No memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KwtAMGXyTI4
youtube.com/watch?v=L_1vfjn2lyk
youtube.com/watch?v=d88xIIRDI9U&list=PL60126F4322EAD2FC
youtube.com/watch?v=Zq9U8oL7D04
youtube.com/watch?v=c0uqyjGuxyA&ab_channel=Revanlation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO THAT IS WITHOUT YOU GIVING US NAMES????!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND NO DONT ANSWER "REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH" YOU FUCKING RETARD: JUST TELL US WHO THE HELL THIS FUCKING UGLY FAGGOT IS!!!!!!!! OP JUST FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better at what?

If Mozart were alive during the 60s you would get a Trout Mask level masterpiece every couple weeks or so. No memes.

its don van vliet

That's absolutely not true. He would've been at least like 200 by then and holed up in a retirement home.

Hi mozart

yo mozart where da new album at

Mozart is overrated

Well one of them is a classical composer and the other one is an experimental rock musician. Doesn't really make sense to compare them.

no. Beefheart is literal shit, and Mozart is a top tier composer.

Composers always BTFO popular musicians, even in experimental noise music in the 60s and 70s.

For example:
(late 1950s)
youtube.com/watch?v=KwtAMGXyTI4
(late 1960s)
youtube.com/watch?v=L_1vfjn2lyk

Now THIS..
This is a nice fucking hat. A lovely hat, even.

Sufjan Stevens could learn a thing or two about neat hats from this guy.

Aphex Twin > Stockhausen

Beefheart made Doc At Rador and TMR.
Mozart made music for the elevator.

/thread

>right click
>"search google for this image"
it's that easy

Probably not.

dumb

YOU FUCKING RETARD

it's a meme you dip

Aphex twin never even got close to surpassing Stockhausen, even 50 years later.

Stockhausen was making more complex music with more primitive tools (physically cutting tape and having to run multiple tapes into recording devices, all synced up perfectly) in the 50s and 60s, before Aphex was even born.

Stockhausen was a pioneer. Aphex twin was cashing in and not doing anything new.

if you don't know who he is then you should have no opnion and thus not care about this thread you autistic faggot.

also op no

*Tips* xD

I dunno because I've listened to probably 85% of everything Beefheart recorded, but I couldn't care that I die never knowing anything of Moazrt

u on some dumb foh

its time:
youtube.com/watch?v=d88xIIRDI9U&list=PL60126F4322EAD2FC

not even pressing play. No thank you

Pleb and proud are ya?

stay ignorant then friend. Pretty sure you've already heard it if you've seen amadeus. In fact you've probably already heard it if you've ever watched a TV show like the one you're posting images from. You'd be surprised how often Mozart and classical composers are played in films and TV

He didn't make music. He made ""music"".
Guy couldn't make a likable composition to save his life.

If you hadn't have posted this, I would have.

>You'd be surprised how of
it's a mistake, they should never have been recorded

I disagree, along with many other people who enjoy 20th century music.

No other composer takes full advantage of the spatial element in music like Stockhausen. Many of his pieces are brilliant.

Not everyone can appreciate 20th century art music though, so dont feel bad if you can't comprehend what's going on.

Its ok, I've never listened to Beefheart so we're even :)
I think I heard his voice on a Frank Zappa song once, but it was a pretty shit song.

You listen to shit tape Loops. Ain't too much thinking when listening to em.

He also didn't want to make music a whore for monetary gain. You can see his exact comment on Aphex Twin and EDM.

>Frank Zappa
>pretty shit song.
yeah sounds about right

I wasn't talking about Stockhausen's electronic music, although that is much more than "tape loops". There is never any repetition. Listen to Kontakte, and you'll see its through-composed. Nothing is ever repeated.

>>Frank Zappa
What do you mean?

Great bait my friend.

60s and 70s popular music really is trash.

Who am I kidding, popular music is always trash

>you share this board with people that refuse to listen to mozart

>You listen to shit tape Loops. Ain't too much thinking when listening to em.
This is what happens when you're arguing with a person who hasn't listened to the musician he's trying to criticize.

Its true. I only listen to composers or traditional music.

Do this mean that Mozart is still alive?

....Mhm. Give me a second. Need to patch this up a bit.

Have you ever looked at the catalog? shouldn't this be painfully obvious?

Sup Forums are a bunch of popular music plebs. not much we can do about it. Move on, leave them to it.

Based Stockhausen.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly. But it you agree with him, why not recommend some electronic music you think is interesting and worth listening to?

Who said anything about electronic? I just fixed a spelling error.

Oh, boy! You're everywhere.

I've been wanting a new Herbie meme forever. I saw the oppertunity and I took it.

You should've left Baxxter in.

No.

>post-african repetitions

Impossible

Yea, but Mozart>>>>>>>>
youtube.com/watch?v=Zq9U8oL7D04

Beefheart was actually innovative

>Mozart>>>>>>

I MEANT TO WRITE WAGNER FUCKING NEVER MIND IGNORE MY POST GUYS FUCKING FUCK

If someone brought Mozart to 2017 in a time machine, what kind of music would he listen to/make?
>inb4 metal

Nightcore

Death Grips.

Eric Clapton

The same music he made when he was alive.

Late classical / early romantic music.

>physical effort and time spent having any determinable factor over a piece's value as art

face it - serialism is a wanky idea putting intellectualism far above value as art

which is why this is surprisingly relevant to captain beefheart - who made unintellectual music that had far more value as art

scaruffi said it well - 'Beefheart is the first musician to perform an avant garde operation of such capacity without the least intellectual pomposity. '

>context what's that?

>being proud your prized composer will age as well as hans zimmer soundtracks

>people exist on Sup Forums that have never heard a captain beefheart song

youtube.com/watch?v=c0uqyjGuxyA&ab_channel=Revanlation

how can people not love this

coil > stockhausen > aphex twin

>how can people not like what I like!??!?
Autism?

>stockhausen doesn't like krautrock
instantly dismissed

"Look i know what kind of music mozart made! Instead of going along with a joke i will just state my knowledge!!!!"

user, elevators were invented in order to enhance the listening experience of Mozart's music.

faggot spotted

Stockhausens music is much more interesting that Aphex twin. The difficulty by which it was made is just a bonus. Aphex and pretty much all modern electronic musicians are BTFO by the 50s musique concrete crown and late 50s/ early 60s electronic compositions by classical composers.

Scaruffi is wrong - that would be Gesualdo.

He's not my prized composers. I hardly ever listen to Mozart. Bach is more my shit.

Sorry, I dont waste my time on untrained plebs. No applied chords or fugues, no dice.

Its unlikely Mozart would pay attention to modern popular music, but he would be very interested in contemporary classical music. He would pick up where he left off though - firstly finishing his requiem.

Didnt beefheart beat up his sesh musicians if they messed up a song?

quads incoming

he kicked the shit out of Harkleroad, big time

kek no. Beefheart was a hack who couldn't even read music. Comparing him to Mozart is like comparing Lynda Carter in her prime to that Quasimodo looking girl from Game of Thrones.

Holy. Shit.

you should wait until you've read all the posts before replying, instead of replying piecemeal

Recommend classical composers who did electronic compositions please

stockhausen, varèse, nono, boulez, cage

i forgot xenakis

above plus babbit, murail, grisey.

Also pic related.

I was watching a ferneyhough interview recently and he said he downloaded all the free music programs and make music with them just for the hell of it. I'd be interested to hear what he came up with.

b8

Pretty useless post. Seems to not contribute to anything.

>fucking ugly faggot

Dont talk about Daddy Beefheart like this pls ;_;