Why is the pool water green?

Why is the pool water green?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37029833
edition.cnn.com/2016/08/09/sport/rio-olympics-green-pool/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

T H I C C

implying that denizens of an Irish cable-knitting forum would care about air-prance

Brazilians don't poo in the loo

Blue and yellow make green.

>“As a result, the pH level of the water was outside the usual range, causing the discoloration. The FINA Sport Medicine Committee conducted tests on the water quality and concluded that there was no risk to the health and safety of the athletes, and no reason for the competition to be affected.”

lmao they're going to die

because third world country is hosting

Brazil's flag was initially white till the first day it rained after its creation

there's nothing gross about pH levels you autist

This is bullshit, its obviously not been treated properly and resulted in an algal bloom.
Changes in pH will not turn the water green

Except that it can kill you

Brazil wanted to pay homage to Europe's gene pool

high contentration of zika

bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37029833
>"It's very important to the Rio 2016 community to ensure a high quality of play," read the statement. "Tests were conducted and the water was found to be safe. "

Confirmed for algae

edition.cnn.com/2016/08/09/sport/rio-olympics-green-pool/

there's a chemical in it that turns green when a homo touches it

t: Swimming pool water control expert, and totally not someone who just read about it online

A Master rusemen dyed it for the lulz

Well, 1.yes there is

and

2. what's gross is what caused it...human detritus: dead skin, hair, urine, fecal matter.
Cannot unknow.

Ah, German chemistry. The central science.

Why is my dick rock hard? That's the real question

industrial quantities of urine.

the mother of uncreative holiday pictures

Plenty of indians in brazil, Terim

#aids

russian and american roid piss

How are we to know for certain that it isn't due to a superfluity of wee wee?

I guarantee what is happening is that copper from old retrofitted piping or the heat exchanges of very large industrial heaters is being put into the water where it's then being driven out of solution and then quickly oxidized by high amounts of chlorine. If you've seen a corroded penny (or other copper coin) you've seen this exact problem.

Everything points to it- if it was just garden variety algae you could slam that thing with a massive amount of sodium bromide and have it blue overnight. The fact that hyper chlorinating the water is making it WORSE is a telltale sign you're dealing with copper.

Also the pH being low (if it is too low) also makes the problem worse because believe it or not, hot, acidic, chlorinated water circulating constantly through a heat exchange isn't good for copper.

It would take a large amount of metal sequestration right now but you can have that thing right in a day and a half.

Pic is related, second Google image result for "copper in pool water".

Source: I work for a major pool company and see this exact problem everyday.

And samefag but somebody screenshot this for me because I'm autistic and I know I'm fucking right.

kys u gay cunt

Nice pasta