More stuff that sounds like this? Atmospheric black metal but like, happy, for lack of a better word?

More stuff that sounds like this? Atmospheric black metal but like, happy, for lack of a better word?
Atmoblack is too miserable, I like it but I don't wanna wallow in my depressing moods and the more shoegazey kind of albums I've been suggested aren't aggressive enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UHnXRtIYpkE
youtube.com/watch?v=O185DTU-B44
youtube.com/watch?v=_0css1kqM0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=XEMpI2PjNQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=o0Xx3RXyGRE
laborer.bandcamp.com/
wedonthaveaname.bandcamp.com/album/demo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lantlos

that russian black metal band with noname

>that russian black metal band with noname
Wut
How are you even supposed to find them?

youtube.com/watch?v=UHnXRtIYpkE

Sunbather isn't atmospheric.
Sunbather is blackgaze.
Look up violet cold, moonlover, lantlos or something.

There's a chart on the wiki for "Blackgaze by Mood"

Never listened to anything on it before but it sounds like that could point you in the right direction

What is it? Cause I have no idea what genre to call it. I'm pretty new to black metal and it's offshoots in general. Most of the metal I listen to is like groove/melodeath/thrash.
Thanks for the suggestions though.

Blackgaze is the name you're looking for.

It's called Blackgaze as in Black Metal/Shoegaze

This guy is right

Deafheaven is gay

kek, so I assume this guy is another black metaller that's butthurt about his secret club being enjoyed by people outside the scene

>riddled with pasty 20something americans making neo-shoegaze
What's the point in calling it blackgaze if it has zero black metal elements?

I didn't make up the fucking name

>be me
>see stuff in the chart that I hadn't heard before
>decide to check some of it out
>come across this
>youtube.com/watch?v=O185DTU-B44
>my fucking sides

>hyperdefensive mode GO
Who is blaming you, boy?

You replied to my post with an extremely accusive tone

Your post contained the chart, which is what I was talking about.

Stop trembling; no one's after your precious bottom.

Blackgaze, which is a metal subgenre for fags, is also called : Fag metal.

The chart didn't make the name up either you fucking retard

It definitely has black metal elements, to say otherwise is just disingenuous.

youtube.com/watch?v=_0css1kqM0Y

These guys are onto something.

You explicitly said that you don't enjoy atmoblack.
So no, you actually don't enjoy his secret club.

I specifically said I like it in the original post, but it depends on my mood.
My exact quote was
>Atmoblack is too miserable, I like it but I don't wanna wallow in my depressing moods

What the fuck are you even talking about.
Why are you asking for help and then calling me butthurt when I gave you recs and corrected you so you could find more in the same genre.

I thanked you for the recs but you didn't tell me what genre they are, you just said they aren't atmospheric, and aren't blackgaze, then 2 or 3 other people said that they ARE blackgaze.
What genre are they?

>Le black metal fans are mean!!1! xdxd

fuck off with this, I've received nothing but good recs and friendliness from the black metal community.

>My personal experience proves yours isn't true
Ok, well I've received the opposite reaction. This thread is the most helpful people have been to me with trying to find recs and shit, and I'm 90% sure it's cause I didn't post it in /metal/.
I've played in metal bands most of my life, I know exactly how a lot of them act.

this

Melting Sun is in a bit of a different vein to Sunbather but it's one of the greatest metal albums I've ever heard. Parts 4 and 6 will destroy your brain.

do you guys just not leave your houses or something how do you end up this way

Read my original post again, but this time try using eyes.

bitter virginity, general incompetence and NEET status

Fuck. My bad. I read it as "isn't" blackgaze. Sorry man.

White metal

White metal

They're called nic. And I'm pretty sure they're polish

Liturgy

You just did exactly what you condemned
>I played in metal bands most of my life, I know exactly how a lot of them act
Everyone itt is too nice to your poseur ass, can you actually please kill yourself?

Lantlos w/ Neige = blackgaze
Melting Sun = Djentgaze

>female vocals
3happy5me

k80m80, I'll get right on that.
>poseur
kek. I've probably met more bands that you've seen. Though you're probably 2cool4gigs, hey.

nice assumption
nice posing

Listen to literally anything considered post-black metal. It's the most unoriginal genre on the the planet so it all pretty much sounds like Sunbather.

I fuckin love Sunbather, but I was pretty disappointed they dropped the d-beats and went full Deafheaven on this record. The combo of crusty d-beat hardcore, and black metal on Eros/ Anteros was top tier

(you)

this is the best post-black metal record imo, and it sounds nothing like Sunbather

youtube.com/watch?v=XEMpI2PjNQ0

meant for

itt: a bunch of people who haven't liked the one or two actual black metal albums they've heard yelling U MAD U MAD over and over at fans of the genre who politely say that the albums they like don't belong to the genre so they can avoid later embarrassment/more accurately seek out music they will like

Look I don't care what you guys call it I just want more that sounds like it

he's not wrong

T H I S

kek

Yes, that album is an exemption to the rule then. The genre over-all is still massively unoriginal.

What if i don't want to stop there? I need absolute despair and suffering.

Ignore the flamewar.

Similar bands include Alcest, Ghost Bath and Liturgy. From there on out you can find more on your own I'm sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=o0Xx3RXyGRE

Thank you user. Gonna kill myself later in the most gruesome way. And i'm serious.

> likes blackgaze
> claims to be in a metal band
> brags about meeting metal bands like it's some kind of badge of honor

please kill yourself

>
>T H I S

DOUBLIN' DOWN

Nice. This is just what I've been looking for since Merzbow and Hanatarash just aren't doing it anymore for me. And since it's still all labeled under "noise", it's kinda hard to find gems like these amongst the more tame offerings that noise usually provides. Is there perhaps a more specific sub-genre or division of noise that I could look up for more material like this?

I dont know if there is a specific name for a style like this. But most of the bands doing such music have a black metal origin. So i would look up for blackened noise or something like that.

>Atmospheric black metal but like, happy, for lack of a better word?
actually this black metal is called Depressive Suicidal Black Metal (DSBM) ironically its happy by some reason

check

An Autumn for Crippled Children
Ghost Bath
ColdWorld
LantlĂ´s
Woods of Desolation

I'm going to shill for a second. My band is blackgazey, and we're influenced by Deafheaven.
I hope you enjoy it. Downloads are free.

laborer.bandcamp.com/

These bands are
blackgaze/atmo bm
blackgaze
atmo bm
blackgaze
blackgaze/atmo bm

But none of these bands are dsbm.

>nji. njiijn. njiiijn.
I've seen some terrible band names in my time and that's probably one of the worst.

Oh I guess that's the album name. By the looks of the band name I hope for their sake they're foreign.

Muh are you serious with this chart ?
The vast majority of these elements are just bullshit
And the blackgaze isn't good at all . i mean only few albums are ok.

wedonthaveaname.bandcamp.com/album/demo