youtu.be/quHOE01ZAwM
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHHzOi4GBB2lR32M7y5KMDvj4JbLBmv8-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

then I listened to this

right now, I am just about to finish this

I am so glad I saw this.

How did you like them, friend?

let's get weird

But...you didn't tell me how the other 3 were.
Did you like them?

Wow, I didn't know anybody on Sup Forums listened to Herbie Hancock.

...I'll assume that's a joke.

I don't know what to say about it at the moment. Less have a go

probably inventions and dimensions is the best of the three. I assume they are original compositions which is great , I get bored of the american song book. the piano and the percussion especially, voicing keeps pulling me in, hypnotic cymbals and is it a tomtom? I'm not sure.

A bit bright though, certainly I can think a lot of jazz sound today or of the eighties or what not didn't get much past it. It doesn't have that chaotic feeling of boozy Monk, more sure of it's self than Powell, less tight laced than Bill. Mmmm

Again, Maiden voyage was quite similar, lovely brass work, adds a dark city night feel, would suit a long walk,

um Fat Albert Rotunda.... yeah, John Lee Hooker did better jams than this , still I'm bouncing up and down

it's a bit like when Roscoe Mitchell plays boogie woogie and I wonder what's going down

Glad you're enjoying it!

>I assume they are original compositions which is great
Yep! All the compositions on the albums you listened to (so far) are original.

Inventions is my 2nd favorite and definitely very high on my herbie albums list. The samba percussion is an amazing touch to the album.

Maiden Voyage was actually written about the sea, funny enough, but not much to say other than that. It's a pretty good album.

Fat Albert is my personal favorite Hancock album. But then again I'm biased as fuck to funk-jazz.

Also, who's John Lee Hooker?

>who's John Lee Hooker?
what?

I don't know much about this John Lee Hooker guy. I'll probably look him up later.

I was shocked

started this one. also , no album should be longer than 47m ever.

>no album should be longer than 47m ever.
I didn't agree to that....

>But...you didn't tell me how the other 3 were.
>Did you like them?

i'm not op however i do like I&D and Maiden Voyage, not as much as Empyrean Isles though. Haven't listened to fatty al yet

is this the album where it all started to go wrong?

Brother you gotta listen to Fatty Al.

I think you're thinking of everything from Monster to Lite Me Up

>of everything from Monster to Lite Me Up
really? that bad?

It only covers 2 or 3 albums.

But referring to Lite Me Up alone YEEEES.

That album was fucking TRASH. Same with Perfect Machine but that was years later.

(cont)
Plus to be fair 'Monster' and 'Magic Windows' at least had a salvagable track or two.

And I forgot Mr. Hands was released in-between not before. My bad. Mr.Hands is a fantastic album.

it reminds me of Solaris

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

yeah I love Solaris, but the funk jazzz space weirdnesss, it fits in with cinema as well of the time..... weird stuff going on at the Roundhouse , it's that era feel for felings

>l's play Pork in 1971

listen to the first 5 seconds of rain dance looped, that is still in clubs today, it's House, prove me wrong

youtu.be/quHOE01ZAwM

we'd have to get bleep to source what I mean but we could...

Well I'm glad you're liking it!
What do you plan on listening to next?

I've listened to that opening so many times to get it to click...How did I never realize this before?

I mean it still hasn't clicked but point remains.

I've not heard Head Hunters but I don't believe it could be better than Sextant

Listen and be amazed

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHHzOi4GBB2lR32M7y5KMDvj4JbLBmv8-

have a shower. I've done a mini - marathon here, have a rest to clear my mind

yeah I obviously don't know my music that well, they were all over it