Any of you fags ever done Muay Thai? Thinking I might try and find a gym near me and get into it

Any of you fags ever done Muay Thai? Thinking I might try and find a gym near me and get into it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_3F6Zwbp9E#t=110
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're planning on competing then you must hate yourself.

Nah, not really looking to compete. Just kinda want to use it as a way to get more in shape, learn how to fight, and be able to spar.

> Not doing wing chun

lol Wing chun.

Hey bro, name a form of choreographed dancing, that entertains autists watching it on TV, but has no practical use.

Fact: The UFC proved that 99% of martial arts are bullshit meant to impress weebs.

Then you're solid. just find a decent gym with a good instructor or 2. Nothing to be scared about. lots of exercise and good fun.

it's pretty hard man, i tried for a few weeks

unless you can go for 5 km runs without coughing up a lung id give it a miss. Its completely aerobic dependent.

yes OP, honestly dont, does not train you properly, train your mind first. ie meditation or some bs

i've been doing it for a bit over a year and i fucking love it
great combo of fitness and self-defense
train hard enough for a long enough time and you'll be able to kick ass (but doesnt mean its impossible to get yours kicked as well)
any questions about it?

>learn how to fight, and be able to spar.

You dont spar in mauy thai, you clinche at close range, it's a type of hugging.

You really need to get in shape BEFORE starting btw.

Try boxing for a while (for the core skills in throwing a punch, so you dont sprain your wrist like most noobs), and combine with jogging. It will give you the basic foundation for starting kickboxing later.

The UFC proved that people are still stupid enough to fall for the PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING scam.

you know nothing
>gloves

yah i have important question, John wayne parr, does his wife have noods out?

Name a ninja that excells in the UFC.

how about someone who does ninjitsu that has won a fight without relying on BJJ or collegiate wrestling

Hii, trained for 10 years..
Iron fist/Brisbane muay thai.
Had over 40 fights. Hold Australian and world titles.

AMA

kek her wife is getting fat nowadays i think but nudes of her in her prime wouldve been nice

This guy knows what's up.
I fucking love Muay Thai and kickboxing.
One of my good friends is a BJJ brown belt but he co owns an MMA gym with a great MT instructor. I only pay for the full ride to go to the MT/ kickboxing classes.
That being said, in terms of self defense, I would go to an MMA gym to shut down grapplers. Other than that, MT rule set is the best.

Do it!!!!!

Lol what? You can do it without being in shape. Literally walk in and any good gym will teach you techniques first as you get fit before throwing you in the deep end.. Don't do boxing first. It'll fuck up your thai

if u can find mauy boran take it instead, mauy thia teaches boxing not street defence

Lol.... Jasmin will be prime in a few years...feel sorry for whoever tries to hit that.

Jwp is the man. I had a fight on his cmt production

lol i dont think u get it
the point is to kill not win a belt u kike

Why are you lying on the Internet?

Dont spar???

Fuck no. We spar at different intensities. Every day. Every day. Sunday is invitational. We go to other gyms and spar and vice versa. It's competitive, but a very friendly community. We get the odd asshole. But they dont last.

I'm already doing a decent amount of running and lifting, so I'm in decent shape, but I would definitely pick it up more before I got started. I don't have any experience with combat sports whatsoever though, so I would wanna know if May Thai is the right place to start. I'll have to consider starting with boxing I guess.

I'm not, anything else?

Kinda true. I keep getting leg kicked because everytime i go to throw a punch i jump into a boxing stance, but it doesnt necessarily mean boxing will fuck up your thai. On the contrary, it will help sharpen up your punches, footwork and general movement

until u get punche in the face and it just goes up and up lol

Well.. If your gym is any good they'll teach you sound boxing as a part of muay thai. Ultimately you'll find a gym that does

Mma, muay thai, boxing and jitsu. So just do them all and you'll be fit as fuck and be able to defend yourself

Yeah, the gym I was looking into looked like it had a great beginners program, and I'm much more interested in MT than boxing.

How long have you held these titles.

Also how fit are you.

Yea, it'll whip you into shape. Pretty challenging.

Man one of Muay Thais greatest concepts apart from belt system striking arts and Kung fu is that we spar every day.
If you cant take a punch in the face...
Learn defense.

Sure there are some days you go home literally punch drunk. You wake up in the morning with drool in your pillow... You forget things. Then you realize that your defense is shit and you work on it.

dubs is me. any tips on how to throw better punches without having to stick my lead leg out and get it chopped to shit by low kicks?

They should take you anyway. Our classes have muay thai then later in the evening have fighters classes. We normally help train the beginners with there techniques.

