How do any of you not think this is an absolute masterpiece and one of the top 10 albums of all time?

How do any of you not think this is an absolute masterpiece and one of the top 10 albums of all time?

DUDE LIFE GOES OOOON LMAO
DUDE HEEEY BUNGALOW LMAO
DUDE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY LMAO
DUDE HAVE YOU SEEN THE LITTLE LMAOS
DUDE HONEY LMAOOOOOOOOO

Because we've all heard lots of other music since.

Are you OK user? Do you need a doctor?

Revolution 9

Because believe it or not there's MORE bands than just the Beatles!

And I think those other bands made better albums.

but I do

>implying the Beatles are the worst band of all time
you done fucked up, user

While it does have much of the best material The Beatles ever wrote, it is quite unbalanced. I think it kind of adds to the charm of it, but I'd be lying if I said I've never skipped the birthday song.

bu it's not

ma negro

Well I wouldn't go THAT far. But there's still better stuff than the Beatles.

I'm surprised you mentioned the birthday song as an example of filler. The only real filler track I think is "wild honey pie" but that's over in like 50 seconds

it's more that people who love the Beatles treat it as some sort of end game for rock music, or some be-all influencer of all rock music. in reality the beatles trend-hopped just as much as modern artists do. and almost every year the beatles made an album, someone a year before them did the same stuff better. see: dylan, hendrix, stones, dead, etc.

their best album is rubber soul

Not him but since Birthday is a song they just spontaneously wrote/recorded in the studio, it's the most "filler" of all the tracks.

Half of the album is fantastic, the other half is shit. It's a mixed bag.

Like what?

>the other half is shit.
What's shit about it?

Obladioblada and honey pie. to a lesser extent revolution 9 and goodnight. it's a 9.

>rubber soul
>not abbey road

>someone a year before them did the same stuff better. see: dylan, hendrix, stones, dead, etc.
Examples?

that album sounds so burnt out and recycled

>abbey road

literally just google "best albums of 196(whatever year), without fail the year previous there will be a better and more influential album than the beatles released a year after

If we're talking ANY artist, then pic related.

I did and I don't see it. Just Beatles albums.

Looks like you'll have to list them

All these tracks that weaken the album:
>Wild Honey Pie
>I Will
>Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
>Honey Pie
>Don't Pass Me By
>The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
>Martha My Dear

But then all tracks that strengthen the album:
>Back in the U.S.S.R.
>Dear Prudence
>While My Guitar Gently Weeps
>Happiness Is a Warm Gun
>I'm So Tired
>Blackbird
>Piggies
>Rocky Raccoon
>Julia
>Yer Blues
>Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
>Sexy Sadie
>Helter Skelter
>Long, Long, Long
>Revolution 1
>Savoy Truffle
>Cry Baby Cry
>Revolution 9

The rest of the tracks are just okay...

dude trying to sing like Lennon lmao

What drugs are you on to think he sounds like Lennon?

>All these tracks that weaken the album:
>Martha My Dear
I will kill you with my bare hands

>weaken
Why? They sound excellent.

Also
>half of 30 is 7

what do you mean by "weaken"?

pet sounds, highway 61 revisited, blonde on blonde, the psychedelic sounds of the 13th floor elevators, electric ladyland, anything by the byrds or the kinks or the who/the obvious american-inspired london scene...i mean the beatles were almost a cover band

I said TRYING TO not SUCCEEDING
GOD

Ok, what drugs are you on that makes you think their musical or vocal styles are anywhere similar?

Fine not half, but the album feels uneven. Those tracks seem cheesy and mediocre trash and it's mixed in with some phenomenal tracks with filler in between. There's a perfect single album in there but as it stands in it's double album form it's a bit of a mess, but a mess that still manages to stand as an 8/10. It broke ground but sunk in parts whilst doing it. Abbey Road, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, Rubber Soul and even perhaps Hard Day's Night and Let It Be feel like more polished and rounded albums.

>pet sounds
Rubber Soul came out a year before it
>highway 61 revisited, blonde on blonde
What Beatles album sounds like these?
>the psychedelic sounds of the 13th floor elevators
What Beatles album sounds like this?
>electric ladyland
Revolver came out before it
>anything by the byrds or the kinks or the who/the obvious american-inspired london scene.
A Hard Days Night came out before it.

Nice try though.

