Have you ever smelled a dead body? I haven't, but I hear it's life changing. Any stories?

Have you ever smelled a dead body? I haven't, but I hear it's life changing. Any stories?

>but I hear it's life changing.
You need better hearing.

Never worked a badly decomposed one, but I've seen a lot of gunshot wounds. They all smell different

I haven't but my dad has. Him and his brother found a dead body on their deer lease. My dad threw up nonstop and still can't eat ribs to this day but his brother was fine and spoke to the police and all but he's been homeless and a carney his whole life and has probably seen some shit.

Can you elaborate?

it smells fucking horrid
but its supposed to, its an evolutionary thing

like smegma x 1000

like ear butter (that bacteria those fags with gauged ears get) x 10000

like OP's mom's twat, x 4

I work with the Sheriffs Office as contracted hospital police for the county hospital near where i live and have smelled many a corpse in my years there. Nothing like the one in OP's pic but 4-8 days dead in the morgue and the coroners auxiliary office on campus.
It smells like a nasty, filthy public restroom at a park in the summer heat, smeared with the nastiest most putrid feces you could ever imagine. Depending on how they died, they might smell different. i.e. burns, drowning, massive blood loss, ect..

My mother didn't smell any differently when i found her dead in her bedroom. I sort of wonder whether the whole "a person pisses and shits themselves when they die" is just something that SOMETIMES happens, or often times happens, but it isn't guaranteed. Because she smelled normal. Except she smelled like beer because she died of alcohol overdose.

A lot of guys who get shot are drunk, so you may smell alcohol, or if there's a lot of blood you can smell copper. Sometimes they shit themselves, so the crime scene smells like a giant turd

Dead animals, no humans as far as I know. Just know how dead shit smells, didn't change my life.

Couple of DOAs from EMT shit. smell varied depending on what the season was and how long theyve been dead for. I wasn't on this call, but my mate swears that the guy must've been dead for at least a week in this summer's heat. Can't imagine how rancid that must've been

my dad also smelled normal, dead 6-8 hours when I found him

>My dad threw up nonstop and still can't eat ribs to this day

I responded to a house where an old lady lived with like 100 cats. It smelled live someone had died but the lady was fine. After that experience I always have a gas mask in my patrol car

Human = animal.

If you have smelled a dead animal it's going to be basically the same.

Like garlic and butter?

This OP. Now burned human flesh? Whole different ballgame.

I used to intern with a ME's office, and there was one really bloated woman who stunk like rancid feces.

The gas buildup in her digestive tract caused her abdomen to burst, so then she smelled like rancid feces and rotten roast beef

The smell of rotting flesh is almost sweet.If it wasn't for the putrid meat stench. You don't forget that smell. Nothing really compares to it, aside from another rotting corpse.

i have worked in a cemetery ( i have plenty of stories about it) and the smell is like mustard and sugar, its super strong and you just cant forget it

ye. at the crematory in a cemetary.
it smells like shit, get some meat like a steak and burn it you'll see

>Any stories?
>be me 21 years old
>drunk af
>go outside and smell what I thought was sewage
>jump to 4 days later...
>apartment complex apologizes for the smell and explains that it was a rotting corpse
>a neighbor died on his balcony and nobody noticed for nearly a week
>we all thought it was sewage stinking up the place
lol

I've seen a lot of dead bodies. I couldn't find my photo of this junkie who died in an abandon house and an animal chewed his face off and he'd been there for months. Also, had another junkie who had maggots all over him.. You could hear them moving from the next room. *Squish* *Squish.*

Here's a gun shot victim.

The people in that apartment know how to party.

"We just assumed frank was really REALLY hung over."

I used to work at a funeral. Shot was cash, 1-2 dead people a day, 5-9 a week

Why are the eyes covered?

Shit* I'm on mobile.

So she doesn't steal your soul.

What the fuck is she gonna do with a soul? Play parcheesi together in her rotting husk?

like sickengly sweet. like sugar in curdled milk that permeates with a hint of like bile or stomach acid. was only like 3 days old, but was left in heat.

Come alive and do stuff..

Are those white/blue things electrodes? Why are they on her?

>2016
>still believing in souls

I'm an EMT. Had one guy that was dead for approximately 2 weeks inside his non airconditioned home in the AZ heat, smelled pretty bad but once you're near it long enough you get used to it. It doesn't stop smelling bad, but it's not vomit inducing. The worst is that it gets stuck on your clothes, hair, everything. Personally I don't think it smells worse than bums who haven't showered in months and months and remove articles of clothing. Holy shit that is rancid.

lack of feels makes me wonder

Medics do an ecg and sometimes even aed even when they're obviously dead, only a doc can pronounce them

Cool

She died doing what she loved.

