I'm not sure why Jubilee was in X-Men Apocalypse...

I'm not sure why Jubilee was in X-Men Apocalypse. Jubilee was more of a 90's character (particularly early 90's) than she was an 80's character, and the thing is set in the early 80's. Dazzler would have made more sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0tNFSO_3dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EIpZcn1xKR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are her powers?

She farts some fireworks in the X:Men animated theme song, but that's all I've been able to gather about her.

because the girl is hot af

>What are her powers?

PURASSSSSSSSSMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0tNFSO_3dQ

Because she's canon non-white, meaning she has to be in every X-Men movie from now until the end of time

Well that's just silly.

>Jubilee was more of a 90's character
uhh, she is wearing 80's style clothing and shit, I bet you were born in the late 90's so it's all the same to you

>non-white
But half the X-Men are blue.

>80's style clothing
That's early 90's clothing. They weren't dressing that way in 83. I should know, I was alive back then.

yes dazzler would have made more sense, but it wouldn't have brought in more cash but fucking hell, couldn't they have picked a less unappealing chink?

>tfw no Taytay Dazzler movie

She dresses like a Saved by the Bell character, and Saved by the Bell was early 90s.

Wasn't she a student in the first xmen which takes place in 2000? who put this shit together continuity is all fucked up.

BECAUSE MORE ASIANS IN HOLLYWOOD FILMS. MORE ASIANS MORE MORE WE ARE SELFISH ATTENTION WHORES PUT MORE CHINKS IN FILMS SO THEY CAN RAKE IN MONEY REEEEEEEEEEEE

Momsen is the superior choice for Dazzler, imagine that giraffe trying to rollerskate.

She was a background character in the first three ones, which were set "in the not-so-distant future."

Brian singer basicly retconned the original movies as an alternate future with Days of future past.
You have to hand it to him.
He treats his movies like how comic writers treat comics.

>Dazzler
They were gonna do it but it got cut.

Stewart clearly stated it was the "new millenia" in the first 2 minutes.

>MoMo as Dazzler
I could see that

Is he only weird looking to me?

Don't get me wrong either, I'm far worst looking than he is.

But then again, I'd never step foot into a Hollywood movie because of those looks. And yet people are banking a whole lot on him to build up a Cyclops fanbase that also involves girls infatuated with him.

>Sup Forums hates asians now
they are honorary white people and more asians = less niggers taking the spotlight for diversity

ITS ALMOST AS IF THEY'RE TRYING TO APPEAL TO THE NOSTALGIA FANBASE BY INCLUDING RECOGNIZABLE CHARACTERS FROM THE CARTOON! UNPRECEDENTED !!!

And? After the Auschwitz scene, it goes to Rogue's house and says "Meridan, Missippi, The not too distant future."

>MUH JUBILEE
Stop this meme kids.
Everybody hated her in the cartoon. She was useless and annoying.

asians are pretty based tbqh

But not Vampire Jubilee

The late 80's early 90s truly were a better time. I miss my neon outfits.

Jubilee was my favourite from the cartoon. Go fuck yourself.

>Everybody hated her in the cartoon.

Yeah, if you were retarded, sure

best and cutest Jubilee coming through :3

youtube.com/watch?v=EIpZcn1xKR0

fuck you i would rather have clooney back as batman before this.

That's fucking disgusting, get out of here with that monster looking shit bro

JUST WAS A INTRODUCTION.

consider stopping being a faggot

>cute
HELL NO

She was always a shitty character, they need more Kitty Pryde.

>being in love with literal monsters
>calling others faggots

Get a grip man, that bitch looks like something out of a children's horror story

She's a good character to introduce the audience to the X-Men because she's a rookie with fairly tame powers. In the 80s, that role was taken by Kitty Pryde. In the 2000 movie, that role was taken by Rogue, whose character was rewritten to be less strong (no super strength, no flight, although those weren't her original powers in the comic anyways) and less experienced. Jean Grey was in this role in the original comic: she was the newcomer to the team through whom we as the readers are introduced to the X-Men and their world.

Come to think of it, this role has always been played by a young girl. Weird.

shes only there because this shit franchise has turned into nothign but cameos, and the actress is hot

someone post her modeling pictures

Mystique is a shitty character
Jlaw is a shitty actress

Why would you link a reupload and not the original?

>She's a good character to introduce the audience to the X-Men
Fireworks as superpowers.
It always was and will be lame.

spot on Charles impression

originals aren't up anymore

Yep, and because her powers are so lame and tame, she's easier to relate to for the audience because she's more like us.

Are you a girl or a faggot?
Because i'm for sure can't relate to small asian chick with lame superpowers.

She's like the girls in my Japanese comics

Characters like Kitty and Jubilee arent relatable because they are girls, its because they are "normal" people that react to the amazing things going on around them.

