A boy falls in love with a girl

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's 2deep4u

FINDS

Interesting premise, and I love the director. Voices of a Distant Star is one of my favorite love stories.

going on my list for sure

What is the name of this shit, you shitty OP?

The name is in the picture.

>Makoto Shinkai

Will watch.

I don't speak moon runes

That sounds really interesting, despite the fact that I don't like many animu movies.

Also the title is a pun, for anyone wondering.
Keitai means "cellphone," and the Japanese character in the title means "love." (As in, the Japanese generally love bad puns.)

stop falling for Sup Forums's shit memes.

Also its fuckin old Sup Forums copypasta and not real

The movie is called Keit. You're fucking blind.

Fuck you, faggot
There is clearly a moon rune that is part of the title

Sup Forums truly has the best memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g

That moonrune is read as "keit"

fuck off narutards

it's keit-ai. fuck's sake people you don't have to be so dense.

So the fucking name is Keit Keit?
What fucking dumb name is that?
I don't know why I expected something good from weeaboos.

Fuck you, faggot weeaboo

on second thought maybe you do.

>So the fucking name is Keit Keit?

No. It's just "Keit".

So why is Keit written twice?
You sound like a weeaboo trying to defend this

Is Sup Forums the most autistic board on Sup Forums?

Yes.

So both Americans and gooks can read it. Think mate.

No.
It's written twice because Keit is supposed to be read twice.
Someone who can read english and moon runes won't stop reading right after reading the first Keit. Think mate.

This meme fooled me for literally like, 3 months. I had this poster saved to my phone for so long to remind myself to look it up on pirate bay, and when I finally got around to it, I spent almost an hour trying to find the movie, and info on it.

Fuck Sup Forums, fuck their shitty not funny memes, and fuck the fact that this movie isn't real, because frankly the synopsis sounded really cute.

Yes, I am mad.

They don't think about people who can read english and moonrunes when making the poster, retard.

Of course they think of them, retard.

No.

It's a play on words:
Keitai - mobile phone
Ai - love

Yes.

So the moon rune should've been Ai, not Keit

So, what's to stop anyone from stealing the idea?

How does it end?

With the heat death of the universe, silly.

I know this is a meme but anyone recommend more anime films with good animation and a sci-fi premise? I've seen The Girl Who Leaped Through Time, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Summer Wars, and Colorful.

>So, what's to stop anyone from stealing the idea?
No studio cares about stupid gaijin memes.

>How does it end?
Let's say they don't end together, and this is tragic somehow.

>So the moon rune should've been Ai, not Keit
The image OP posted clearly shows this.

IS THIS /SWG/???

he was lying to you user

ghost in the shell? I guess Paprika too

You would like 5cm Per Second.

Its not scifi, but its definitely worth watching if you are a fan of those other movies.

It does have very (I mean VERY) light sci-fi elements, but its not the focus of it by any means

Steal it from who?

Sup Forums is not a person

So this faggot - - lied to me
Or are you the one lying now?

He who?

yeah, I've seen those. A Garden of Words was weird but beautiful. A Letter to Momo was bretty good too. Wolf Children had a weird premise but also pretty and the last half was a good emotional movie.

You say there's DRAMA, but there's no conflict. Where's the drama? They fall in love with the person on the phone and not the real person? How does it evolve as it goes on?

And what would you be trying to say? That love doesn't form from two people's characteristics/personality, but rather it forms from the random encounters?

I'm mad at you right now for thinking that synopsis actually sounded good.

I'm a sucker for surreal romance movies. I was looking for something comparable to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind when I stumbled across it

The premise is good. If you think about it, what characteristics make you fall for a person? It's usually linked to very specific moments that are hard to explain. Maybe it was something they said, or something they did, but if that event doesn't occur, maybe you'll miss falling in love with someone.

The problem is the premise is for a 15 minute short film, nothing more.

Entire animu franchises have been built on premises that are paperthin enough for a short movie, the entire industry feeds on vacuity.

>And what would you be trying to say? That love doesn't form from two people's characteristics/personality, but rather it forms from the random encounters?

This is the worst type of person to watch movies with.

He's wrong but at least he's able to argue his outlook. You, on the other hand sound like the kind of twat that goes "I liked it" then retreats to bury your face on your phone like some kind of autist.