What is actually a safe volume to listen to music through headphones

what is actually a safe volume to listen to music through headphones

i don't want tinnitus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Mfbs_I-fjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just a notch below "too loud"

get proper in-ears and you won't even have to turn up the volume very much to hear everything

less than 85 db

I already have tinnitus, so I usually keep it at this volume to avoid making it worse.

if you die without tinnitus you never lived

>swans
>harsh noise

thats still pretty loud

18 is good enough senpai

>if you die without getting aids you never lived

if you're gay this is kinda true

>using condoms
lmao

I usually tap out at around 65% volume, and I never listen for more than an hour without taking a 30 minute break.

>I never listen for more than an hour
pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=5Mfbs_I-fjE

really depends on what do you use to listen to it

Keep it around 10 or under for most things. Some things are mastered a lot quieter or louder though so you have to adjust.

When you're alone or somewhere quiet it's pretty easy to keep the volume low. The problem is when you're in a car or on a plane or somewhere with a lot of loud noise. Then you really want to get something noise cancelling otherwise you can't hear without blasting the volume at a ridiculous level.

i usually keep my volume anywhere between 2% and 10%

>anything more than 1

pleb

I set my volume to 10 or 12, and then for lo-fi or shoegaze or noise rock up to 14/16

are these gums pleb

>not being a dog
>not holding a magnetized safety pin up to a spinning record while leaning in

I have an amplifier, about 10 o'clock on the dial, depends on the song.

>Sup Forums
>girlfriend

Just play on 100 and then turn down until your ears no longer hurt

In college we were told no higher than "40%"

shit, i took that pic
she didn't right swipe me even though I had she loves us as my anthem :((((:(((((

Have fun with that tinnitus.

don't listen to this

16 on windows and 60% on android
with good headphones you can go lower, but I'm broke and have tinnitus anyway

>tinnitus
nice meme

swans live no earplugs

how dare you

you will go deaf if you did that. Especially during the last song.

Probably smaller than what you think is okay

what's the point of playing so loud that people have to wear plugs to make it less loud

i drove home deaf and watched a fellow concertgoer in front of me almost die in an intersection

That's painful to think of. I was at the very front with ear plugs and even then it was incredibly loud.

Am I fucked or what? 20% volume is way too low for me, it's good for casual listening, but if I wanna get really into it, I like it at 40 or 50.

I have gone to 80% multiple times. I have the HD 598s and they're a little lower in volume than past cans I've had, but they get pretty loud
I don't have tinnitus.

For my music players though, I tend to leave their volume slider at around -6db so it's not full stop, basically that little grey bar in windows that shows levels being outputted never goes above 45%

100% when I'm alone
200% when I boost the bass
5% when other people are around

I try never to surpass 50%. On my audio interface, I keep the volume around 6 o' clock.

I've already got tinnitus and literally never remember a time I didn't
you get used to it after awhile

I use sennheisers too and my volume is usually around 50, I think they might just be quieter than other cans but I don't have much to compare them to

I drove home spazzing like a fanboy because I got to chat with Michael

I swear with the exact same volume with the no difference in the level of outside noise or whatever, music sounds louder later in the day.

At 11am I would generally crank it up to 20, but by 11pm, 12 volume is okay.

Is this a thing or am I just retarded?

I kind of regret not staying after to meet him, but that car crash was quite the sight

More exhaustion = more irritability
It's human nature

Congrats, you're ugly. :)

in retrospect i had terrible pics back then
body was less in shape and I had some shitty moustache going on

If it sounds sensitive to your ears it probably is, and if you can't tell don't go above 60 and wear earphones at concerts

reminder that tinnitus isn't real and everyone claiming to have it is just a special tumblr snowflake

>already have tinnitus
:^)

Out of all the things to be skeptical/don't accept, why this?

21 on windows is as high as ill go

This thread is making me paranoid about having spent many hours listening to Death Grips at 50%+ volume

faggots being baited for no reason by this reply, it isn't about "le noise", their music is brickwalled, is the point I'm making.

