Was board better 2012-2013 or did i become a worse person, my Sup Forums?

was board better 2012-2013 or did i become a worse person, my Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuhaYuXtguc
youtube.com/watch?v=u9Eyzck6qA0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, the tripfag elitist system were the immune skeletal system of keeping shit intact and from attracting way too many plebs and normies.

kpop threads would've been laughed off the board in 2012

youtube.com/watch?v=KuhaYuXtguc
broken flag thread ig
damn, u right

fucking this, fpbp also

we should bring the old elitism back so we can get rid of shit like kpop, waifu and trap threads,

>being elitist
>listening to any popular music
pick one you pseuds

in the elitist system you wouldn't be here, pleb

Worse actually
CLT was actually a good tripfag, that's how bad it was.

t.2013 Sup Forums newfag.

2013 was the absolute worst year for memes on Sup Forums, shitposting was rampant and there was little to no dank factor so none of it was funny

I think we all become worse people + Sup Forums invasion.

The old elitism was great, but people took it really literally rather than a defense mechanism and we got what we have now where people constantly trying to defend what music is objectively good, when their charts are still just Sup Forumscore. Also the tripfag cancer community eventually led to /rym/ turning into the abomination it is now. We also couldn't discuss anything that wasn't rap or indie. 2013 Sup Forums was pretty awful desu, as much as I hate everyone having the same taste now, I would take today where we can actually have threads about other genres, rather than 2013 Sup Forums with all tripfags and lack of discussion threads in general.

>+ Sup Forums invasion
I'm the same person, I just didn't hate globalism five years ago.

its hard to say

the only really certain thing is there no point coming back here anymore

>tfw always hated globalism

>2012-2013

>hey guys! look how long i've been on a Sup Forums board!!!!

Virgin: the post

lmao remember when you had that internet Sup Forums tripfag girlfriend

Sad!

in 2012-2013 we were less insecure but a lot better at making memes

this board literally stopped being good in 2009

>remember when you had that internet Sup Forums tripfag girlfriend
>Sad!
We've been together for about six years. Couldn't be happier.

This desu.

>not 2006

Been shit since late 2009

I actually think it has been on an upswing lately compared to the early 10's

i'll elaborate becasue this is not a le meme hipster statement. 2009 was when chillwave came out. then witch house, seapunk, vaporwave the next year.

2009 was the last year the board was free from all this shit music, people only posted real music and actually shared and discussed music in the same fashion Sup Forums does with comics. there were no LISTEN TO MY MUSIC threads begging for attention. there was no grimes, there was no k-pop.

make Sup Forums great again.

I stopped going on Sup Forums regularly for 4 years when I went to uni, back here now and I can honestly say that I am appalled by what passes for "taste" now. There were Sup Forums-core drones back then but chart threads these days are absolutely sickening. 2017 Sup Forums does have a better sense of humour though.

are you really this fucking stupid? i just said all those genres from chillwave forward are not real music.

how do you understand the fucking opposite of what i wrote?

this, but everyone is either trying too hard to be patrician or black nowadays that its all just shit.

I'm sorry about that, I just deleted my post, I'm really drunk rn and have no reading comprehension. Totally my bad.

You can only be patrician if you're not trying to.

- Chinese proverb

Yeah, I don't know why so many drones fell for that idea which is pretty much the cancer of Sup Forums and the rap threads.

This board has always been terrible, just depends on your age really

How do we save Sup Forums?

We go full nice mode and allow all kinds of music to be discussed in an intelligent manner. So basically it's impossible.

stop hip-hop threads, stop artists from shilling themselves (Tedy Andreas, 21 Pilots, etc), get rid of the patrician/pleb idea.

or

Create a general where people can put out ideas without being bombarded with hate or memes.

Some would say that would be the "reddit" move.

ban grimes threads, k-pop threads, ask for a new music production thread to get rid of the attention whoring kids.

let this board be about music discussion and sharing only.

music production board, not thread. sorry.

Ive been off of mu for the past 2 years, did 21p shill themselves? thats the funniest shit I've ever heard.

