Hello Sup Forums I don't know where to ask this but what is the green part called on motherboards or what is it made...

Hello Sup Forums I don't know where to ask this but what is the green part called on motherboards or what is it made out of? why is it green?

Or what should I look up to study this matter in better detail?
the resistance, other small sophisticated bits and pieces on the mother board really intrigues me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printed_circuit_board
uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond
youtube.com/watch?v=Va3Bfjn4inA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bumping for interest.

Low quality bait, go to Sup Forums they're all retards who will take it

It's diamonds
Actually the hardest metal known to man

It's a circuit board and its green because that's the color of the solder masking over the top to keep solder away from the circuits. Are you 12?

This picture is what I was specifically asking about. what is it?

I once heard it contains small amounts of gold that can be drawn out by microwaving it

Coated perf board

There are at least two ways to get the gold: (1) cut off the tabs and strip them in cyanide (2) burn the entire collection, smelt the copper and gold out of the ash, then extract the gold from the copper. Both methods are highly regulated environmentally, as well as being dangerous. I suggest you stay out of the business.

Resistance of the tracks is too small to matter consider it 0 ohms

It's fr-4, unless its some tec shit, which you cant afford.

It's called a printed circuit board (PCB). Look into building a CNC router and/or a 3d printer to make your own. It's green because that's the color of the plastic used. Don't expect to be making a board that can handle x86/AMD64 CPUs. ARM maybe, but you're going to be lucky if you can homebrew something capable of handling 16bit architectures.

Summerfag being a summerfag.

>Sup Forums
>/RANDOM/

buy a four-wire ohm meter you cheapskate.

There's plenty of difference in the resistance of tracks, even between a 1oz or 2oz pour.

fuck that shit.

buy from pcbway, cheapest prototyping there is.

It is made of FR4. It is a composite material made from fiberglass with an epoxy resin binder. We (engineerfag) use it because of its high electrical and flame resistance.

Wha more do you want to know?

call it a PCB, Pee-Cee-Beeeeee

tell bitches you make 'em, they love science faggits/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printed_circuit_board

How long did it take for your degree for your engineering in computers or el? you think it's worth it? I have a chance to study this shit for free, but I know you pretty much throw your social life out of the window and stay stressed your whole life.

I believe the main plastic part of motherboards is made of epoxy, which is why it's green

4 years just like any other person with a reasonable intelligence. That thing about throwing your social life away is bullshit. But I guess it depends on where you live. I never had the problem.

It is worth it though

The coating is colourless. Only the anti-soldering mask is green but only because it was a common colour back then when they first used FR4. Now everyone just goes with the flow, but can be any colour you want.

Aren't many boards made of epoxy though?

Based on old military requirements.

The most popular resin and hardener at the time came out that colour and the laminates at the time were green as well making it easy to accept.

Green has the highest human eye response so gives the best contrast. One of those mentions a study by the US military but I haven't been able to find a definitive reference to the study.

Fiberglass with epoxy yeah. If you break one you will see the actual colour.

PCB, printed circuit board

OP here, you motherfuckers are magnificent.

Fucking top notch education.

Diamonds are metal, you fucking cunt.

You fucking cuck diamonds are just super compressed pieces of gold

Next time google it bro. Since you can find pictures of it, you can also google the rest.

Also: Tits or gtfo, even if you are a guy.

So jews are into electronics nowadays?

It's true. I've been doing this forever and it's a great way to make easy money

It's how we control the media, stupid goy.

If you're referring to the lines on the board itself, then those are called traces. They're metallic lines that run on the surface of, and through, the board to transmit information between the different sub-components.

Well the main "ingredient" is some kind of resin.
epoxy is used but also phenol and other kinds depending on what kind of resistance the pcb should have.(Important for what amount of charge you can use on the pcb e.g.)
You usually take some kind of base material like glassfiber or paper and coat it with the resin. This shit is called Prepreg and the base for all Pcbs.
THE COLOUR IS ACTUALLY YELLOWish.
This Prepreg gets plated with copper foil.
You can then apply a acid resistance coating to outline the circuits you want to stay on the board.
afterwards its get put into acid and the copper gets corroded away cept for those covered parts.
and you are done .
everything else is just to cover or protect the circuits.

shh, don't tell anyone.

This is true and bullshit at the same time. The gold on that board is about 2 microns thick and only used as plating on the spots where there are components soldered. The amount of gold on a board this size is maybe 5 grams, which you already paid for. All the chemicals needed to get it off are way more expensive and is not worth it.

This board is made for any kind of Thread.
There is literally no thread that is off topic on Sup Forums

Hey there friend.
A small advice.
Those people most likely already know that.
"he stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
"

Thank you friend.

5 grams of gold is worth $212.15.

I know how you feel, fellow boardfag. I cum buckets at the sight of capacitors.

Jesus Christ, Marie theyre minerals

according to this..u r wrong. uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond

What kind of dog is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Va3Bfjn4inA