en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English-language_Canadian_television_series
vocaroo.com/i/s1KesRfh9rrv
vocaroo.com/i/s1u37dPNuE5H
youtube.com/watch?v=T0OII_OzJiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English-language_Canadian_television_series

are canadians 2016's australians?

they're so full of hate

Some government laws prevent us from having good tv and film, I shit you not.

A while back the Canadian government decided to preserve and protect the growing entertainment industry within the country. The laws basically assigned a federal protected council to direct where the industry moves and goes, meaning they get to pick who works and who doesn't.

The result: the same shitty industry people being selected with very little room to add new young people. So we are stuck with cringy shit and vomit inducing original programming.

That being said, I think things are slowly changing, even though most people trying to make it in the Tv & Film industry will try to make it in the USA.

All of Syfy's original programming is Leaf.

Degrassi, LetterKenny. They have some good comedians too

You mean to say you don't like films about the trials faced by Metis women or a young person finding themselves in the most abstract of ways?

>tfw if Sup Forums were to get flags everyone would know I'm a leaf

vocaroo.com/i/s1KesRfh9rrv
vocaroo.com/i/s1u37dPNuE5H

Yes

A

>the trials faced by Metis women or a young person finding themselves in the most abstract of ways?

youtube.com/watch?v=T0OII_OzJiw

I swear to god if I ever watch another show with Metis puppets I will gouge out the eyes of some quebecois.

Wait I don't need a reason to do that.

>mfw another corner gas clone

FUCKING

STALE MEME

But we need another tv show to preserve the culture and values of Saskatchewan!

Yeah, I don't understand why that thread was deleted either, especially when there is so much real shit up.

DUDE TRAILER PARK BOYS

being canadian is suffering

Thank you for this informative article

australians are bros

canacucks are just overcompensating because of the stereotype that all canadians are super nice

fucking tryhard faggots kek

They've been deleting any thread mentioning Johnny Depp too, even the Alice ones

oh yeah i didn't mean to imply direct equivalency

australian shitposting is warm and kindhearted, canadian shitposting is angsty and artificial just like canadians

canadians like tv but they don't like canadian tv because of literally nobody likes the canadian content laws but they wont get rid of it. it's literally why all our radio stations our fucking awful and why the shitty canadian cartoon phenomenon exists. You can thank our government for radio stations that play our fucking anthem because they don't want to license what good canadian music with have and and for 6 fucking seasons on Johnny test.
(I believe they made and exceptiion for cinema at some point because there literally aren't any canadian films and nobody wants to spend money making them"

the only good original canadian content is made in and for quebec because they actually have self respect (too much, but still) and want to make good content for themselves.

also virtually every streaming service in canada sucks shit because they don't want to license anything for America junior. The only people with netflix in canada are retards that don't know how to pirate/use bittorrent streaming programs

Not surprised, whoever moderates Sup Forums must be so tired of deleting threads its basically the default action for them now
People really shit up this board and it sucks.

canada isn't even a real country, it only makes sense that the people are cheap copies of americans

Canadians are generally polite, not nice.
Get it right, we're like the most passive aggressive country, it's not our fault other nationality are too stupid to understand sass and backhanded remarks.

get back to drinking syrup you fucking subhuman

they should cut all the internet cables leading to toronto desu

Watch flashpoint
It's good

you're still cucks

I have a Canadian Professor who is a smoking hot redhead

>the only good original canadian content is made in and for quebec because they actually have self respect

t. Jean-Pierre LaMonte

this is what I mean by tryhard

no one is buying your shit faggot

>Canadians are generally polite, not nice.
>Get it right, we're like the most passive aggressive country

thank you so much, my exact thoughts. I'm Canadian and I hate "le good human canadiene meme". people are way too passive aggressive here, to the point were drama and shit gets dragged on for longer than it needs to.

And don't forget the "amercians idiots LOL". I'd rather deal with a rude american than a "nice" canadian.

Not to mention the cheapness, holy fuck I can't even have a beer with most of my friends without having a reason to do it. In the end I don't really blame them, living here is expensive as fuck.

B-but free health care lmao

canadians on Sup Forums are like teenagers who are embarrassed by their goofy parents so they try to distance themselves by being over the top edgy

This meme went into overdrive real fast.

kill all canadians

you're just angsty lad

>0.77

I'm Canadian and can confirm this. Canadians are embarrassed about being Canadian. We feel inferior to the United States and have a superiority complex.

Don't you fucking get me started on the health care. Yes I'm glad we have it, I couldn't afford healthcare because I'm broke. But godman it's not great.

It's fine if you break your arm and need to get a cast, but if you need help with something that is time sensitive or a prolonged issue? you're fucked.

I know most rich people here will go to China or the USA to get their major surgeries done. In Canada you have to wait for fucking ever, to the point where it might mean you not living.

I had a friend that wanted to get some mental healthcare and he was told to wait 5 months (yes 5 months) for an "interview". waited his time, at the end they told him they had to see if his case was worth working on (depression/anxiety) and waited a few more months. Now he's a fucking junkie because he didn't know how to cope with it.

have you seen the world outside of Canada? might help you. We have it a lot better than most but stop pretending we're the best.

Also you forgot to mention that our healthcare pretty much only covers hospital and clinic services.

If you like having prescription medicine, going to the dentist or getting your eyes checked, you gotta foot the bill just like everyone else.

Isn't all that shit still cheaper than the US though? Even with insurance we pay out the ass for all that stuff

Sup Forums doesn't even have flags, this is some next level shitposting

I don't know actually, I have good eyes and brush my teeth really really well so I don't have to pay for any of that shit

/thread

it is cheaper, way cheaper. But I mean money really doesn't matter when you're dead. If could afford it, I'd opt in for private care.

I just payed nearly 600 bucks for a pair of glasses. Not even designer or anything. Dentist visit costs 175 bucks and goes up from there if it ends up being more than a cleaning, and I pay 250 a month for prescription meds

That sounds weird. My family doctor refered me to a psychiatrist with no issue

are you covered by insurance? because my friend got a referral from his doctor too.