Regions thread

time for a new thread about the us regions, here are some changes ive mad since last version

>gave mid atlantic a little bit of northeast
>expanded appalachia slightly into northeast and pennsylvania
>changed great plains and rural midwest

post what your favorite region is and why, or give suggestions on how to improve the map

non-amerigans invited

>2017
Following some sandnigger religion instead his very own ancestories path.

How cucked can you guys even possibly be?

i think your in the wrong thread, genghis

ill start with some pictures of the great lakes

we literally went over this last thread OP, NYC culture is not that big (it ends once you reach the Bronx-Westchester border because of money), and that part of New York is not like New England its high Mid Atlantic

long island isn't like new england really, its pretty much just a giant suburb for nyc

Ill spread it where i end to Jamal

I guess? I was just trying to include the suburb areas according to the map of the metropolitan area.
I was on the fence about this, but I think I'll change it back.

Long Island is very NYC culture-wise because everyone on there is trapped and relies on NYC for everything. the part of New Jersey touching NYC is like NYC because its basically one continuous city right there. Once you cross the northern border of NYC it is distinctly not remotely NYC culture, and this is reflected in our accent which is more like the rest of NY.

Metropolitan areas aren't always cultural units

You could make an "Inland Northwest" region, including eastern Washington and northern Idaho. I think NE Oregon is pretty culturally similar to this area as well, but they didn't include it in the map for some reason.

Look at the rocky mountain region, what you ask for already exists

how about this?

wrong picture? the NYC guy just posted something almost exactly the same to that

i didnt do the territories because they could all really be their own thing

Colorado. I lived in Fort Collins for 7 years and fell in love with it. It's bike-friendly, there's tons of craft breweries, the canoeing and camping is amazing, the people are down-to-Earth.

i just added onto his pic, it was weird having the territories not filled in

not actually oklahoma city, but closest flag to where im at.

The Northeast is the best region by far. The only region comparable in the US to Scandinavia.

The rocky mountains shouldn't stretch all the way out into Washington and Oregon, They don't stretch any farther westward than Idaho and Montana. In eastern Washington and Oregon it's mostly desert, with sporadic mountains.

Medford MA, I go to uni here :DD

Comfy climate, toxic politics

suffolk county is its own thing, bro

my fav is texas because i live there

PNW and Cental Coast are the best parts of this map

heaven on earth

one day ill live innawoods in oregon and visit big sur every other week

California doesn't need nearly that many distinctions.

Here's an updated map, I changed the Mid-Atlantic and New York a little bit, and created the new region of tidewater to cover the coastal regions of the Upper South.

god fucking damnit i forgot the map again

>that hard great plains cutoff at the dakota/minnesota border

reeeee

wow its still shit
why do you refuse to substantially change NY, people who are actually from NY have kept telling you that its really wrong.

>tfw border between plains and northern forests

comfy feel

You really should give the western Great Lakes (WI, MN, IL, and IN) some green stripes. All of those states are considered Midwestern by 99% of the poeple in them.

People in WI and IN don't say they're from the 'Great Lakes', they say they are from the Midwest.

Same in Ohio.

FUCK YOU OHIO WILL NEVER BE MIDWEST

REEEEEEEEEE

I found this one a while back.

>Northeast only region comparable to scandinavia
you haven't been to the twin cities, have you?

Superior map to OP's

The Great Lakes is a subregion of the Midwest dumbass

Then stripe it you fuck knuckle.

I want to live in a cabin in the taiga so fucking bad it hurts.

at least it includes the gulf coast, which is nothing like the rest of the south.

Prettiest part of Canada desu

Not bad, but that "mountain" area is way too big.

Why does it feel like nobody who makes these maps understand the actual geographic and cultural borders?

It seems like everyone just fucks with things as much as possible and cuts up states for the hell of it.

Is that OC?

Best map like that I've seen in ages

shit map

i did change it, i moved the border in much closer so that it would only cover the immediate surrounding suburbs and gave it the rest of Long Island

The Great Lakes region is the midwest, I just used a different name because someone suggested it awhile back.

Yes. I usually post this thread about once a day so I can get feedback from people who live in those regions so I can improve the borders.

Anyways, here is updated map for more NYC shrinking. This will probably be the last update I do for today.

I may try one of these for Canada.

r8

it's more based on regional cultures than geography

Nice. Do you have the blank base map for that? I might actually add Canada to my map.