So what exactly did happen at the end? cruise looping back to the beginning of the day seemed random...

so what exactly did happen at the end? cruise looping back to the beginning of the day seemed random. the movie could've worked very well without the happy ending, in my opinion.

amerifats were too dumb to understand the original ending so they had to go with a happy one

The ending in the manga is stupid. The one in the movie isn't great because it only makes sense from the audiences perspective but it's better than the source material.

The ending to the book is not happy, Blunt's character dies.

doesn't the manga have some sort of starship trooper-esque ending?

>The ending in the manga is stupid
What is it?

>the movie could've worked very well without the happy ending

why the fuck do you want to watch unhappy endings?

what do you have against being happy? is your life just so happy all the time that you need to blunt the constant outpour of joy?

The ending to the book of everything is always some forced tragedy garbage shit, that's why movies always have to fix it

Stay mad, ya dang weeb.

Asians love sad endings for some reason. I used to work at a video store, and my manager had a pretty good way of explaining it:

>Japanese movie
>main character is dying at the end

>Chinese/HK movie
>main character is dead at the end

>Korean movie
>main character wishes they were dead at the end

A forced happy ending for the sake of having a happy ending is not good story telling. There's nothing wrong with happy endings if they are consistent with the story.

Jesus Christ are you retards retarded. It was all a dream how did this go over your head?

with cruise's powers gone, emily blunts sacrifice would've had a lot of weight. leaving her dead for good could've worked very well.

I NEED TO KNOW NOW

It's impossible for a $150 million Hollywood movie starring an A-lister to have a sad ending these days. That's just how it is.

Looks like some anime shit

the entire purpose and struggle of the movie's plot was cruise trying to save her from dying when she was willing to sacrifice herself many times

>Edge of Tomorrow is based on a screenplay adapted from the 2004 Japanese light novel All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka.

It's stupid. It's a stupid ending.

What's so hard to understand?

taking cruise's powers away for the end fight was a very good idea and should've had real consequences.
looping back to the beginnig of the movie was unnecessary.

To her, it was the first time she was sacrificing herself

He was obviously asking what exactly happened in the end. Don't even care if you're pretending to be retarded, you're a total dumbass either way.

youre an idiot
i guess i agree to that point, but he did dive in a pool of the super hive mind blood. which would literally make him a god

>It's treason, then

He has to kill her to stop the loop and save the world or some stupid shit like that.

the last time the MC loops back there is an alien waiting for him and kills him.

not true
This is what happens

asians have low test