Former 4 year whatcd member, have any worthwhile sites sprung up since it went down? What happened to apollo.rip?

Former 4 year whatcd member, have any worthwhile sites sprung up since it went down? What happened to apollo.rip?

Other urls found in this thread:

mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark
youtube.com/watch?v=8Mb3Hu6ZnpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People still download music? Why not stream it?

rutracker is an okay alternative

Nice digits. I've migrated over to rutracker and soulseek. Definitely haven't downloading as much though since what.

I think that pth (Passtheheadphones?) is the hot shit right now

APL and PTH are the current replacements. PTH is more difficult to get access to. APL shouldn't be that difficult, as they just announced they are giving users an invite within the next 24 hours

A lot of people use slsk (soulseek).

Where do I do the interview

Audible watermarks

>not using rutracker and soulseek

I have never heard an audible watermark in my life.

Passtheheadphones

You might if you were paying attention and knew what it sounded like

mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark

>downloading music
real fans recreate the songs till they're perfect replications

lacking libraries.

Apollo is going strong. Decent, friendly, effective staff, great community and good economy.

I'm not on PTH which is better by all reports, but being an Apollo member is an enjoyable experience and I've built up a decent buffer so it'll do for me.

like this fucking dude?

youtube.com/watch?v=8Mb3Hu6ZnpQ

how did you get an invite, if you dont mind me asking? You think they'd be willing to give me one? I have proof of whatcd member, but I was also elite (no proof) and have ~30 or so vinyl rips I've done myself ready for upload

yeah
>all physical music is destroyed
>the internet breaks
>people have to recreate their favorite songs Fahrenheit 451 style

that's actually p close though

>worthwhile sites sprung up since it went down? What

yeah this record shop has opened

"Secondhand Records NYC will open at 1345 Dekalb Avenue in Bushwick, Brooklyn this Saturday, October 8th. "

bit more

"
The shop is run by New York native Federico Rojas-Lavado, who worked at the house label and distributor Downtown304 for four years before setting off on his own. He opened it in partnership with Radio Free Brooklyn, and it will house his vinyl stacks as well as a studio and events space. The inventory—which includes new and used records—will run a wide gamut from house, disco and techno to soul, blues and jazz, as well as Latin and African selections. Rojas-Lavado will also offer manufacturing and distribution for local record labels, taking advantage of his pre-existing relationship with Downtown304. The grand opening is on Saturday at noon.
"

so you should be able to get your new music here,

your best bet is to either do the apollo interview now or wait until pth starts doing theirs (shouldnt be more than a month from now)

k thanks mate

I got in during open sign ups.

Isn't the apollo interview for former high-ranking whatcd members?

uh i wouldnt think so. considering how they had open sign ups til they hit 20k im not sure theyre going for elitism. anyone can take it

Theres not join in section in the page?

I'm a big fan of record collecting, but that doesn't even come close to filling the role what.cd had.