2010 - 2012 were the golden days
2013 it started going downhill
2015 on has just been the same shit

Well, 21 pilot threads started going nonstop after they got popular but there would be days when there would be like 6 threads about them at the same time

2010=Sup Forums started
2013=crappy music is spreading
2015=you gotta be kidding me this isnt music Grimes
2016=R.I.P Sup Forums goodbye...

no.

you are the cancer.

I hate to be that guy bu
>Sup Forums has alway been bad

If mods cared about genuine Music discussion Kpop generals would have been banned by now

ye probably

Has Sup Forums always talked about Kanye West like he was the greatest artist alive? Or is that a recent development?.

after mbdtf got a 10 on pitchofrk

does anyone have that 1 picture of the day where like the first two pages of the board were all shitpost / feel threads
its really tall

I don't really have a problem with feels threads but I agree we can do without.

Why do you consider them at the same level as shitposting though?

theyre not talkin about music
also that time in particular we were trying to fill the board up with them so i consider that shitposting

Reddit without threads that bump and no upvotes would be a perfect community desu.

Not op, but feels threads just kind of junk up the front page with non Sup Forums stuff on the same level shitposts do, I guess.

meant with, not without

no. kanye has always been considered a genius. fucking newfag stop acting like only shit you were here for existed.

I would love to just beat the fucking shit out of you.

Hate to be that guy? Why would you hate speaking the truth?

not really

It's just said a lot. It's getting old.

2010 was prime Sup Forums partially due to Sup Forums also being at its prime.
After the trip exodus, part of Sup Forums died

shut the fuck up wolves

not even a trip.

you're right wolves. 2013 was the last good year.

hmm...I see you lol, guess I've been on here just as long/longer than you..

yea mu went to shit

i hate to be that guy, but all the post-ironic and ironic memes also killed part of Sup Forums, not only that but with trump's election and the uprising of the alt-right and sjws, Sup Forums and tumblr killed it too.

also, we can't have discussion about hip-hop or really, any genre without bringing politics, or even noise/industrial threads because of "edgy shit, not music, degenerates" and stuff like that. trust me, i've been here in this shithole since 2011, and Sup Forums wasn't like that. shit's is getting worse and i can't leave because i... hate love this place.

segregation. we need to stop advertising Sup Forumscore as much as we do and rather genre specific flow charts and what not.
people are too concerned about how much music they listen to; why we get people with top 100 topster charts that are 90% Sup Forumscore and then people with top 25 which are more intrinsic i suppose.
board needs to stop with the whole patriciain/plebian ideology

Like all things on Sup Forums, the whole pleb/patrician shit was a giant facade of irony that a bunch of teenage autists who showed up later started taking seriously and then shit up the entire joint as a result.

Are you kidding me? There were always k-pop threads here.

Were there? I don't really remember them being too prevalent until maybe 2-3 years back.

we should prob pull a whole elitist ageist thing and get rid of everyone >18. Piss them off until they go to rym or fantano exclusively

like today's, no. not before 2013.

with the level of weeabo and shitposting on those threads they need to move to the otaku culture board.

I don't know, I've never really noticed them too much. Honestly - I remember k-pop posters being worse about shitposting up other threads a few years ago. They really don't bother me too much. They have their thread and they pretty much completely keep to themselves.

Now fucking Grimes threads and Lauren Mayberry threads should be fucking deleted instantly and those fuckers banned for spamming

Yeah I actually have no problem with the K-Pop community on here either. They are really self-contained and kinda keep their stuff in its own place.
I agree about waifu threads though. I used to like both Grimes and Chvrches and can't really bring myself to listen to either anymore because I associate them so strongly with the obsessive perverts from those threads.

K-pop always existed and no one ever gave a damn. We let those autists be and they didn't mess with the board.

It seems nowadays that the average Sup Forumstant is younger and that's why you see more hip hop , pop and normie music than before. Combine that with you getting older and you basically have outgrown the board or will in the near future.
You're not actually here forever. Nothing wrong with that.

That's cool man. Sounds like you have anger issues though.

>Back then, p4k and Fantano were actually somewhat reliable
>A lot more indie discussion, but that brought in a shit load more variety with folk, psych, punk, emo etc.
>Back then, meme rap was still prevalent but at least a lot of them could still rap and had some substance
>Knowing about Sup Forumscore at the time meant that you were at the forefront of new music and knew pretty much who to expect for festivals

>Now it's just pop and memes

2012 was definitely better.

