It's a fact that the 3rd movie is the best one

It's a fact that the 3rd movie is the best one.

Which is the worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UunqBAHBDo8
youtube.com/watch?v=usbq2v5tYJo
buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/proof-that-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-had-the-mo
youtube.com/watch?v=GkGjHug1kFc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Order of the Phoenix for me.

None of them are outright bad.

Goblet is unfairly hated on.

It got really fucking bad after the 3rd one. I mean, the books are pretty bad too - they're enjoyable to read, but have a fuck ton of plot holes and no one ever tried to fix them in any way in the movies, so we're basically dealing with a cut down and more messy book, which in itself were pretty chaotic.

So yeah, not the best series. I still hope we'll someday get a whole Netflix TV series about the books, fixing some issues and/or giving more time to develop certain characters.

Prince is by far the worst ...

who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have an angsty teen drama Harry Potter set in fucking Hogwarts? Especially after Voldemort is LITERALLY FUCKING BACK. What is this shit.

The movies created more plot holes, really.

>I still hope we'll someday get a whole Netflix TV series about the books
Me too. A chapter by chapter adaptation would be neat. The actors aging thing would be a nightmare though, I think it'd have to be animation which could be weird.

First movie best movie
Fuck this series, though

They're all shit you fucking fetus. Its one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

Lol such such shit taste

Goblet is the worst

Jesus Steven, you're still salty

No.

This

Phoenix is seriously bad. They tried to fit the longest book in the series into the shortest of the films and feels like so much detail is missing

Also it feels like its full of montages, and while it is largely focused on training over long periods of time, its still horribly directed and edited

3>7>6>2>5>1>8>4

Get some fucking taste beyond capeshit graduate if you're going to post here kid

Nah it tells everything it needs to stop being a bookfag. It did the orwellian/brazilian ministry very well and was very satisfying. Much better than goblet of fire

Bretty gud desu

They made 8 of these movies and i hardly even know what it was about. Some random wizards fighting over destiny or something?

Your opinion is shit.

Thanks familia

Im just glad most people acknowledge 3 as the best one

Based Cuaron should have directed more desu

These movies are garbage bec its from a book written by a womyn

The first 2 were the only good ones (books included).

Everyone blows the third one (film and book) but it's complete shit.

>they have fucking truth serums and don't use them on Sirius Black to see if he killed the Potter's
>they don't use the time turner to save the Potter's

Am I the only who never bother finishing this shit? I think I didn't watch the last 3 and I used to love it when I was a kid, but I grew up.

Anyone else hate how the series went grim dark in its marketing?

You have less cinematic analytical skills than buzzfeed. The castle engulfs the characters in times if stress, it must be protected from the outside yet is uncertain and dark within the humor and omnious tones meld semmlessly. I dont think you get british filmmaking or humor. It was well shot directed witb confidence and acted very well.hogwarts is a character in hbp.

>Letting the dark lord live to save two measly people

Prisoner of Azkaban was easily the most forgettable.

I can't remember a single scene from it.

Chamber of Secrets shits on every other movie by far

You're literally facefucked retarded and can't comprehend the time turner and how its used. Hint its a closed loop that abides by the novikov self consistency principle. Not only are you a pleb you didn't even pick up on the most basic thing the time turner be worn during the time you go back in. Potters family were killed. You can't changeit. Buckbeak nevet died bc they always go back in time and save him there are no alternate realities.

Too bad that plot point was never brought up.

It would have been a great scene if Harry confronted Dumbledore about saving his parents, only to have Dumbledore say "your parents had to die for the dark lord to die", which leads to Harry getting pissed off.

Instead we get movie after movie of Dumbledore doing jack shit only to meet Harry in the final scene to tell him "I was trying to protect you, herr derr!"

>ineffective use of special effects

Come on, some scenes were pretty great, shaving cream duels aside

youtube.com/watch?v=UunqBAHBDo8

If the Time Turner can't change anything, what's the point of having a Time Turner?

And if it was so dangerous, why did the Ministry ban its usage?

The third book is the worst but Cuaron is that good. I don't know who directed the movies after three but they are fucking shit specially the six movie who butchered all the tension from the books.

