Strange/weird scenes in movies that caught you off guard

Strange/weird scenes in movies that caught you off guard.

Can be good or bad.

I'll start with this scene from The Rover which I liked a lot.
youtube.com/watch?v=RYN24FvB3KU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DX9JNJThhxY
youtube.com/watch?v=TF0ZIECM7_0
youtu.be/qkZVOKjKbGA?t=1h45s
youtube.com/watch?v=R-8WrdkT67M
youtube.com/watch?v=USKDdEg8N3s
youtube.com/watch?v=kFz7rZY_DDI
youtube.com/watch?v=45jzeIecakg
youtube.com/watch?v=kknXBbnppzA
youtube.com/watch?v=WwrOVHN-e58
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rpatz was good in this

youtube.com/watch?v=DX9JNJThhxY

Hey I know you're a psychopathic assassin that's insisting on sitting in my car while we play a incredibly high stakes game of murder and psychological cat and mouse but holy fuck did you just see that coyote? Fucking nature, man. It's beautiful.

Agreed, really good performance. Great movie overall too.

This was also a really weird moment in Ex Machina that blindsided the shit out of me and the absurdity confused my emotions a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=TF0ZIECM7_0

The lighting in this scene always seemed really weird to me. Especially when the camera is on Foxx.

The scene where the Turks ship Lawrence freaked me out the first time I watched the movie. Still makes me pretty uneasy. Not that strange in the grand scheme of things probably but what leads up to it always seemed weird.

This was a stupid scene. So obviously contrived to get social media attention, it's only like 8 seconds long and has no narrative impact but people talked about it like it was the crux of the whole film

>that scene in Interstellar where they travel through the wormhole and establish first contact
>black guy sees the whole thing
>doesn't say anything about
>woman shakes hand with an extraterrestrial being and doesn't say anything about it

You're telling me that two astronauts, whose sole purpose in life is to scour the universe for information and answers, encounter what they presume to be an alien and they do literally nothing about it and never mention it again?

Actually this film is full of moments like this (part of the charm) but this one stuck out the most to me
youtu.be/qkZVOKjKbGA?t=1h45s

Honorable mentions
12m46s
36m

I don't know about that, man. Sometimes absurd things happening are there to evoke some feeling rather than to move the narrative. For my part, at least, It worked to elicit an emotional response.

Just seems like a thing people just grabbed and ran with. Especially since you can't really talk about the other things in the movie because of spoilers.

>coyote
I like that scene. They don't mention anything about it and you can actually see similarities between the Coyotes fur and Cruise's outfit (grey hair, grey suit etc).

I interpreted this as Foxx seeing a wild animal but realizing he had a more vicious one in the car with him.

No. Robot is dancing to the dudes moves. You differentiate as the audience between the rote mimicking automaton and the more 'human' femmebot. Dude seems 'capricious' but is actually manipulating a social dynamic blablabla not really ill fitting.

Bruh, watch the movie again

Bump

I always associated it more with Vincent. The wild animal roaming the civilized and ordered streets of a city. Also it could be that Vincent was criticizing Max for just going through the motions every day, but Vincent is basically doing that too. Just like a Coyote is hunting because that's it's nature.

Or something like that.

Yeah but what feeling? Momentary confusion and a mild chuckle? It just bothers me that the biggest standout scene could have been cut from the film and it wouldn't have changed at all.

This scene from Jackie Brown was crazy.

youtube.com/watch?v=R-8WrdkT67M

I don't think I've ever been so shocked an relieved at the same time.

I would hardly call it momentary. Right when I thought Caleb was getting somewhere everything became absurd.

It wasn't the most shocking thing in the movie either, imo. What happens at the end is easily more crazy. Obviously most people wouldn't be talking about that part because of spoilers.

youtube.com/watch?v=USKDdEg8N3s

what the frick

I thought my rip was fucked when this scene first played.

Gets me every time

Rewatched that scene like 20 times laughing my ass off the whole time

youtube.com/watch?v=kFz7rZY_DDI

Tom Cruise in this role.

The whole movie is weird as shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=45jzeIecakg

I know this caught a ton of people, I know it got me.

Love The Rover Pearce and Pattison were amazing.

goat scene

what film is this

Enemy

It's really good.

ty, gyllenhaal is great

I watched this on TV. I kekd so fucking hard.

Probably because modern historians believe the scene never happened IRL and was just Lawrence writing erotic fanfiction about himself getting raped and beaten by Turks

it just keeps going

that scene was actually pretty sweet, overall that movie was incredable and the ost was patrician as fuck, that Tortoise out of fucking nowhere

that comes from the digitel, really gives a unique vibe

>This was a stupid scene. So obviously contrived to get social media attention,
are you retarded. After that scene he learnt that she was a robot.

I don't understand: Why do people find this funny? it's so lame.

this. Cruise and McConaughey save that movie for me.

>You destroyed Starkiller Base
>I'm going to destroy the fucking dance floor. Check it out, Hux.

Fucking golden.

Maybe because we're not so jaded.

>he can't dance

worth noting that that webm is literally the final few frames of the film before it cuts to the credits

the user probably should've spoilered it but whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=kknXBbnppzA

The whole movie was filled with strange scenes.

I legitimately did not expect to see him naked in this movie. This was the first Tom Hardy movie I saw, the second was Stuart: A Life Backwards. I started to think he just got nude in all his films.
youtube.com/watch?v=WwrOVHN-e58

This scene, when Ned Stark looses his head....
later I understood, it is OK for GOT

Fucking kill yourself.

the scene was meant to disarm you and make her think of her as more human