HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS GO OUT OF YOUR FUCKING WAY TO MAKE UP THESE BULLSHIT UNITS

HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS GO OUT OF YOUR FUCKING WAY TO MAKE UP THESE BULLSHIT UNITS

NOT EVEN PRESSURE AND POWER USE THE SAME UNITS, I'M AMAZED YOU GUYS DIDN'T COME UP WITH BULLSHIT UNITS FOR ELECTRICITY, THANK GOD FOR BENJAMIN FRANKLIN I GUESS

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and yet we are the only ones to the moon.

Fuck yo logic

Huh, what a weird coincidence that the one country that breaks the shackles of globalization is the largest fucking powerhouse in the world

Celsius is medically useless.

You realize the UK also uses imperial units?

correlation does not imply causation

Ikr

1 degree fever, guess I'm literally dying now.

/thread

thanks to a german nazi. just fuck off you idiot

Let us know when you land on the Moon, OP. Until then, keep your primitive, simplistic units of measure.

Go on, what's your strange reasoning behind that?

I'll take my petrol by the gallon like all us superior Americans do. Fuck off, peasant. Your intellectual superior.

You sir, are several hundred years too late with this argument.

I know it seems strange how our measurements work, and I'm aware you just learned about them on Friday in 6th grade, but just try to let it go kiddo. Nobody fucking cares.

Not really. Except for miles and pint/half

Everything else is metric

UK is officially metric. It still uses miles and mph for roads because it was cheaper and easier to leave all the signage as it was when they switched over. Major engineering works, scientific projects and the like have been metric for ages.

you mean "first human" on the moon by US, not only...

Americans are too retarded to learn the correct way of measuring

Maybe google why instead of complaining about it?

I'll save ya the time: it makes virtually no difference and would cost a shitload to change to metric. So get over it

> America went to the moon
> now leading in obesity and diabetus

Go and eat another burger, you stole the fucking technology

All forms of measuring are arbitrary

Just for that I'm glad I don't live in the US.

not if you call everything "units" and refuse to define them

actually nasa and most of the scientific community in america use the metric system because they're not total dumbfucks

> you sir
fat neckbeard

Yeah, it's tough having to learn new things...

It's especially tough for Eurofags.

Yeah I think people often forget that we still use metric where it matters like science and military

They didn't in 1969, dumbfuck.

nice gif

Mars Climate Orbiter.

Americans can't use metric without fucking it up.

Ouchie, not my poor Eurofag heart.

YYYYMMDD is master race.

how is day smaller in euro when there are more of them than months? (28-31 days per month, 12 months per year)

>believing that lie

top kek

because days make up months
1 day is less than 1 month

Hello brother

Yeah, it was a huge mistake to try and use such a simplistic measurement system on complex space missions.

They should have stuck with the system that worked so many times before.

That's actually pretty funny.

United States of Zionism would beg to differ sir.

>new
That measuring system is old af which is why most people replaced ot with the better one

Are you fucking retarded? too many burgers clogging up the synapses in your brain? Of course they used metric in 1969, holy shit.

ITT: I can't argue, so I'll just babble about muh moon landing instead

yuup. Metric system is the only system to use if you are doing something important, or where being vague about measurements is just plain stupid

the averages blokes don't do anything important tho, so why change.
feet yards and miles can be measured by a 1 legged retard. Metric system require tools and being conscious

You just blew my mind with that ...

Since we're using days, months, years; how many minutes in a kilominute? I missed that day in school. Wait, what about kilodays?

ill just leave this here

nasa lost a mars probe because they were working in miles, and the guys(japs?) who built it programed it to use kilometers

Simply replacing it doesn't make it better. The old system works very well for us.

Considering our technological advances, military, and economy, it works better than any nation that uses the metric system.

nasa uses metric, retard

NASA uses the metric system, dumbass

>is from the USA
>talks about jews.
Mate, your state might belong to israel in a few years. How does that feel?

petrol

american

pick one

NASA didn't use the metric system in 1969. NASA didn't switch to metric until 2007.

Now guess wich system they used to get to the moon...

I call BS

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html

>[citation needed]

Uh... he's right, actually.

and? all that means is they went the long way about it instead of the smart way.