I won my first title hmm 2007/08?as for my fitness, I run 5-10km and do 15-30 rounds at 70% (pulled body/head kicks)

youtube.com/watch?v=9_3F6Zwbp9E#t=110

Set it up? Jab jab leg kick temp/hook

all those tiny concussions gonna huant you one day user. any way mauy thia is not self defence its a sport.
>PRO TIP not getting hit is key
> gloves

LOL using UFC as your standard. UFC is fucking shit. too many rules for a real fight. I mean ffs, they lost all respect when they had gracie and and shamrock fick a no time limit match and broke them up to re-stand them because the crows up fucktards boo'd.

Hey cunt, Ausfag here. Trained in a Muay Thai gym for 4-5 years 3-4 days a week. Incredible way to stay in shape and taught me everything I needed to know about fighting (well, at least the striking side of things). That being said though, it also teaches you respect for people and for yourself.

wing chun was created by a chick who had to fight off horse thieves. it's also the core of bruce Lee's foundational training.
It doesn't really matter what style you study, the fight is in the soul.

do you even muay boran

In MT do they have you spar right off the bat?

its in the eyes, manslayer

actually it does matter what you study. thats just stupid to say otherwise. even bruce lee talked shit about wing chun saying it was too flawed. thus he came up with his style which pulls from other styles. you know what they call that? MMA

I know user. Please dont lecture. You don't know me. I appreciate the concern. Defense is 50% of fighting. But i can take my punches. They're not that bad. I realized after a couple of months into it that all I cared about was offense. It hurt my pride to get scored on. I also didnt want neurodegenerative disorders.
What kind of gym doesn't use gloves?

Secondly, gloves are more to protect the fist, obviously not the opponent. The only 4 ounce gloves we use are for the pros in my gym. Fuck that. Those I cant take at all.

no, the issue is not that I cant throw a low kick, its that when I start punching I put most of my weight on my front leg so when someone goes to throw a low kick at me i can't check it because it takes too long to shift the weight back to my back leg and lift the front one

make sure you know who you are learning from or this can be you.

What's wrong with wanting to compete?

dont know how u train but try gloveless bag work if you dont already, really teaches you how to punch the the glove protects your opponent and not your hand/wrist

Steve Jennum. UFC 3 champion

When your punching it's always going to have weight on the front leg.. You just have to practice combinations. They won't sweep your front leg if your, a. Throwing punches in bunches. B, not just throwing punches.

Obviously in thai you stand more upright when throwing.

Start stretching, unless you can already kick above a persons head while standing

Get a post. A nice 5inch round fence post, about eight foot long. Put three foot of said post in ground. Get half inch to one inch thick rope. Lots of rope. You will need enough to wrap around post four times for a two foot space, (layer rope four layers). Depending on your time frame: kick post with shin, punch, elbow, forearm smash, and knee at the rope. Do this until you cannot do it any more, then do it some more. After 3 months remove layer of rope, repeat kicking and punching. After 3 months remove next layer and ect. ect. This is a four seasons post and now your best and only friend. When you aren't learning form or education, you are staring this post down, and kicking it in the teeth. When your mad, kick the post, when you are happy, kick the post, when you are horny, kick the post. If the God damn world is about to fucking explode, kick the fucking post. Get some bio-freeze and some crutches. Good luck faggot

Lol no. Think about it. Most of the smallest bones in your body are in your feet... AND HANDS. I'm nit wasting my time conditioning my fists.
I know how to punch. Poor form leads more likely to broken wrist.

Fighting outside the gym will get me kicked out of my gym, unless I had to defend myself. That being said, I'd rather use my wrestling in a street fight. I've been doing wrestling since I was 8 years old.

I'll win a game of bloody knuckles hitting a brick wall. never liked the gloves, probably why i left or maybe im just a beta cuck who knows

So what if you've been wrestling since you were 8

I've been taking shits my whole life but I wouldnt rely on it Im just ok at shitt

The wrap protects your "hand/wrist", the gloves prevents the tendons running over your knuckles from snapping in half from repeated abuse. Gloveless bags are...only very special types of people seem to use them.

i used to wear wraps only on wraps on bags, that was in a muay thia class. when i started kick boxing i ran no wraps on bags.the kick boxing was pretty much street fighting lol

I was attempting to convey the idea of the danger of bareknuckle fighting. I have unfortunately have had to use grappling in streetfights. My parents almost lost their house because I put a kid in a coma slamming them in the concrete. At least I didnt break my wrist!

i broke mine, now i where a fucking wrist guard to sk8

Just don't start fights

kicking tips anyone?

i just cant seem to get it.

turn you hip over, and doing leap frogs across yuur gym to get jacked thighs

Muay thai is great. In fact i belive it´s the best striking oriented martial art: you learn to punch, kick, how to knee or how to smash some fag´s head with your elbows, you learn clinch fighting and even some takedowns. It´s a fucking great sport and you can get a great body by doing it.

I'm also a homosexual who enjoys having sex with men, welcome to the club!