2nd
second is worst book and movie

>I don't think you get british filmmaking or humor
I don't even get half of your post
what the fuck

I lost all respect for Snape when he still loved Lily Potter even after Harry's dad cucked him.

Fuck this book series.

I like Order of the Phoenix. It's comfy and Luna is amazing.

I rewatch the whole series twice a year because it takes me back to simpler times.

I like how you can clearly see how the posters turned into edgy dogshit as the decade progressed.

How can movie 3 be best when Movie 1 Hermione is hottest

>guys are mad stupid for pussy
news at eleven

They didn't ban its usage they regulated it
The fact that the wizards in charge gave such an object to a girl to use to take more classes is funny as fuck. Its british tongue and cheek humor first of all

Secondly time is a major motif in poa, harrys past his parents his parents friends divination prophecy all have to deal with the past present and future. The time turner is only in poa bc it only needs to be. Wizards don't use it for longer than 5-6 hours to prevent themselves from changing shit too much and causing damage. They are dangerous but dumbledore and.mcgonagall trusted hermione who incidentally used it and aged an extra 2-3 months that year on normal sleep. Look up the nivikov seld consistency principle it states you can't create a paradox in a brief time travel in a closed loop. Nothing hermiome does back in time physically changes anything or has an impact, like throwing the stone. They always save buckbeak simultaneously. Harry produces such a powerful patronus bc even though technically he hadn't yet until that moment in the future and past and present bc of his point of view he knew he already had done it. There was no pressure

Also the time turners are destroyed at the battle at the ministry

7 and 8 were the worst just for starting the "split the last book of our cash cow into two movies" trend.

>Wizards don't use it for longer than 5-6 hours to prevent themselves from changing shit too much and causing damage. They are dangerous but dumbledore and.mcgonagall
it helps that the wizarding world seems to take Dumbledore's word as law. He probably was the one who tested the limits of the Time Turner, said "naw mang, can't be doin' wit dis" and it became law.

>ever having respect for an old bitter manchild who bullies children

delete this quick lad
the potter drones are tumblr, Sup Forums and reddit teens

>implying bullying is the worst thing in the world
youtube.com/watch?v=usbq2v5tYJo

No you fuck. They had a 5.5 hour workprint for the deathly hallows. They didn't even think they could call it the deathly hallows and include the hallows if they didn't split it up. Also dh1 is pure sex

Such a shit franchise, how many fucking movies do you need before you learn to act

>the PoA is the best HP meme still exists

Wish it could end.

>meme
Kill yourself you cinematically illiterate troglodyte

You're a fucking pleb. British have a particular style of humor. You might notice that if you watch film.

Also you have less deciphering skills than the generic anaysis by buzzfeed

buzzfeed.com/andyneuenschwander/proof-that-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-had-the-mo

Much like the book for me, Phoenix was the worst of them. I don't even remember anything of it except entering the Ministry as other people and Sirius dying.

They're all the worst. Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

they're all about the same? not bad movies if you're a fan of the stories

i was never enamored with them...but i didn't hate any of the movies. i think i've seen all of them?

>8 movies
>2 minutes of decent special effects

>being a degenerate pedofag

Don't understand the hate for 4.

I love the atmosphere

They dropped more important things for a gay dragon flight. What's impressive is Harry getting his broom, learning the dragon, and getting his egg the quickest. It was too hard for them to write how Harry baits the dragon and goes for it so they just decided to spend millions of dollars on a chase scene

Cuarons and yates have way better atmosphere its not even debatable

1: sets up the world and characters that sparked everyone's imagination

2: delves deeper into the history of the world

3: delves deeper into history of the characters

4: doesn't add much but continues the world building of how things work, but started the drama

5-rest: don't care, drama drama drama what went wrong?

5 and beyond focused exclusively on Volemort and the coming war, did you even pay attention?

You're a pleb who doesnt into film and doesn't even get the themes at play. Fucking asshole complaining about drama. Muh witchcraft cant be dark I don't understand how the magical world parallels the real one as the kids grow up and feel more helpless. 5 6 and 7 were fantastic.

wtf i hate meme arrows now

Wizard People, Dear Reader is my favourite in the series. 3, 6 and 7.1 are good also. 4 is shit.

