Who went to the mount eerie record store show?

Who went to the mount eerie record store show?
How were the new songs?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0OwVp51P7G0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah some guys showed up wearing masks of his dead wife, he started crying like a big baby, ran out of the store, tripped face first on the sidewalk because someone tied his shoelaces together when he wasnt looking

But how was the music?
You know this is a music board right?

the Sup Forums invasion has really done a number on our on-topicness

I didn't have time to listen to the music I was too busy tying his shoelaces together without him noticing

Is this real?

yes

yes

fucking hell that's awful

I chased him through the streets of Anacortes all the way to his house

delet

FUCKING DELET YOU PRICK

No it is not you fucking retard

I saw a post about people showing up with masks earlier so it sounded believable. The only part that was questionable was the shoelace part

It's probably not done yet.

But I did

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT FUCKING MEAN MAN BE NICE TO HIM!!!!!!!

Bump
Someone must have a clip of him playing?

No clips of audio, it was requested people not record. Show was fantastic, no mask people lol. In terms of music, his voice was kind of shot, so his vocal range was not the usual, but he sounded perfect, at least for these songs. It was VERY focused on Genevieve's death and he jumped between brutally detailed, straight-forward descriptions, and his more usual metaphorical lyrics. A lot of themes of death and the reality of it.

Will Toledo was there too. I can post a pic as proof.

cool very cool

post that pic of will too

How are the sheep this time of year?

I won't lie, I kek'd

Will was one of the ones in masks

Yeah, if you have any other questions I'd be down to answer them.

Pic related is one I took with Will b4 the show.

this question nearly woke the sleeper agent in me

did you ask if you could kiss him

Do you see what happens?

Honestly I wouldn't have been surprised lol

This looks like someone cosplaying as Will but I still believe it's him.

woah blurryface was there too

so there are literally no recordings? :(

did he interrupt the show to "casually" mention his own music

I was too busy mumbling like a crazy person about who much I loved him.

I didn't think it was him until everyone started being like "ahhh I love Twin Fantasy". Then my inner rabid CSH fan came out lol.

I'm not sure. I didn't record, out of respect (he seemed shaken/sad enough already), but they had someone officially recording, so that might get released down the line.

Just wait dude, it's going to come out soon. Wait for the album and you can hear the songs except they will be recorded in a studio and not on some guys iPhone through his pocket lol. Phil himself said it would be dropping soon

Hahaha no, honestly he was pretty chill. I got need be a douche but he was rlly quiet.

there is something special about live recordings though
>but they had someone officially recording, so that might get released down the line.
any guesses on how long?

Yeah, they said within 4 months

thats not his house, no black shed in the back.

I'd say after the album drops, so like probably before the summer.

>Will Toledo was there
What the fuck?

My reaction exactly, I almost went into a coma lol

How were the new songs different to the old songs besides 'death'.
He write any songs about his kid?

I got a shit-tier recording of one of the last songs from the back of the room.

Sorry Phil.

vocaroo.com/i/s0OwVp51P7G0

top tier kek

>that sound of him almost choking on his tears

too fucking much

you went through that editing effort for an unfunny joke

found you jacobus

Lool, u almost got me

His kid was mentioned more, but I feel like, if he does the album like the show, it will be much less focused on the elaborate instrumentation (tape loops, distortion, etc) and more on his voice and the lyrics. He also was much more direct in the lyrics themselves, less use of metaphors than previous albums. I feel like he's stripped back everything as a result of his experiences in the past year.

Did anyone cry during the show?

Many people. I was sitting next to a guy and his wife and the guy was just sobbing. There was a few collective sobs/gasps when he referred back to a line from The Microphones

I have a feeling this is gonna be a great album.

holy shit

>referred back to a line from The Microphones

Elaborate.

>here was a few collective sobs/gasps when he referred back to a line from The Microphones

Holy shit, please don't tell us what line. This is a kind of thing I don't want to spoil

I was sitting near Will and I kept looking back at him because he looked like he was going to cry

>implying I don't listen to Mount Eerie/Microphones daily and knew what song that was immediately

I was way behind Will so I couldn't tell, did he really look like he was gonna cry?

Which one, do you want to know line or not.

I have no head to hold in grief

>referred back to a line from The Microphones

!?

Is this actually the line?

HOLY FUCK.

Very cool. I was just wondering since phils stuff at the root without all the experimentation was always different and precise. Glad it was a good show

I was too blown away by the use to remember the exact line, but I'm 99% sure it was

what a fucking punchable nu-male that guy is

You put way too muh effort into this

Honestly wish I haven't seen this, it would certainly made me cry if it was a surprise.

No, I mean maybe it was but I was just joking. I posted that cause I thought it fit.

He mention at all what the album will be called?

>I have no head to hold in grief

I'm pretty sure it was that, but I was also crying, internally freaking out, and also very sick (got a cold) and tired, so i could entirely have forgotten. I feel like it might have been either that or something out of the glow pt 2 (the song) or through the trees pt 2. He definitely made other obvious references to other lines in his discography, don't worry.

