Jeremy Irons Says Batman V Superman Deserved Bad Reviews

>Deservedly so. I mean it took £800 million, so the kicking didn’t matter but it was sort of overstuffed… It was very muddled. I think the next one will be simpler. The script is certainly a lot smaller, it’s more linear.

>I’m tied into The Batman at the minute, which is nice because it’s a bit of income… Not that I need a bit of income but it’s nice to keep ticking over.

screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-reviews-jeremy-irons/

How can one man be so based?

Really don't like actors who do shit for money.

Make a commitment to the fucking art, even if it sucks, don't just do shit for cash.

So you really don't like most actors, then?

I mean, it's one thing to sleepwalk through a movie and cash the checks. But he was actually one of the better parts of a movie I absolutely hated. So even with this attitude he seemed to deliver a good job through an actual mess of a movie. If they improve their quality he would probably care more

But the real factor is that anyone of us here would be doing the same shit if we were getting literal millions for a nondemanding role like that

Fuuuuuck its Batman & Robin all over again as it reminds me of the negative remarks Clooney made about hating the movie.

Jeremy's... Iron?

>Really don't like actors who do shit for money.
It's a job. Even Orson Welles had to do dumb shit for fishsticks and frozen peas and champagne.

>critics call movie a mess
>actors call movie a mess
Okay it is a mess but that doesnt mean it didnt have cool epic parts in it.

Those parts just took ages to show up on screen.

The best idea would have been to make a 90 minute Batman movie, a 90 minute Batman V Superman movie and then a 90 minute Lex, Lois, Lex Corp movie which would have been the 3rd in this new trilogy that would have brought in Doomsday and Wonder Woman.

BUY sadly Snyder decided to cram everything in.

>The original cut of BvS was 4 hours
Please release this cut Snyder and then re edit them into smaller movies!

But looks like the damage has been done...

I mean what else can he say, it's after the fact.

Although I will say it feels like things not under Disney have been faring poorer on average nowadays from the critics' perspectives, which I've been growing annoyed by given the implications.

He's right

>The butlering continues.

This film is crap, you just feel embarassed because you desperatly tried to defend it.

>"I think the next one will be simpler. The script is certainly a lot smaller, it’s more linear."
>simpler
>more linear
DKEKS BTFO!!!1

Is he going to woh?

>Really don't like actors who do shit for money.
Easy to say when you don't have a job faggot

Snyder brought the war to us

>it was sort of overstuffed… It was very muddled

That's the only thing that needs to be said about the film. It was clearly rushed to kickstart the DCU as quickly as possible.

>Mwaaaahaaa the frensh..

kys

And also the fact that Snyder nor Warner would think that a separate Lex movie and a separate man of steel sequel would have made much money. Hence they crammed so many subplots into one movie.

takes a strong man to admit when you're wrong meanwhile marvelcucks will endlessly spout that their quipflicks are amazing

They are: as action adventure flicks. Not as deep but yeah

>(When asked by an interviewer about why he accepted his role in Dungeons & Dragons (2000))
>"Are you kidding? I'd just bought a castle, I had to pay for it somehow!"

You could have made a better movie with the stuff you filmed and possibly some new scenes. You don't really need Lex until the Senate hearing. Lois' subplot could have been cut to 1 or 2 45 second scenes. And truly converge storyline at the party like everybody expected. The fight motivation is still stupid and the Doomsday fight being full of yellow explosions is also a bad visual choice. You don't to kill tension before the titular fight by having Wonder Woman watch video clips set to her bombastic theme.

Film was too complex and intelligent for most people, including Jeremy Irons apparently.

Here's my advice to trim the movie down massively:

>Get rid of the entire Lois subplot with the bullet and Superman saving her in the desert

>Keep the Fishburne office scenes as all he wil be doing is hassling Clark with the paper, he never speaks to Lois

>Get rid of the Senator, meaning no subplot with her and Lex communicating, no jar of piss even though that was one of the film's only jokes

>Superman will go to the Senate not for what he did in the desert (that never happened) but for his Metropolis destruction

>The senate blowing up will be entierely through Bruce's perspective until later during the Martha scene is when Superman tells Batman that he is innocent - making more sense of Batman/Bruce deciding to turn his ways

>Lois is drastically cut: no bathtub scene at beginnng- make this a personal Batman movie. After all Superman already has his own movie and the opening begins entierely from Batman's perspective so why not keep it that way?

>Still have the opening shots of Lex talking to the other scientistd about his plans but again no Senator (she does not exist or if she does she is drastically cut).

>Keep the dream sequences

>Keep all Wonder Woman scenes, Bruce scenes and change nothing of the last 30 minutes of the movie

This should bring the movie down to a 100 minute running time

>>"Are you kidding? I'd just bought a castle, I had to pay for it somehow!"
There's a difference between Marlon Brando-type asshole who refuses to do anything on set and still collects his paycheck and those who act. You don't like Morgan Freeman in TDK too, if the same logic applies.

Are you implying Orson Wells didn't believe in Paul Mason's champagne?