Being a nigger

I pick up dead bodies for a living. Decomps are pretty common. They have a hot, thick smell. Almost like a rotten cheese. You actually get used to the smell pretty fast and just learn to work with it.
When you move them you often release even more gases which either come out as farts or groans from their mouths. This is especially hilarious when the officer on scene are pussies because they run like little bitches when the corpse start making noise.
The smell isnt the worst part, though. The worst part is the purge fluid. The body swells as bacteria eats away at it and the internal organs and fats liquefy. The skin becomes loose and this fluid collects under the outer layer of skin just like a blister. Depending on temp and how long a body has been sitting, you might pop them when you move them into a bad and purge fluid goes everywhere. It has the consistency of oil (since its basically human fat grease) and is a pain to clean off.

Maggot masses (you can se ethem on OP's pick) can contain so many maggots all feeding and moving around that they will actually raise the temp and cause decomp to occur faster.
I like move the bodies them make the maggots race for their food.

I smell bullshit. In my profession ive seen numerous dead bodies. Depends on how long they have been dead, where, how ect. Worst was a guy stuck on a fence, old feller who died push, most of his skin had come away from his body. Doesnt phase me.

All the shit you'd imagine but what's unexpected is the acidic undertone slightly like vomit

I'm 30 years old, she died when i was 12. I've had time to get over it.

I ran into a hooker once who was walking down the road with no pants. Possibly the worst thing I've ever smelled.

Well that doesn't really count as an obvious sign of death so I wouldn't be surprised if they worked her if the downtime was unknown, but judging by her positioning they didn't and just wanted to see if there was any electrical activity going on. We can pronounce in the field if there are things such as rigor mortis, lividity, decapitation, or basically the removal of any vital organs (at least where I'm from)

Stories plox?

>My dad threw up nonstop and still can't eat ribs to this day

I'm sorry, but I laughed way to god damn hard at this.

do u ever fiddle the bodies? do a lil whip whap with your paddle? uknow

Moar?

Nah, but i like to think that I just haven't found the right one yet.
It's mostly junkies, old people, and fat asses.

True, she may have been alive when the medics came out. An example of what I was thinking of was I time I drove up on a hit and run, the victim's brain was coming out of her skull and her torso was crushed. I ended up getting bitched at for pronouncing her over the radio.

i can relate
Once when i was really young my older cousin was showing me Jeffrey Dahmer crime scene pictures (while they are pretty tame, I was young)
I couldn't eat hot pockets for many years after

Pic related, the one that turned me off hot pockets

hmm pictures

I see no point in dwelling on the past. He's dead, and I'm never seeing him again, and that's that. I chose not to mourn his death, but to celebrate his life. Just a different perspective I suppose

depends on the amount of time they've been dead

The real question is, can he still eat steak?

thats not the question

Also I didn't see it was a confirmed GSW, my bad.

Yeah we had two firefighters get demoted from medic and engineer to regular firefighters (lucky it wasn't worse) cause they called a guy who had brain matter leaking out of his head. Coroner called FAO to have the FD sent BACK to the scene. The dude still had a pulse the whole time. Obviously died, but it's the principle. Pretty dumb, but it is what it is.

x Rescue / Recovery Diver for the state....Its a smell you never forget

depending on the amount of time they've been dead it's the wrong question.

Yes, and it's not life-changing if you're not a complete faggot. I've smelled burned bodies, decomposed bodies, bodies that have only been dead a couple days and they shit themselves. The worst I've smelled was a queef from a prostitute that was dead for a couple week and the coroner pulled the tampon out.

My dogs love it. They wont leave me alone when I come home from a decomp

He was asking people

>Have you ever smelled a dead body? I haven't, but I hear it's life changing. Any stories?

emt?

you guys use the term spooge?

sorry. no. google photos didn't back up my junkie photos. Only have her left, car accidents and drugs. Here's a crack cookie and some other shit.

>The worst I've smelled was a queef from a prostitute that was dead for a couple week and the coroner pulled the tampon out.

That would be top quality Sup Forums material if there was a video or even pics

I thought you were talking about the wounds themselves

Not in reference to bodies

spooge was all the critters and shit that oozed out of the body after we stokes it and brought it to shore

yes
and a recently dead body doesn't smell any different than the person did.
it depends on a lot of factors, time, humidity and heat, location of death.

Just know OP i reported your thread to the fbi watchlist so look out asshole

when we was looking for a stinker in a lake or pond often times you could taste them unless you wore a full face mask

Kek

stay strong guys

yes.
preserved - first week of med school
fresh - second year.

its like the smell of a fresh steak of beef. until they cut the intestines, then it smells like shit.

then the smells mix and a new smell is born. its quite distinct.

nothing really too bad about it unless you think too much about it.

what really smells is amniotic fluid and placentas.
that stuff is body temperature until it comes out.
its like a faint smell of urine mixed into the smell of fresh blood and that raw steak smell.

that shit is really bad.