Speaking on that, there was a lot of what seemed like reflection on his musical career with slight touches on other motifs he's covered.

No.

What did he say before and after the show? Did he talk inbetween his songs?

He said almost nothing. Very focused on the music, and I think he was a little overwhelmed by both the whole 'everybody wanting to see it' and the music/lyrical content itself.
He showed up immediately before the show, walked out, mentioned his voice was not in good condition, then started playing. Before the second to last song he mentioned the no recording thing and that the album would be out soon. Then before the last one he said that afterwards he was just going to leave, and he did. He finished the lady song and walked out.

Fucking hell, this album sounds like it's gonna be incredible. I just wish it wasn't like this. Poor Phil.

*last

If pitchfork snub this I am personally going to burn down Conde Nast HQ

Hopefully his new album isn't a total shit like his most recent one was.

Sauna was good.

>implying SAUNA wasn't a perfect release from Phil

If these descriptions are anything to go by we're looking at a possible AOTY here

Cute, user. Glad you had fun

* :)

Sauna was great

This was not the line. The line was

[spoiler]I went back to feel alone there[/spoiler]

but there may have been others that I missed. Amazing concert though and a really sweet and respectful audience I felt.

YES THAT WAS IT. Thank you for clearing that for me. I thought I was going insane lol.

There was another line from the microphones

"I went back to feel alone"

Anyway i too was at the show, right in front of Phil.

I don't want to spoil much unless people wanna hear but man it was rough. The 2nd song he played in particular almost made me cry.

For anyone there, it was the one about the backpack

No dude that was a hard one to listen to. The one that got me was the second to last one, that referred to the pulsing tower lights or something like that.

And yeah, I thought there would be more autistic Sup Forumstants there but everyone was really chill.

I'm also from Anacortes. Grew up there. Made it especially hard. The tower of lights he was singing about is the oil refinery on the other side of the island. At night you just see these columns of lights and it's kinda beautiful.

duuude, really. I feel like I can imagine my own versions of these things, but that I'm never realistic to what he was going for.

Being here for the first time (I live in Victoria, BC, if anyone from there wants to hang out), I was struck by just how much more I could understand his albums, being here. Also Village Pizza post-show was fucking prime.

Lemme just say Anacortes is a beautiful town. Drove up there a few hours before the show and got a chance to walk around for a bit. Really clear where the inspiration for so many of Phil's allusions to nature come from.

Yeah, his music is especially meaningful to me having grown up in anacortes.

I moved away from there, to shitty rural Missouri when I was 16. Awful place, hated it. after a few years living there and missing anacortes, i stumbled on the microphones having no idea he was from there too. I was blown away first listen, had such vivid feelings and memories of the beaches and forests I walked around as a kid. Never had such a vivid experience listening to music before

I ended up looking him up to find out more and when i saw he was actually from anacortes my jaw just fucking dropped. So happy i live back in the northwest now

it's a great town
it's just a shame it's so expensive and it's just a lot of retirees

Is it that strong of an influence? I've always wanted to go to Anacortes to see how it relates to Phil's music. Would it be worth it to stay for a week or two to soak up the vibe? I've never been to the Pacific NW and have always gotten the impression that it's highly representative of that region.

lol will

(hes actually super nice we talked for awhile)

very strong. it directly inspires stuff a lot. that low horn you hear on the glow part 2 is based off of the foghorns of all the ferries.
It's not worth staying more than a week, there's just not that much shit to do. but if you can make it, go for it. hike up mount erie, go to the record store The Business and hang out and talk to the owners. walk around the lakes.

I'm from the Vancouver area, and there's definitely a feeling associated with the Pacific Northwest, and it all ties into Phil's iconography and style.

Yeah it definitely is, if you come up here, come over to Victoria and hang out lol.

One if the reasons I decided to go to UVIC in Victoria was cause it was so close. I'm not gonna get to do it this time but ever since I started reading into Phil's work, I've wanted to hike Mount Erie and listen to The Glow Pt 2 and Mount Eerie (the album)

Very tempted to make the trip. I've loved Phil's music for 7 years or so and I've always wanted to see the misty mountains and shit Phil has so many pictures. I'm probably only ever going to make it out to the PNW once, would you say it's the best place to go to understand the atmosphere?

I mean, if you're talking about Phil's music specifically, yeah it's no doubt the best place. It really does feel like he managed to just take the place and turn it into a sound

I'd also like to know. I live in Kelowna BC and Phil's stuff always sounded so good while going on hikes, looking at the lake, shit like that

Will was so chill. I think I almost died tho. Dropped spaghetti, but I think he understood lol. And yeah riding the ferry in and seeing Mount Erie over the town and the trees and ugh, wow, it was almost too much. Even Victoria/Vancouver Island doesn't do the exactness of Anacortes' atmosphere justice.

I'm sorry that user spoiled that for you, don't worry though I'm sure you'll still love the new stuff!