Is that with volume sliders on your music players/video players at 100% or do you have those lowered?

>setting your volume above 10
>ever

kek, nice weak ears fags

anything higher than 1/3 of that bar is pretty bad, i only go to 1/2 of it when i need to use the metronome

yeah those stay at 100%

you guys should invest in those musician specific earplugs as well

I listen to mine on 8 desu.

Aren't people listening at volumes this low just missing a ton of detail in the sound at some point?

I don't understand, don't you wanna crank the volume up when you're listening to something amazing?

with a decent pair of headphones, you wouldn't need loud volume to pick up on the minute details

>DirecTV mobile service

what the fuck?

I usually leave at 58% to 68%, but I had to listen to Blackstar at 100% because it was mixed to low.

It hurts though. If I want to hear detail I turn on my amp/speakers.

Hurts above fucking 8? I've done 80 and I don't have tinnitus yet

Not really, with good headphones you don't need to go that high.

This is serious Sup Forums, the one thing people here obsess about is listening to or playing music so please keep your ears safe!

>you can only listen to one genre of music

Sensitive ears fahm

Anything Sup Forums likes is harsh noise

i had to go to hospital to pull some shit from my ear because i wore those earphones to sleep every night listening to volume above 30. after they finished the procedure, for some reason i felt really dizzy and almost fainted on spot. now i never go above 20

>these people keeping the volume this low
50 of the ideal listening volume. You fuckers listening at 20 or some shit PS me off. How the fuck can you even keep enjoyment out of that?

100 or kys

Depends on my surrounds but if I'm ina quiet place I get uncomfortable if the music is too loud

I listen at very loud levels and I get a ton of ear-wax I've noticed. Maybe I should ask my doctor to take a look in my ears.

This thread is making me worried about the way I treat my ears. I never really thought about it.

yea you should, after that shit happened to me and i changed my listening habits (prioritize speakers over headphones) i get way less wax and rarely needs to clean my ear

yup, using cheap Panasonic earbuds on my iPhone I have the volume marker at the fast forward button (85%ish), but using Monoprice IEMs I have to lower it to around 60% and my over-ears are somewhere in between

I was wondering this too, I think my volume is so high b/c I'm using an old iPhone/iOS and cheaper earphones

really makes u think...........

how rare are people like this on tinder? I'd assume that 90% of girls have Drake as their anthem, and that 90% of guys have no idea what she's talking about

I keep it one click above unhearable. I'm really terrified of hearing loss tho, so I'm probably just paranoid.

>listening to pop music
>not pleb
okay then

mp3 player volume max, speaker/headphone volume 8%
on my psp I usually have it almost maxed out though

I listen to music at 20-25 on windows and about 65% on my phone. What are my chances of getting tinnitus?

why is it so different between your computer and your phone? dont you use the same earphone?

pretty rare
also lots of blink 182 type anthems

They are roughly the same volume. I listen to music slightly louder on my phone to drown out background noises.

If you want to live this life, you have to accept tinnitus as an eventuality. There is no avoiding it. I don't wanna hear shit when I'm 80 anyway.

I've listened to music with my apple earpods at 85% volume multiple times, my default is 65%

How fucked are my ears gonna be?

Didn't realize tinder had a music thing now
Does it still need Facebook?

not at all see

like 70-80%

i can hear -6dB but that doesn't mean i want to listen to music at a whisper

>apple earpods

Those tinny packed garbage pieces are determined to kill ears. Lucky for you iphone volume outputs are shit.

yes

I did Boris with no earplugs. I am NOT deaf but I think I regret my decision. Hopefully I'll be alright 20 years from now.

Can someone explain the need for AMPs/DACs since it seems like everyone here is determined to listen to music at whisper levels.

What do you need the extra power for then?

>I am NOT deaf
maybe you are a bit since you start shouting in the middle of a sentence

What?

This is too ironic to have naturally occurred.

so it fills the venue