bum outside your apartment becomes more important than his deadline to get a crust or a place to sleep, which is a real deadline." "You see things like the $400 shoe followed by the $500 ball gown stepping into the pool of blood from the bum that was killed the night before. That's what I was trying to get in that song 'Clap Hands' - "You can always find a millionaire to shovel all the coal" because millionaires like to go places that are downbeat, that aren't so chi chi." (Source: "Hard Rain". New Musical Express: Gavin Martin. October 19, 1985)

clab haynds

Lord almighty, that man can talk some shit.

this

I won't ever not be slightly annoyed that people care way more about Rain Dogs than Swordfishtrombones.

they should both be considered classics t b h, but I do think Swordfishtrombones is better

swordfishtrombones just never grabbed me like rain dogs did tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=UgG4rxq8DhY
>That feel

did he actually say Downtown Train isn't good? i dont want to watch

SFTB is so much more raw though, ya know? Like Rain Dogs just feels like SFTB light at times with shining exceptions that are better than anything on SFTB

It's just a throwback to his songs where he refined Bruce Springsteen's sound for him

>G-guys, T-tom definitely knew what he was doing. D-din't he???
HOLY KEEEK DOWNTOWN TRAIN-FAGS ARE REALLY THIS FUCKING STUPID

TOM WAITS SUCKS

REPORT TOM WAITS THREADS

When I saw SFTB I thought of Soundtracks for the Blind and got really confused for a second

TOM WAITS SUCKS REPORT TOM WAITS THREADS POSTS SUCK

REPORT TOM WAITS SUCKS REPORT TOM WAITS THREADS POSTS

lel cage is a pretty dope rapper
>meme face

I'm more annoyed that Franks Wild Years is considered a worthy equal to the two.

hardly apart from them occasionally being refered to as a "trilogy"

I think Franks Wild Years is a pretty good album, although not on the same level as Rain Dogs and SWT. I think it would be a better album if you just cut 4-5 weak tracks of it. Now it feels like it drags a lot towards the end.