>Fine not half,
Nice backpedaling
>but the album feels uneven.
I don;'t like all of the songs =\= uneven
>Those tracks seem cheesy
Why?
>and mediocre trash
How so?
>with filler in between.
Songs I dont like =/= filler
>in it's double album form it's a bit of a mess
That's the point.

rubber soul was admittedly influenced by bob dylan's acoustic material in a time when bob dylan was already venturing into electric territory..he was always a step ahead

revolver is watered down pet sounds

their le psychedelicz era is entirely inspired by san francisco, and also watered it down

a hard days night is literally boyband-core

get your chronology in order before you dispute shit you fanboy over

If you don't like Ob la di ob la da you are likely a joyless person without a soul

I enjoy it sometimes, but just because something is enjoyable does not make it good.

If we're looking at the album as "The Work", then something enjoyable like Ob-la-di could play an important role even if it isn't the most sophisticated piece of songwriting

>rubber soul was admittedly influenced by bob dylan's acoustic material
Rubber Soul was not an acoustic album, so this is irrelevant.
>revolver is watered down pet sounds
Show me a song on Pet Soudns that soudns like Tomorrow Never Knows or Love You too
>their le psychedelicz era is entirely inspired by san francisco, and also watered it down
Reveler came out before it. nice try.
>a hard days night is literally boyband-core
How so?
>get your chronology in order before you dispute shit you fanboy over
Not an argument and you still haven't refuted what I said.

>just because something is enjoyable does not make it good.
Since that's the purpose of music, you are incorrect

literally read any material on the recording of rubber soul and get proven wrong by the band itself

>tomorrow never knows
>muh tape delay

revolver in no way even resembled a 10/10 psychedelic album

>Not backpedalling, I just exaggerated at first and then politely corrected myself.
>Yes, I don't like the songs. McCartney got some music that seems like it's for old people on there and Lennon got some under-produced stuff on there. I feel a lot of the songs are forgettable but it's still a really good album.
>I don't think it being a mess was the point, I think they wanted to make a masterpiece and only succeeded in parts but failed in others.

>literally read any material on the recording of rubber soul and get proven wrong by the band itself
Non sequitur
>revolver in no way even resembled a 10/10 psychedelic album
Non sequitur

rubber soul is the best album

and youre an idiot if you think otherwise

Whom are you quoting?

>I don't like it, so it's bad!
Not how it works
>music that seems like it's for old people
Actual music criticism, please
>Lennon got some under-produced stuff on there
What's wrong with that? The production serves the song. He wanted a more live-sound after making what he perceived as a series of over-produced albums.
>I don't think it being a mess was the point
You clearly haven't researched the album

this is true
source: am a genius and my favorite Beatles album is rubber soul

they both have english accents and guess who did it first

Rubber Soul is better

Pet Sounds is better than any album the Beatles put out.

George Formby
It's just my opinion. I feel the album is unbalanced. Abbey Road was their best album in my opinion, they had achieved a great sound by then. White Album feels like an experiment. I've watched the Anthology documentary, George Martin also felt the album could've been better by stripping certain tracks. You can feel it's a masterpiece but to me it's not but still an 8/10.

Ok now give me a real reason.
By that logic every british singer would be copying every british singer.

How are Lennon and Bowie's styles connected?

>It's just my opinion.
Not what we are discussing

Please research what you are listening to before you make asinine declarations

>I've watched the Anthology documentary, George Martin also felt the album could've been better by stripping certain tracks.
Remind me again what Paul said about it? I forgot.

Bowie said he got that from Syd Barrett (who, by the way, released an album which trumps everything the Beatles had done at that time).

Madcap Laughs was not better than any Beatles album. The crazy fucker couldn't even play to a band.

>Remind me again what Paul said about it? I forgot.
Paul said "It was great. It sold. It's the bloody Beatles' White Album. Shut up!" which is a childish bloody comment considering a lot of shit has sold, not that this is by any means shit as a whole.
>'How do any of you not think'
That sounds like a discussion of opinions and why we feel them on this album.

>couldn't
wouldn't more like

pet sounds is good but it is incredibly dated sounding. very few bands from this period sound as "modern" as the beatles. brian wilson made music looking back at the past; the beatles made music looking forward and this is why they are so revered today.

they were also much more eclectic. pet sounds has a very unified sound, almost to a fault, where the songs start to blur together a bit. the beatles helped educate the public a bit about styles of music that they were ignorant of, chiefly indian classical music. i love pet sounds and smile, but i really don't think brian wilson or the beach boys are of comparable importance to the history of music.

