Why won't my PC work Sup Forums

Why won't my PC work Sup Forums

Turns on for a second, then everything stops except the power light is still on

Sounds like your power supply user.

>I be a techfag that gets paid 20 an hour to do this shit.

is it actually your computer or just the monitor? as you say the computer light stays on

PC has LED lights in the fans, and both the fans and them turn off after a second

I think it might be motherboard, because the lights on keyboard stay on as well

Just because your supply is bad doesn't mean your not getting power, it's just means it's failing small amounts of power will still go through. I.e. Keyboard mouse MB lights. Try blowing your PS out with a can of dust off and see how it works. If it stays on longer its your supply. Nothing else it could be makes no sense to shut off because of your board since it will turn on.

Okay, don't have dust off though

you should always have those
y dont you have those
get those
those are useful

Air compressor and a pencil?

Idk, just never got it

I have a pencil

Need both pencil to make sure you don't fuck your fans while blowing it with a compressor. Don't use a vacuum. Hm I have no more knowledge on the topic without high powered air of sorts.

A really long QTip MIGHT work. Need quite a few

use it to write a note to send for help

it´s black

Will do

do you have multiple harddrives attached?
the power surge when powering on could cause the system to crash because it loses power from the temporary overload

legit ur all fucking stupid.

Change monitors and cords.

you and everyone else in this thread is retarded and it proves why people pay me to repair computers.

this is 99% a problem with the display.

E.g the mobo plug or the the moniter/cord.

The rest of you are over complicating the shit out of this

One hard drive

seriously dude have you tried

a computer will turn on without a monitor attached you fucking asswipe.

10+ years never had a monitor mess with posting more than delaying start up, but I agree simple is usually the right thing.

Check if your hdmi or DVi whatever Is properly installed to the correct port from your computer to your monitor. Stupid I know but just make sure it's in the right place

It is

Kek

his computer is turning on you fucking asswipe
fans spin leds light up only thing missing is a fucking display.

BUT HEY BRO IT MUST BE THE POWER SURGES IN THE MAINFRAME OF THE ROTATING HYPERCORE CPU.

Stfu cunt you havent touched a custom in your life

have you tried another cord ffs

My rig

My friendly user he stated early in the thread that it was running in then off after a second. Please take your salt to a different thread where people care. We're trying to help a nigga out.

Op here

No it isn't, fans and LEDs turn off after a second from pressing power button

>fans spin up LEDs light up
Technical analysis you got there.
You can get LED "lights up" and "fans spinning" even if your MOSFET block is shot to shit. One VRM doesn't take the whole bank down.

His PSU might also be able to supply proper +5 and +24V rails but not others you fucking consolecuck.

And the only reason I'm shoving shit down your throat is you're being an ultra-nigger about everything. Sit the fuck down and lurk moar.

Much appreciated
I honestly expected all you guys to call me retarded, but thanks for the support

My picture i also see you have a cyberware to my power supply that came with mine went out in a few months good thing i had a extra around

Hi new friend :) I still think it's his PS.

Power-on self test
any beeps?

Didn't work

its the cord
YOU STUPID FUCKS
so obviously the cord jsut change it stop overcompliocating

Re-sit the RAM

Make sure your CPU/24 pin power cables are plugged all the way in.

Make sure you don't have any popped capacitors while you're in there.

ill check

he spewed this wrong nonsense, not even knowing the guy he's talking to has a masters in networking and forensics hehe ex dee.

user I promise you it's the PS. But I saw a comment to re seat the RAM that could help as well as reseat you CMOS battery while your at it.

this is gonna sound retarded but have you proporly turned it on? I had the same issue, turns out my PC turns on with 2 buttons, press the power button and then press in a smaller button

That's not real and most likely means you got a gimped power button, new case for you it sounds like.

no, I have never had any issues with the computer

Bad power supply. MB isn't getting enough power. My pc did that after a bad storm and it was off. It would turn on, then turn off. Flashing bios doesn't solve that. replace power supply and you should be good

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

damn

try this, if it doesn't work,
you should be fine by then

Nigga I've been sayin that this whole time god damn.

are you fucking kidding, of course, i'm not that fucking inept

try changing the hdmi cords cmon
its simple

True deal my nigga.

I'm not black I'm annoyed, shit. Just buy a 70$ replacement from Amazon with 2 day shipping.

I agree with ya on that.

I had a old dell do the same thing took it to a repair guy and was told some thing that provides power to the mother board was shot rip the old dell hello to my MSI

Here's my build, I'm at work so I can't get a picture but this is the guts n' glory:

Cooler master HAF-X (the black one with red led 40mm fan)
Corsair pro AX1200W
Corsair Hydro H100i
Samsung pro sad 256 x2 (raid0)
Asus rampage black
Corsair dominator plat 32GB
Asus R9290X 4GB
Intel i7 LGA2011 v3 6core HT12 (not the 1200$ one the 3.4Ghz-.6)
And to top it off antec diamond to make it cute and cold.