>100m butterfly
>200m butterfly
>200m individual medley
>400m individual medley
>4x100m freestyle relay
>4x200m freestyle relay
>4x100m medley relay
>10km open water

reminder all this fucking bullshit should eliminated from the olympics except the last one. Why the FUCK do we need so many of these """""" events """""""
let me just get a gold medal for fapping 10 different ways motherfucker.

give me a single reason why not

because per capita

TRACK IS NOT A SPORT

>100m
>200m
>400m
>800m
>1500m
>5000m
>10000m
>4x100 relay
>4x400 relay
>110m hurdles
>400m hurdles
>marathon

reminder all this fucking bullshit should eliminated from the olympics except the last one. Why the FUCK do we need so many of these """""" events """""""
let me just get a gold medal for fapping 10 different ways motherfucker.

gotta add hurdles in there too

Why are there events for going the same distance more slowly? For track, there is 100m. Point A to Point B as fast as possible. In swimming, there is 100m Freestyle and three other events at the same distance to see who can go slower faster.

For track, the equivalent would be some shit like 100m sprint, 100m side shuffle, 100m backwards sprint, 100m no arms anime style

You forgot the 800 m freestyle.

Forgot walking and steeple chase.

They're engineering the types of races to suit America too.No 50m breaststroke so ENGLAND'S BRAVE ADAM PEATY is blocked from smashing the WR again and bringing another Gold home.

t. mid-twenties and never learned how to swim

You need to go back

Malaysia BOLEH

He's just a nignog that's pissed freestyle doesn't involve spitting hot fire.

the different running distances all use the same technique, swimming is literally 5 different techniques to swim the same distance.

Like anyone watches women's sport lels

Are you Mexican?

The strokes have different applications. The front crawl is the fastest but breaststroke is most energy efficient and much more applicaple to real world situations. You wouldn't last lost doing front crawl with a clothes, a heavy bag and shoes a few miles off a coast. Idk about backstroke, maybe if you were carrying someone or some shit. The butterfly is complete wank, though.

this

you mean like who could run the fastest while jumping over hurdles or jumping into a puddle?? and theres 4 different events for who can throw something the furthest

>front crawl with clothes, a heavy bag and shoes a few miles off a coast
>a heavy bag

awesome survival skills

Can you not read?

RUNNING IS NOT A SPORT

>100m running
>200m running
>400m running
>800m running
>100m hurdles
>110m hurdles
>400m hurdles
>Steeplechase
>Marathon
>20km walk
>50km walk
>10,000m running
>4x100m relay
>4x400m relay
>5000m
>

>front crawl

It's called the Australian Crawl lad.

its funny how the worlds greatest swimmers are matched by the old man officials walking next to the pool

all that work for that

wrong
it's one of the oldest, in fact

its funny how the worlds fastest sprinters are matched by a 50cc scooter. all that work for that.

Bolt would outrun a scooter over 100 metres easily

Walking is more energy efficient than running. Brb 100m walk
Would prefer that than a 50km walk actually...

ok i'll bring an 80cc for the 100m then.

shut up, we're winning medals

KYS Walkbro.

are you a faggot

You can't compare the stupid amounts of swimming to the running because the different lengths are different events in their own right, usain bolt would be fucked at a marathon whereas phelps could enter every swimming event and not have a problem

It's like if for every length of running you included a completely seperate event for running like a crab, running with your arms behind your back like sonic the hedgehog and running while screaming

kek

Reminder that in 2008, Bolt was the first person ever to hold the 100 and 200 record at the same time. Different distances in running might as well be different sports, as they require such different kinds of athlete. Swimming is clearly a different case.

I fucking hate walking but it's the equivalent of breast stroke

A fighter jet would beat a Ferrari over a km. All the effort into building a Ferrari for nothing

MAN WHO DOESN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT SWIMMING WINS OLYMPIC GOLD IN MARQUEE SWIMMING EVENT

>THE CITY OF SWIMMING

Now that he's achieved the highest award at the highest level he should move on to afl for the dollaz

Can a big strong american explain the "black people don't swim" thing to me. Why don't blacks swim?

they sink
their bones are dense

they probably will at which point the only events I'll be watching are horsey and the velodrome shit.