>Paul said "It was great. It sold. It's the bloody Beatles' White Album. Shut up!"
Weird how you discounted that
>That sounds like a discussion of opinions and why we feel them on this album.
Why offer your opinion if it has not factual basis to it?

>elevators
God Tier

>the beatles helped educate the public a bit about styles of music that they were ignorant of, chiefly indian classical music.
lmao

>lmao
not an argument

Maybe, a robert

the beatles, abbey road and sgt. pepper's are that surely part of the top 10 albums of all time

Beatles too whimpy, i prefer genesis... Luke. Oh obi...

It is. It definitely is. I listened to this album twice today and open Sup Forums to see this. Do I need to say I was overjoyed? I doubt it.

The songs that seem "fillerish" at first few listens become more and more meaningful and great sounding with repeated listens. Some that I hated in the beginning are now my favorite. I think there's no better double album in the world.

Too much crap mixed with the good shit. Should have been a single album.

>DUDE HONEY LMAOOOOOO

topkek

only the filler is good

I like the songs back in the u.s.s.r, bungalow bill, while my guitar gently weeps, rocky raccoon and revolution 9, but other than that the other songs are pretty good, but not a favorite.

Bungalow bill is pretty catchy in my opinion.

I feel like they honestly could have produced one of the greatest albums of all time if they were to trim some of the fat and make a much more solid album, but as a huge fan, the more material, the better.

literally just make a playlist with the songs you don't like removed. this isn't the 60's where you'd have to manually skip the tracks you don't like each time. only time shit like this is annoying is when the tracks segue into eachother like on abbey road

>>Wild Honey Pie
This is just a link track between to proper songs. No problem.
>>I Will
Excellent chord sequence and melody, classic love song. Have you never been in love?
>>Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
This is just a link track between to proper songs. No problem.
>>Honey Pie
Excellent chord sequence, melody and jazz guitar playing.
>>Don't Pass Me By
C'mon, it's Ringo!
>>The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Great song, a fable-ballad. It's singalong fun.
>>Martha My Dear
Excellent piano playing and chord sequence. The middle eight is great as well.

No, I fucking love The White Album in it's entirety. I'm only saying that it'd be much better regarded if they trimmed the lesser songs and put out a single album instead.

>I'm only saying that it'd be much better regarded if they trimmed the lesser songs and put out a single album instead.
It's so well regarded *because* it's this massive, double album of great songs that seem like a puzzle that doesn't fit together

That's exactly right and that's also what I love about it.
But I still think the general opinion would be that The White Album was the greatest Beatles record if they were to release it as a single album and maybe Abbey-Road some of the "filler" tracks together.

>But I still think the general opinion would be that The White Album was the greatest Beatles record if they were to release it as a single album
No, it's not the general opinion. You'd be wrong.
>some of the "filler" tracks together.
What filler tracks?

Your top 10 songs from this album RIGHT NOW

No particular order:
>Back in the U.S.S.R.
>Happiness Is a Warm Gun
>I'm So Tired
>Blackbird
>Rocky Raccoon
>Julia
>Sexy Sadie
>Helter Skelter
>Revolution 1

Because fuck any double album that isn't Exile on Main Street. Their best work was Rubber Soul, Revolver, and Sgt. Peppers. Other albums of theirs are still enjoyable for a full listen but those three in particular have the best combination of high average song quality and even track distribution.

>no cry baby cry
not memeing: kys

Martha My Dear
Julia
Dear Prudence
Long, Long, Long
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
Mother Nature's Son
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I'm So Tired
Cry Baby Cry
Helter Skelter

>If it's not perfect, it's not worth listening too!
And you mentioned The Rolling Stones?

Album would flow much better like this:

Side 1
>Back in the USSR
>Dear Prudence
>Rocky Raccoon
>Yer Blues
>I'm So Tired
>Black Bird

Side 2
>Helter Skelter
>Happiness is a Warm Gun
>Sexy Sadie
>Cry Baby Cry
>Long, Long, Long
>Goodnight

To rock-based, missing too may good songs.

>missing too may good songs
this is what happens every time someone tries to make a White Album single album edit, it's because it's best as a double album.

True, but sacrifices had to be made

I've never sat down and really pondered my top 10 albums because it seems to be a fluid list. I love the white album though. One of the Beatles' best.

>had to be made
It didn;t. Just keep it as it is