They are young people that WANT to be super heroes and they come from the real world to the "Marvel" world as outsiders introduced to powered people

>"if the character is a woman, i can't relate to her!"
That sounds like a personal problem.

Just stop, this is all marketing talk, about how we need child character to kids project themselves too.
As a kid i wanted to be batman or robocop and not some lame ass asian girl.

>relating to women is perfectly normal for a man

sure, if you're effeminate

N
U
-
M
A
L
E

>marketing
No, it's a story-telling device. In general, good movies have characters that people can relate to, especially when those movies are set in fantastic settings.

Take Star Wars: the character of Luke Skywalker is easy for a young person (or older person who remembers what it's like to be young) to relate with. Most people out there, at one point in their lives, feel frustrated with where they are. They feel like they're going nowhere, like others don't listen to them, like they don't matter. Or something like that. Also, Luke, like us, doesn't know everything about Star Wars, so when Kenobi is explaining the Force to Luke, he's also explaining it to us as an audience.

Women are more relatable because they're weak and fragile, like the typical comic book fan. The men are who we want to be, the girls are who we already are.

Was anyone else baffled by the Star Wars scene? It seemed they went out their way to be meta purely to say Apocalypse was going to be shit.

>being insecure with your masculinity
Again, you have personal problems you should work through.

No, that's completely incorrect and a classic case of you projecting your effeminate wishes of being a pretty woman

>being this insecure

It's funny because you're actually trying to impress us anonymous people on the Internet with what you imagine is a tough guy act and yet your obvious desperation does the opposite.

No

This user gets it.

Jubilee is a more recognizable character.

>Jubilee is a more recognizable character.
She did nothing in the movie though

I understand your point and it's good. I'm sorry you have come to make it here in Sup Forums.

You don't get it you dumb cuck. It's a well established mechanism of storytelling to follow a new character entering the world you're writing about.

Harry Potter, Luke Skywalker, etc all fit this trope. It's not about wanting to be them, but about using them as a vehicle to explore the setting. How else do you explain who people are, who the factions are etc without the dialogue sounding contrived as fuck?

>It's a well established mechanism of storytelling to follow a new character entering the world you're writing about.
And we are following wolverine in original movies. I do not have problems with new characters, but with lame ass.

is that fook mi from austin powers?

>he doesn't wish to be the little girl

Being able to relate with someone doesn't mean you want to be them, though.

She was a young teenager in X2

>Jubilee was in X-Men Apocalypse
she wasnt. so dont worry about it

where are this and OP pic from

i dont remember any of those in movie

Singer cuts cutie scenes so he can fuck twinks

->

Haven't seen the movie but the Dazzler one was posted on Sophie Turner's twitter and the OP one is a promo image.

Because they were both cut fampai

Cut. Originally, the stuff with them being at the mall was going to be longer, and have them doing more than just making a joke about how the third movie always sucks.

So are they going to make a Jubilee cut edition like the Rogue cut of DOFP?

Maybe.

this pretty much.

asians are more tolerable

the fuck is this

hownewru

>McAvoy is GOAT
>Faassbender is GOAT
>Quicksilver is GOAT
>Beast is great (though do the makeup a little more like KG's holy fuck it looks bad)
>Cyclops recast is great
>Havok is great (fucking waste that they killed him)
>Nightcrawler wasn't actually too bad, just make him look less like a twink faggot
>Jubilee looked great, just give her some screen time
>Storm was alright
>Angel was meh
>Olivia Munn is a cunt but was fine as Psylocke
>Jean was miscast
>Mystique is still shit

Overall I have hope, I just want an X-Men movie where they go out on missions and shit like the 90's animated one, fuck I loved that shit. And for the love of fuck please not another 'Magneto is le villain but turns gud at the end xD' fucking bullshit.

Jubilee is a familiar character. Remember in the 90s cartoon, we get introduced to the X-Men through her.

I'd jubi her lee if you know what I mean.

how could this show ever get cancelled...........

They were making a joke about Last Stand

No. Director said he doesn't do that shit. We will just some deleted scenes as bonus material.

>But half the X-Men are blue.

Which is also non-white. What are you trying to say?

Psylocke isn't supposed to be white either, but I guess Munn passes as japanese these days.

Munn is Asian.

She's half-Vietnamese. That hardly counts as Japanese.

>Psylocke
pyslocke is british wtf are you talking about

arr rook same

Chinese, not Vietnamese.

Psylocke started as a telepath British white girl who got killed by Sabretooth, I think, but was able to move her mind to a recently dead Asian girl.

>Is he only weird looking to me?
Yes. He is very yummy imo. I'd eat his bubble butt all night long.

Oh. You're right. I saw "her mother was from Vietnam" but missed the "of Chinese descent" part.

>Is he only weird looking to me?

No, I think he looks weird, too. Just something off about him.

Dazzler> Jubilee you fucking weeaboo