You have a point, but I would still argue that marathon running and 100m sprint are different techniques

Cultural thing. Some argue it has to do with slavery and trade ships but the reality is: No dad to teach, kid doesn't learn, kid grows up to be (rightfully so) afraid of water and drowning. Repeat. And the mother is useless because black women cannot let their """hair"" (read: $200 perms and weaves aka half a month's welfare) touch water or they are ruined.

Plus why waste time swimming when Basketball?

I would have thought that black people would also excel at bicycle pursuits.

Anything that isn't freestyle should go. Leave 4-5 freestyle events and 1 relay, drop the rest.

You don't really believe that do you user? It's the most retarded meme of an excuse out there.

This. They also tend to have long legs and short torso which isn't good for swimming. Look at phelps. It's also the reason Asians can swim

Take your american proxy off britbong

They (some white Brits) tried to get Kenyans to do it. Hard to create a sporting culture from nothing, even if the talent pool is there.

t. Jamal

just because you can't swim doesn't mean its not a sport

>100m walk
wtf are you trying to do, kill me?

they should keep:

>100m freestyle
>4x200m freestyle
>400m individual medley
>1500 freestyle
>10km

all strokes are contemplated
all distances except 50m are contemplated

Ya, but athletes don¿t compete in all of these

In swimming you can pretty much participate in all these besides the open waters one

Without so many swimming events USA will have a hard time keeping the first spot and Australia will become irrelevant

>100m Natuto

Fuck, black weebs time to shine.

Ban them all
Only keep equestrian disciplines

can we have a 100m hurdled swim please?

ooo
what if instead of going over the hurdle in the water they have to dive a couple feet under it while racing

Different strokes are retarded, it should simply be about the person that can swim/run/whatever the fastest. We dont have shit like reversed cycling or arm cycling do we? Just keep the freestyle shit.

Only allowed exception to this is race walking, because its memeworthy.

I never knew just how many drowners there were here

And all this for men and women? Jesus

They should add Swedish relay too tbqhwyfam

sly stone said it best

"different strokes! for different folks!"

The main objection to swimming is that a single athlete like Phelps or Spitz can clean up across half a dozen or more different events. The only other sport where people come close is gymnastics, but otherwise the largest individual medal haul in the modern olympics is 3 golds in cycling. Runners are only ever competitive in 2 distances. Even if they kept the different strokes, swimming ought to have half the number of distances.

Anyway, they can't do that for two reasons. Firstly, the Americans rely on the swimming to stay competitive, without it they might come third in the medal table (take away swimming and the US only beat the UK by 1 gold in 2012), and secondly, the pool is one of the most expensive venues to construct and operate, they've got to get their money's worth.

Times would actually improve. Most elite swimmers are faster fully submerged.

There is literally no reason for breaststroke, butterfly or backstroke to exist.

If you're swimming for your life you'd be swimming freestyle and that's the only one that matters.

The others solely exist to pad the USA and Australia's medal count.

Prove me wrong.

>phelps could enter every swimming event and not have a problem

But thats not true

And add motorsports

Breaststroke is the best if you're trying to survive in open water as it's easy to keep your head out

There's a reason though. Running is the only way very poor countries can win medals so they added all these.

moedal count should be compared not per ccapita but per sport.
because if a nation gets loads of medals in a singe sport that has a lot of events that doesn't mean they are good at sports, just that they are favored by the IOC.
Imagine if ping pong gave out 30 medals.

so we should compare the nations that get medals in different sports

> Why the FUCK do we need so many of these """""" events """""""

because americans are good at it

and it's also why they're good at running

Go back to Mexico you fucking parasite.

lets be honest here lads, the only events that matter are freestyle

This

It's easier to float and keep your mouth and nose above water with the backstroke.

>Brits actually believe this

Romansergio such a character

Just removing butterfly would help.

But I like watching 3D Free!

The whole big deal about Phelps that it doesn't happen every often, that's why he is the GOAT (and Spitz was the former GOAT). Butthurt can't swim gud nations need to stop bawwwing. America has a very strong swim program and that's why we can produce every good swimmers.

TL;DR: git gud or STFU.

Few public pools in poor black neighborhoods and no backyard pools in poor black neighborhoods. Swimming lessons cost money, walking to the courts to play ball is free

nah, that's only really off the wall because they're really good at conserving momentum. it wouldn't be faster if they had to surface and re-submerge, except in a few very extreme cases.