still don't understand how this pleb board considers sunbather better than this

the drumming alone on this shits on sunbather! what gives Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhK1we1PDiU
youtube.com/watch?v=ulRVcyIZVbY
youtube.com/watch?v=eYKJtJeVYyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both bands are hipster shite but at least HHH and his autism are hilarious

Both bands are cat vomit, but at least Deafheaven doesn't pretend it's not cat vomit

liturgy is a fantastic and innovative band. the casual plebs who make up the majority of the posters here are too incapable of critical thinking to appreciate the great music that they make.

everyone is too wrapped up in the social stigma surrounding hunter to even give the music the chance it deserves.

this is some next level shit that should knock any sensible music listener on their ass
youtube.com/watch?v=lhK1we1PDiU

Deafheaven is poo poo caca

HEY

>but at least Deafheaven doesn't pretend it's not cat vomit
what did he mean by this?

Is this a meme?

hunter is the average Sup Forums + /lit/ crossposter

eccentricities aside, he makes some amazing music. i will never understand why people are so triggered by him

idk his ig is amazing

I really like Aesthethica, it sounds like Swans + kabbalah + blast beats

Liturgy is fucking garbage. Stop being contrarians. You only hate Deafheaven because they're popular. They're not the greatest black metal band ever. They're not even the best American black metal band, but they're better than Liturgy.

hhh wants everyone to acknowledge him as a genius for changing the name blast beat to burst beat and to suck his dick while deafheaven is music from the soul and just wanna have a good time

I love this album.

Deafheaven is overrated because of their connections with that french fuck Neige.

The Way of Purity does this better. It's actually listenable.
youtube.com/watch?v=ulRVcyIZVbY

>Neige
Elaborate? I know they have ties to Converge, but I didn't know they were friends with Neige.

>a band is doing something interesting in this totally stagnant genre

i like both tbqh don't see how you think the liturgy one isn't listenable
care to elaborate

It doesn't even make sense that Deafheaven and Liturgy are compared so often. The only similarities they have going for them is that they both have elements of black metal and are loved by "hipsters".

don't really hear much of a similarity here t b h

this. fuck all the people who clump these two together. deafheaven is immeasurably worse than liturgy, and they sound nothing alike

Liturgy doesn't have a beat. I know HHH says that it's part of the music but when I listen to it comes across as lazy. AKA the drummer listens to free jazz once.

It does have a beat though. It's just not a simplistic 4/4 beat. Most of the time signatures on aesthethica are really weird and complex and they're always changing.

That doesn't make them lazy at all though. That's completely the opposite. Do you know how hard it is to write music in those times?

^THIS

>Shiturgy
>doing something interesting
This is what hipsters actually believe

shit is still boring senpai

>hipsters
>2017
dude are you serious

OK but real talk, no one here actually unironically likes either of those hipster ass albums, right?

see

I like that album.

Panopticon is my favorite out of American hipster BM but Aesthetica has a cool sound.

Hey retards, if you go into Aesthethica expecting black metal of course you're going to be disappointed

If you go in expecting fantastic minimalist compositions and steplock meditations then you'll probably adore it. The album wasn't made to serve the same purpose black metal does and I'm shocked at how many people don't see that

>Panopticon is my favorite
Darn user you were so close to having good taste

This is the only Liturgy that matters.

Liturgy isn't interesting.
this is though
youtube.com/watch?v=eYKJtJeVYyw

that album is some hot trash. yeah the idea is interesting but it sounds awful

Exactly

>2017
>Still talking about Sunbather
Holy shit Sup Forums

it's shit and people need to know

I enjoy both bands

>take away the vocals and its pretty much a Godspeed You! Black Emperor album
>it's shit

I enjoy both bands. Deafheaven is in my top 5 bands. They arent boring like the vast majority of black metal.

At some moments it does, but the entire album?

Don't steal my post

I can tolerate you saying that Liturgy isn't boring, because honestly there's a lot of goofy shit happening in it and that's entertaining, but Deafheaven is TREMENDOUSLY boring.

>pretty much a Godspeed You! Black Emperor album
make that an explosions in the sky album and you're right. and that's EXACTLY why it's shit.
2-3rd wave post-rock is uninspired, formulaic garbage. only completely musically illiterate plebs like it.