>putting on my shitstorm boots, here it comes

See

The imperial system has nothing to do with technological advances, military, or economics.
You guys still have way too many christians, educational problems, you are poorer than you think, but deny it all, you are arrogant as fuck and just because something works, doesn't mean something else works way better, like the metric system. Everything based on each other. 10cm^3 of water at a certain temperature in celsius is exactly one liter and one kilo. Try to top that, fuckface.

I used the word 'petrol' to mock you dumb Europeans. No wonder you're so stupid. All the best universities are in the USA.

That's kind of the point. It's easier to approximate an inch versus centimeters, and dates roll off the tongue much easier than trying to say the numeral first before the month. Better for archival, and for mentioning future dates.

and both systems were used which makes your point invalid, metric is still the better choice

Both systems are fine if you understand them. Chinese ppl know over 30k kanji. Blows your mind right? They understand just fine so don't pout over it either. Same shit.

>only
American education everyone.

fuck you England made this stupid shit. If you truly cared you would be bitching about the time like i do.

WTF 100 millseconds in a second but 60 seconds in a minute and 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours a day 7 days a week 4 weeks a month and 12 months a year. That is arbitrary. it could all be changed to metric time.

If you motherfuckers would at use 12 in your system, it would make sense as it can be divided by 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 12, unlike 10, which can only be divided by 1, 2, 5 and 10. But no, your system goes all over the place.

Yes, of course NASA didn't use SI units until 2007 like literally every other scientist does since decades.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units

Best universities in the world are here in the states.

There are two types of countries in the world:
1). Those that use the metric system.
2). The one that put a man on the moon.

Keep telling yourself that, user.

Just because imperial measurements are too complicated for your primitive brain doesn't mean that your simplistic system is superior.

Face it, you just have an inferiority complex. Get over it.

We didn't make up this shit, Europeans did.

New York is ran by Jews. The rest of the country thinks New York is a shit hole. Only New York likes New York.

One thousand.

That's literally what the prefix kilo means, one thousand. Nobody uses kilominute because it's dumb and doesn't make sense, just like the Imperial system.

America
Fuck yeah
Let's make this country great again

No follow our British overlords, I'm okay with that.

no, one takes way longer to come to the correct answer than the other. one has a much higher rate of miscalculation and error, which in the case of space travel, could and has meant the difference between life and death.

Americans know its outdated and rubbish but they will defend it's use until they are forced to join the modern world

As an American from the best state in the nation-California- I agree.

Your failed education system makes you think you're so awesome and don't need school to learn more and be more efficient, that now you think the imperial system works better than the metric system.
Don't be a fucking idiot.

Sad comeback

Be American
feel dumb
Nuke them all
Feel smart

Just why the fuck don't Americans have a smaller unit than inches

Every day I need to deal with bullshit like 1/4" nuts and bolts, why not just use centimeters and millimeters like a civilized human being

Miscalculations by retards who can't be bothered to study a tiny bit. Kinda like weeaboos faking my language. Not hard, white ppl are just idiotic and lazy.

Any measurement is fine. make one up, define it's parameters conclusively, and it'll work in the hands of an intelligent person.

Not that user, but Farheneit puts the normal body temp. at 100.

>HOLY SHIT, IT'S LIKE YOU GUYS GO OUT OF YOUR FUCKING WAY TO MAKE UP THESE BULLSHIT UNITS
>YOU GUYS GO OUT OF YOUR FUCKING WAY TO MAKE UP
>YOU GUYS
>MAKE UP
>Posts picture of all European invented units

Myanmar and Liberia didn't land on the moon

Metric is superior to Imperial in every way.

Except for the average citizen when it comes to temperature. The normal retard working a 9 to 5 job in an office is going to use 0-100F way more than he would ever even get above 50C.

But yeah other than that Imperial is just awful.

> best state

> state where kanye, the Kardashians, Tom cruise, and other liberal rich entitled fuckers live

Pick one

>why not

Because it's more confusing. This society was designed before it's inception. A dumb population was on the agenda from the start.
Metric is more logical, but also too easy.

Dumb cunt...kek

YES! this! ..i have come up with a system that works by you throwing a series of clams at a thirsty cactus ..granted, the more complex equations require quite a lot of clams and knowing when the cactus is at the right level of thirsty is complex in itself but it works god dammit!!

+1 to you good sir!

>implying base 12 is better when counting with hands

>implying

prove me wrong then