Dick Tracy

>Dick Tracy
>The Shadow
>The Phantom
>Pastiches like Darkman, The Rocketeer and The Mummy

Will Pulpshit ever make a return like it did in the 90's?

Other urls found in this thread:

dialbforblog.com/archives/390/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They tried it with The Spirit

I always liked Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It feels exactly like a action-adventure movie that would be made in the 30's if they had the technology.

In the same way that the Flash Gordon movie feels like a shorter Flash serial made with 1980 resources.

Where are all the public domain capeshit films?

The 1930's and 40's were the first and last time superheroes were truly uncucked. Does it surprise anyone today that modern capeshit fans despise those old characters for not being progressive enough and actually fighting crime effectively and with some degree of fucking intelligence?

The Cuck Code is where shit got retarded, before then there were horror, war, and titty comics. Now after generations of creative inbreeding we get retardation like Cap saying "Hail Hydra" (without even sticking his hands in the air) and Doc Manhattan being the big bad as the cutting edge of the art form

Too obscure

That's the point.

Sky captain was awesome

30's and 40's sci-fi needs to make a return (without any smug irony)

It was not only not nearly as vapid and shallow as snobs made it seem since many of the writers were, if not actually educated then at least informed about scientific principles as understood in their day, but more to the point was it was entirely red-blooded action and adventure with an incredible style.

Fuck that shut is awesome

Stardust Cinematic Universe when?

Let's write a Stardust and Lady Satan movie together.

Rocketeer is based as fuck. Brad Bird said he's a huge fan - now that Dave Stevens is gone I can picture Disney doing it. Especially now that Captain America made the 1940's cool again.

The 1940's were always cool

The Shadow radio serials are on iTunes, they're pretty good

This is true. Arguably the most photogenic decade in American history.

the radio show was the capeshit adaptation of it's day

far far inferior and more dumbed down than the source material, Orson MUAAAAH THE FRENSH is the only thing that salvaged them

I hope so.
The Phantom is legit 7/10 which is better than it had any right to be.

>Will Pulpshit ever make a return like it did in the 90's?
John Carter and Lone Ranger were fairly recent, though they bombed(so did The Shadow, The Phantom, and The Rocketeer though)

This year we have the new Tarzan movie which actually looks like it's based more on the books. That's pretty pulpy. Probably going to flop hard though.

Best chance for a revival is if they actually make that Doc Savage movie with The Rock and it's a hit.

John Carter was sabotaged by shit marketing and really misplaced title, the movie is mediocre but not terrible

Tarzan is seen by people as a Disney or whoever property, a cartoon who hangs out with talking rosie o donnel gorillas, of course a tonally faithful adaptation is going to bomb. Besides, where would the franchise go anyway?

If John Carter had succeeded we'd probably be in the middle of a pulp renaissance right now

You could never do pulpshit accurately because of how triggering the lack of female and nigger protagonists would be. ESPECIALLY sci-fi stuff where it was almost always white man against chink / nigger aliens.

>John Carter was sabotaged by shit marketing and really misplaced title, the movie is mediocre but not terrible
I agree, very underrated movie.

Frankly I like all the movies in this sub-genre.

Bruce Campbell was neck and neck with Billy Zane for the lead in that one

What is the name of that style?

Space art-deco?

Retro-Futurist

Flash Gordon tv show a few years back ruined that property. Plus the idea of the broad shouldered, square-jawed dashing leading man who slings women over his shoulder would cause Mt. St. Helens levels of triggering in SJW-centric Hollywood.

Captain America is literally a story from 1941 and Superman/Batman/Flash and Wonder Woman are even older so...they could count sorta right?

nigga what are you even saying, pulp bitches are the most choice
>all driven, ambitious motherfuckers who dedicate themselves to wrecking Nazis and cults
>use their sexuality like a weapon
pulp bitches are more feminist than bitches who call themselves feminist

>Tarzan is seen by people as a Disney or whoever property, a cartoon who hangs out with talking rosie o donnel gorillas
By fucking who, underageb&fags?
I'm in my mid twenties and I and everybody I know knew the book/pulp Tarzan way before Disney rolled out their animated adaption and don't primarily associate Disney with Tarzan

you must be reading modern day sterilized 'pulp-pastiche' cuck shit

women back then argued, screamed, got kidnapped, got rescued and finally accepted the strong brave heroes affections as they ran / flew / sailed away from something blowing up or sinking

>Superman/Batman/Flash and Wonder Woman are even older so...they could count sorta right?
I've always thought it funny that Batman/Superman etc don't count, they're not much removed in age from like The Shadow etc... hell the original conception of Batman could be considered a bit of a ripoff of The Shadow

Getting kidnapped was all part of their plan

>a bit

dialbforblog.com/archives/390/

oh god what a piece of shit