Kill yourself

Kill all tripfags.

'normies' ruined Sup Forums, just like they ruin everything else on Sup Forums. in their wake comes endless stasis and regurgitation. that's just a fact

and Sup Forums invited them right in with "Sup Forumscore", recommendation charts and memes, by leaving a breadcrumb trail in anthony fantano comment fields, rym forums and tumblr posts - it has all led us here. today it's disneyland

some people think it's a good thing, and that's ok. i happen to think it's fucking terrible, but it's the way things are and there's no going back

secret club meme

I love you, keep posting

This- I remember vividly trips shaming normalfags for their entry level, jejune tastes, and simultaneously recommending them alternatives that were more unique and diverse. Entry-level was the insult of choice for people who listened to popular genres of music here, even in cases like metal and hip-hop (which was much less discussed).

versus 2012/2013 yes, and especially versus 2014, but it's been on the decline since 2015 ended, especially with the rise of generals and waifushits ruining grimes and bringing T.Swift into the discussion

this ruined Sup Forums when it was done; become actual elitist cunts about things and create a barrier of entry in order to discourage people

it's always been the worst of the discussion boards, especially versus Sup Forums and Sup Forums

people were lukewarm about pre-MBDTF Kanye, he certainly wasn't hated

Kanye certainly wasn't taken seriously b4 the pitchfork 10. No one would claim to be an elitist and have Kanye on their charts

Like I said, lukewarm. People did like Kanye prior though; recall that pre-MBDTF people unironically hated Kanye in many cases in white America. He was considered entry level though, people would refer to shit like The Cold Vein and cLOUDDEAD when people asked for recs for hip-hop, sometimes Why also.

it was better 2006-2010

i rembemer talking about needing to be more elitist about as far back as 2011, that is to say that there's probably always been a perceived decline but it was further catalyzed by the concept of Sup Forumscore, post-2010 internet culture, and generalized poptimism (and populism) in the arts as reaction to insulated elitism

for all the time I've been around here, I think the only way to really bolster content is to take the personal initiative to augment the signal-noise ratio oneself by actively contributing to threads where one might as a sort of ideal; otherwise the 'state' of the board is probably the inevitable manifestation of ephemeral+anonymous content

i'm
youtube.com/watch?v=u9Eyzck6qA0

back in like 2007 there would be obscure music sharethreads 200 posts deep.

this was back when ppl uploaded full albums onto megaupload and etc. Discovered a lot of great music that way, but sadly I think those users have left.

sharethreads are still a thing, they're just homogenized into a general thread now

as an aside re: megaupload -- blogspots only took a dip when certain direct download sites were hit but the blog ecosystem either never went anywhere or has made a comeback because you can find a lot of stuff on blogs still

i think there was a general exodus towards ptp (slsk) and torrents where now blogs are again the 'underground' choice for music discovery

I downloaded so many albums back in high school and actually burned them onto cds for safekeeping lol. Now my laptop doesn't even have a cd drive.

Do you have any links for good music sites? Only one I like is earmilk

Stop responding to recommendation threads

Rec me some grimey music

lmao what tripfag elitism? more like basking in attention from spoonfeeding.

Underrated

>vs Sup Forums and Sup Forums
have you just never been on those boards, especially Sup Forums? Sup Forums occasionally has good discussion but c/mon, it's Sup Forums. Sup Forums is literally Sup Forums tier. Sup Forums isn't that bad honestly. 2014-15 Sup Forums was a fucking catastrophe, but when the hip hop shitposting died down things were alright. Current Sup Forums isn't too bad honestly, one of the better boards on Sup Forums, we actually have probably the best black metal/dungeon synth community on the internet. Granted, that's because Sup Forums as a whole is ass, and /metal/ and /rym/ have become god awful threads after being pretty decent from 13-15, but still.

I miss the hipsters. They talked about a lot of different music. These days people just discuss whatever's popular.

black metal posters here are just rym/nwn posters that do so anonymously just so you know
they all moved to the generals

no it was just as shit, just more subtle about it

>MY FIRST YEAR AT Sup Forums WAS THE BEST YEAR