It's incredible that despite feminism not being much of a thing in Japan that anime is the most feminist form of media...

It's incredible that despite feminism not being much of a thing in Japan that anime is the most feminist form of media there is

>Female characters make up 80% of the total characters across all anime
>When female characters and male characters are present they are always depicted as being strong or intelligent
>Every Studio Ghibli movie
>Madoka (the greatest anime in the last decade)

Dumb animeposter

Japan has well written female characters, thats not feminism.

wrong board

you fucking weeaboo faggot

That's because in anime females are used for the benefit of the male viewers rather than to appease feminists. The girls are there for men to find cute and masturbate to, they're not shoehorned in there because "muh stronk wimmins"

>Female characters make up 80% of the total characters across all anime
And they are walking fetishes. There is nothing empowering about that.

Female characters being written as well as males = Feminism

So anime viewers enjoy strong female characters?

>So anime viewers enjoy strong female characters?
They like action girls and very innocent girls. What they hate are realistic characters.

They also have actually well developed female characters.

The west ideia of a strong female character is having her do whatever men can do, and then have her go "I'm a tough woman, I can really hang with the guys", and that's on movies, TV shows and games.

In fucking Japan of all places, they actually bother to have actual characters for the women.

Because real women are shit.

That would explain why Madoka was such a massive flop...oh wait

This. It feels forced in Western shows. In anime strong females just seem cool.

Real people in general are more complex than just good or bad. Anime or video games are for people who are afraid of the real world and real people.

>>Madoka (the greatest anime in the last decade)

Oh, a thinly veiled bait thread. Nice one OP.

Madoka has flawed characters but they aren't realistic. The plot is ridiculous so the characters simply can't act like real life teenage girls.

It feels forced in western media, because being "strong" is the entire character of these women.

That's not to say Japan doesn't have a problem with the opposite. There are too many anime and VN with thinly developed female characters just to fanservice male fans.

Still, Japan mainstream media does have much better written female character overall than western. Fuck, most of the Studio Ghibli leads would be considered "depowering and sexist" under western standarts, if they were done here.

They're not derogatory either

Those characters would all be feminist approved

Miyazaki is considered in the West a feminist director.

>Real people in general are more complex than just good or bad
animu tends to have motivations for the "bad guys" as well though
western media way more often shows characters as just good or bad
I think it's a cultural thing though

Most good films don't have real "bad guys".

>western media
You are thinking about media for kids and teenagers.

It's still a shit anime. Kill yourself.

you are moving your goal posts now man
japanese do it with most shows it just shows how lot of western releases lack depth in that department if you have to pick "good films" only and exclude media for kids and teenagers

There are many good films, there aren't many good anime.

the quality of the anime doesn't really matter though as long as they show that kind of more realistic morals
my whole point was it's way more common in japanese media

>Madoka magicka
I have never watched an anime anything in my life and even I know you're a faggot.

This isn't about the sheer quality of the medium,with is completely subjective. It's about the fact that over the years, even with rampant sexism and wide spread of moe culture, Japan has managed to write much better and more varied female characters than the west.

But I'm not talking only about villains with some silly motivation. I'm talking about real realistic people. People who cheat, lie and act like dicks.

They are almost nonexistent in anime, because otaku's waifus must be perfect. Oh and of course they must be virgins. It's the most important part.

And like I said, you are wrong.

Japanese women don't need feminism, they have all their rights alredy.

Also, rule of cool.

Because in Japan there's less of a LET'S FORCE SOME NONSENSE mentality.

every female anime character is the same
you should be ashamed of watching cartoons that most people thought was too childish for themselves at 10, faggot

>I'm talking about real realistic people. People who cheat, lie and act like dicks.
but that's not really true either
even the OPs example has all of those

That's true to an extent, but perfect virginal waifus are only a thing in low-brow pandering anime.

It's like looking at the sittiest lifetime direct to tv movies, and saying that those represent the entirety of western media as a whole

So wait. Strong female cheaters are a bad thing in anime because the nerds that watch anime fap to it? So what's gonna happen when nerds just start fapping to the live action strong female leads in Hollywood movies?
Are they gonna be mad that only nerds appreciate it and say it's a bad thing? Or are they going to keep making movies with strong female leads to add fuel to the dehumanizing fetish fire?

>every female anime character is the same
don't be silly

hoe can that be possible in a show were every character is female (madoka, k-on, yuru-yuri)

Till he does something "wrong" just like whedon. Cancer can believe whatever they want.