I have no lyrics to our bands music yet and we have a gig in 5 weeks. 20 minute set. how fucked am i?

i have no lyrics to our bands music yet and we have a gig in 5 weeks. 20 minute set. how fucked am i?

how do i write good lyrics Sup Forums :(

why the fuck did you book a gig when you had no music? What the fuck were you thinking?

go post-rock then

yeah me and my band have like an hour's worth of music written and our singer hasn't written squat, it's retarted

lyrics dont matter anyway so just sing whatever you want

sing the phonebook or something, filibuster, I guarantee it would be A LOT more interesting then whatever banal lyrics you could come up with

just plagiarize some old poems and put them to music. no one will think twice. not even kidding. just as long as you dont record and publish them.

It's good to have a goal to work towards.
If you don't set a due date you might never finish shit.

these

id personally just sing gibberish in a foreign language, people who speak the language won't care even, because as someone who knows a few languages it happens a lot

Bad lyrics can literally destroy music.

Just go instrumental, not that hard

maybe if your kind of stupid

or unless you mean the sounds of the words

5 weeks nigga 20 min what the fuck are you retarded? You can write and record 3 full albums in that time

>. 20 minute set. how
well what music you play, how many songs?

da der der der

does your heart still sing when the adventure begins
now that it's started
to raiiiin

etc.

"lesss than the feeling of being legal tonnniiiite

setting home to an edit
trademarks and copyright posters of your mindddddd

I eeeeeeeaaattt pooooooooooooooo x32

did you wipe it clean
should it fit nice and good
did it cost too much
as you dragged it out
on the floooorrrrrr

(c) c#opyright Chris

No funny shit
Here's what you do.
Think of a story in your head, make it "symbolic" and now turn it into a poem.
Make sure there's a "focus point" turning a specific word, phrase/sentence into the title and chorus. And make sure it rhymes and is consistent.

Do the pull out of hat technique.

>sure it rhymes and is con
no. be careful with rhyme, it sends people to sleep , get hooky with it!

>get hooky with it!
I agree actually, but make sure the chorus is hype af, that's what people remember the most.

Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! that usualy works or

Rape! Rape! Rape! Rape! if it's students

Use a lot of echo and a bit of revert on your voice and just sing gibberish

Even if you did have lyrics they would hardly understand it through the delay

A band called bass drum of death uses these effects and you can't understand the singer live

Don't use vocals just scream gibberish.

Fuck it, vocaroo the melodies for your songs and ill write you some lyrics

dont worry bro post what what kind of music youve got written and i will genuinely help you out bro

this

Its literally the reason people hate rap music

Rip lyrics from the bible

Also, here are some rhyme words that are easy to fuck with
something, feeling, meaning, timing, lining, inkling, sinking, flying, etc. Honestly any word the ends with "ing" Then you can just link the "ing" words with things like "me, free, see, be, sea, we, he, key, etc." It'll result in painfully uninspired lyrics, but that's all that you can hope for when you're asking Sup Forums how to write lyrics for a show you've already booked.

Good luck, man. Don't fuck it up.

People hate rap music because they don't give it a fair shake. It's like dismissing country music as a whole when all you've heard is Florida Georgia Line and Jason Aldean.

What're some of your musical influences, also where ya playing, if it's in NYC I'll def show up to support.

I once improvised my last two verse on stage. It actually went OK. However you have to spend a lot of time preparing to not give a fuck. or you could actually get to writing. Drummer however was disappointed.

My first gig I completely forgot the lyrics I WROTE and began improvising creating a comedy story. The crowed loved it but I felt shitty because I really liked the lyrics I wrote.

Just yell flex your muscles.

aaand come back for more