I don't care how it differs from the book>

>70148852

Not a fan of yates, it feels too generic. Cuaron is good, but there's a certain feeling of imminent dread throughout goblet of fire whereas it's more subdued and slow building in Askaban - not that that's better or worse

>Harry FUCKING Potter, Ronnie "The Bear" Weasel, and the Wretched Harmony will never exist again

This guy knows what's up.

She's not she looks better in 2 and 3 than 1.she's smoking in all of them but she's diamonds in 6 and 7. Hot as fuck in 2 3 4 5 6 7

whoops

THIS!!!!

>I don't care how it differs from the book
Which is why you don't understand the hate for 4. Cutting a cool guy like Ludo Bagman and the Weasley Twin subplot.

All of the movies have similar themes and similar things at stake, but the later movies were soap operas with how characters interacted.

3 6 7.1 are patrician

Yates is really really great. I love his and they've grown on me I didn't love them originally. He's a really good director at getting across all the right emotions for a scene.

underrated

By soap opera i think you mean theatrical they're extremely well done esp hbp and dh1

i can tell you're a frequent redditor by how much you know about harry potter lmao

I actually don't Im just not retarded. I watch the films haven't read the books in 8+ years

The fourth book sucks pretty bad.

>get Harry into the TriWizard tournament in order to get him to touch that teleporter object
why not just make said object a toothbrush or his pillow.

Watching the marathon too brah? The shiftiest one was Deathly Hollows pt 1. Stretched out for literally no good reason.

>Wizard People, Dear Reader is my favourite
kill yourself mouth breather

Holy shit they made eight of those shitfests?

I used to watch them with my gf but said no more after the fourth one. It's just a massive sack of shit.

Nope. This board is ridden with shit and harry potter is great. Stop thinking the capeshit buzzword is applicable here. That shit is cinematically inept.

youtube.com/watch?v=GkGjHug1kFc

Deathly Hallows 1 is actual kino. It's a big budget indie film about kids running from the secret police in a dystopian hell.

>Tolkien
>Shit-tier

Was this wrong on purpose? And nice pasta.

1, 3 and 5 were the best

Lol the forth one was the worst faglord. The ones following are pure kino.

You have bad taste dh1 is one of the best.

>nothing happened
Plebius maximas

based /lit/ looking out

Why are Siruis' tattoos so cool?

You're a 16 year old from tumblr/DA
thats why

Voldemort was a shit villain who should have just read "Wizarding for Dummies"

>goes to kill baby Harry
"oh, no! the magic of love has doomed me!"

>goes to kill kid Harry
"oh no! our wands have the same core so they don't work on each other for some reason!"

>goes to kill teen Harry
"oh no! I forgot who I disarmed the Elder Wand from and got myself killed yet again!"

My fucking nigger. Nice taste kinoman

>the way the video cuts off right in the middle of dialogue

you should get them user, then your dad will finally respect you

You shouldn't watch unfiltered kino anyways you should marathon it

Jokes on you, i don't have a dad.

Everyone in HP is a retard tbqhwyf

3 7.1 and 6 are kino.

5 and 2 are high cinema with kino undertones.

8 is good cinema fantastic film and a god tier movie.

1 is good movie and a fantastic flick ajd pretty good cinema.

4 is a flick and a bad film. Ok movie

Please explain what the buzzwords you are using mean

Different planes of consciousness

You feel kino. You feel it in you when watching.

Cinema is a movement of watching something where everything clicks and works together its entertaining and fufilling.

Film is like cinema, a more cerabral and aesthetically transic motion of pictures compared to a movie.

A movie is something you watch to enjoy for consumption only

A flick is something you'd watch surrounded by niggers with slimy popcorn instead of hard liquor or triple fermented beers like you would with cinema or kino

They offered him goblet of fire but he turned it down bc post production of poa would have overlapped

>you will never experience the second or third task as a ten minute long take

Cuaron expressed interests in deathly hallows but they already had their man. Same with del toro in hbp

Bump for half blood prince on tv pure kino