Hey Sup Forums whats your opinionon Mini coopers?

Hey Sup Forums whats your opinionon Mini coopers?
I was thinking of getting one for my first car.

Why are they called "mini's"

it's the brand

I personally like the way they look but like everything mercedes they're expensive to buy and maintain
if money isn't an issue for you, you could definitely do worse

like everything BMW*

Pretentious and hugely overpriced.

Don't buy it. Good cars, but too expensive to maintain, not worth the money. Made by BMW btw and not Mercedes...

They're okay. Overpriced for what they are because they're "trendy" but nice to drive. Great road handling and a good bit of power.

Electronics are prone to faults and it will make you look a bit of a faggot though.

What brand? Why mini?

>I was thinking of getting one for my first car.
don't
the new ones are made by BMW so the parts are expensive and the labor is difficult
but they aren't actual BMWs, so they don't have BMW's amazing warranty (bumper-to-bumper, drive train and routine maintenance included for something like 20 years)

and the older coopers are a constant project simply from the fact that they are so old

but if it weren't your first car, I would whole-heartedly recommend an old Mini
love me some small ass cars

Reliability is beyond awful. They're not for sporty cars otherwise, but it's not something you'll want outside of warranty.

Probably one of the few cars worth leasing instead of buying.

First caught I bought was a 2012 Mini Cooper. Before that I used my dad's old '93 Pontiac Bonneville. I love my Mini but the upkeep is a drain and they burn oil faster than other cars. It's a great little city car for my needs.

Originally Austin Mini, because it was a small car.
BMW bought the brand years later and made it bigger.

I have one of the old classic Mini Coopers. Taxes and insurance are low, and spares are very cheap. Decent fuel economy and no depreciation if you take care of it. So if you can use a wrench it's probably the cheapest car you can possible own. And the absolute cheapest way to get everyones attention while having a blast driving it.

Can't exactly say the same for the new ones. I like them a lot - they look a lot cooler than most new mid sized cars, and they are very nice and fun to drive. They are quite pricy however, both to buy and maintain. Also, they're everywhere, so no one will look twice, if you care about that stuff. Buy a used 2nd gen car to get the most bang for your buck and reduce depreciation. Or look into a Fiat 500 for another modern small car with not-boring looks and lots of driving pleasure.

So it's not really mini is it?

"MINI" is a brand. It no longer literally refers to the size of the car, but it pays homage to the original Mini hence the name. It's not that fucking difficult.

Are you one of those retards who bitches and complains on Facebook ads that the new cars are bigger than the old ones?

overpriced and unreliable. also tacky interior

>they burn oil faster than other cars
you've never owned an Eclipse
the oil pan gasket may as well be a sieve

because they were tiny cars
WERE

Why call it a mini when clearly it is not?
Stupid name

Any cars you guys reccomend for first time owner? I need something to be able to get some puzzi in

I've just explained that you fucking idiot.

It's a girl car

kek

Are you a girl or a fag? If so, then go ahead

>Any cars you guys reccomend for first time owner?
how old are you?

>I need something to be able to get some puzzi in
if you can't get pussy w/o a car, no car will do it for you

Just when you thought a retard couldn't get any more retardeder.

Actually there are a lot of girls for whom having your own car is a deal breaker.

and with those girls either the car doesn't matter, or they're gold digging whores that should be avoided at all costs

Can you work on cars? Or can you/do you want to learn how to do it?

> 18
> something i wont be embaressed to pick up a girl in.

Implying that being a gold gigging whore is any less noble than
>I need something to be able to get some puzzi in