Does he got the booty? He do.

Decomps are just a pain in the ass. The only floaters I've had were all freshly dead and were on shore by the time I got there. I just bag 'em and take 'em to the coroner.

NY 2006 , apartment. Guy downstrairs dies. Starts to smell like farts. 1st week smells like sewage , second week smells like "wrong" and musky plums. His and my vent system was connected, house smelled for 2 months, closets were a gas chamber.

Fire/EMS here. Worked in a major city for just shy of five years, had at body every other week or so. Most bodies I've seen had only been dead for six to eight hours, and they don't smell anything different than they would have when they were alive. The smell is dependent on the person's health, diet, injury, and time until they were found.

>Burned bodies
Ever smelt someone burn their hair with a straightener or curler? How about someone burn a steak so bad it starts to charcoal over? Imagine both of those things, only 10x more intense.

>Vehicle accident
Usually respond to accidents pretty quickly, so no decomposing smell. Mostly blood and viscera. Blood, raw meat, and fat like you'd find on bacon. Bones that break the skin kind of have a fatty smell to them. A majority of the time, maybe 3/5ths of the time, all you can smell is blood and shit. The other times, its a mix of the aforementioned list.

>Decomposed bodies
After about two days, depending on the time of year, it gets pretty bad. Most gag. After a week, it gets absolutely putrid, and most of us go on recirculated air because taxpayers money. Imagine garbage sitting in the sun on a hot day. Sometimes it smells so bad it stings your eyes.

>Bodies in water
Imagine wet garbage. Only handled a few, but the 2-3 day old bodies smelled worse than the 2-3 week bodies because fish usually got to them and currents would take pieces off the skeleton.

Plenty of stories, if you want to know specifics.

Flight 3407, Clarence, NY. I pushed the carts in the morgue. Don't die on a plane guys.

YES. A LOT. NURSE IN OLD AGE HO,E.SOME TIMES THEY DIED ON HOT DAYS AND WEREN'T FOUND FOR 1/2 DAY. BAD SMELL.NOTHING TOO BAD

Yeah around here they didnt float til they were gas'd...water temp made all the diff...a 2 week old floater in 80 deg water we had to bag underwater because it was falling apart...never got the smell out of my gear

Car accidents are the best. Had a drunk guy who went the wrong way on the freeway until a semi stopped him.. Had to pull chunks of him out of the semi grill. HIs leg was on the other side of the freeway. Never found his right knee. Reassembled what we could in the bag and hauled him off.

i was contracted for a job at a mortuary and i saw and smelled a freshly cremated body

CAPS LOCK!!!

fuck u nigger.

had to pick up pieces after a suicide bomber blew up a bazzar

I feel your pain. Lost a few pairs of shoes on account of those smelly bastards,

We had an old woman who had been last seen 2 months prior. Almost mummified. Abdominal cavity still had rotten liquid in it but skin was mostly leather at that point. She was in the bathroom between the toilet and the tub. Had to grab an arm t pull her out. Her whole shoulder socket just came apart like a rotisserie chicken.
2nd time I accidentally ripped the arm off a corpse...

The only thing I've seen that holds a candle to mvas are industrial accidents. After you see a pair of breats explode you don't look at people the same way.

yeah we pulled a car out of the river and it was headless...one of the guys in out unit found the head in the back floor board he pulled it up and moved the jaw with his other hand and said Here I am fells...we split a side laughing

Damn. Always like to get photos hand to mouth as opposed to second hand on gore websites. New material and such

Had a guy who somehow got his head inside an industrial press.

Suicides can be messy, too. Shotguns or large caliber guns and I usually have to search for brain chunks.

pulled a corpse out of the ground had been hit by a jdam on a mountainside, his head had been smahed into his chest cavity and when we rolled his stanky ass over all his innerds just blobbed out... smelled so goddam bad i had to burn my uniform and get a new one

* the body was headless

We had a sedan packed with eight kids wreck on their way home from a funeral, none of them older than 20. Hit a 45mph rated turn at about 80mph, hit a ditch and rolled just further than our 200ft of 2.5inch hose wouldn't reach it on angle. One survivor, still lost his right leg. Arm and leg scavenger hunt in a field on a summer day isn't fun.

His mums been dead for over half his life, he's past the point of needing to stay strong

kek

Was just talking to the girls at the coroner earlier tonight about how I want a scene with a full decapitation. Closest I've had was an old dude who took a saw saw to his throat last thanksgiving.

Picked up a head from a motorcycle accident once. The cop I showed it to puked. The body and head smelled like aftershave. And shit. He was decapitated quickly, by a semi truck when he wrecked. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen or smelled.

Hanging and pills are really popular where I work. Makes things a lot easier.

Cops are always the first to get as far away from bodies as they can. Fucking pussies.