I fucked up my brand new motherboard. Or i just received it like that. Not sure which one

I fucked up my brand new motherboard. Or i just received it like that. Not sure which one.
The shop doesn't accept it, they say warranty voided.
Any way to fix it?
Can i buy a new one (same model) from amazon and claim i received it broken? and send them the other back? or there is some kind of serial number that they check?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HsgodSeRdWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy a new one and claim the old one was broken

obviously i'm responsible for the thermal paste around it. i'm not sure about the bent pins if it were there when received or i did it when i inserted CPU.

i can't do that here as they claim i did it myself and will not accept a return/refund. i'm thinking about amazon as they used to be top notch on service, but i'm not sure if they check the serial number and see that it's not the MB they sent me.

wipe it clean then return it

Mr. fix anything here.
Looks like you rupture 4 pins. its very hard to replace those as its not a common item to be sold, but if you have old motbo then take pins from old mobo and a microscope and start soldering.

why is thermal paste alll over the bottom part close to the pins are you stupid or something, you are definatelly not a pro at this

so the pins get better contact with the cpu and they can conduct the heat better

OP, is this you?

tried to put the pins in place.
i think it is better than before but still dont know if it will work. is there any chance i destroy my cpu if the pins are not in place?

Bend the pins back to where they should be with a sewing needle. I work at a datacenter and we do this all the time because we hire retards to build the servers.

So rather than handle the consequence of your action you'll rely on deceit and fraud to get a free motherboard. Fucking millenials.

Almost there, but bend the ones on the left side a bit better and it should work.

Very low chance of hurting CPU if any tbh fam.

This is a troll, no one is that stupid.

well, we are not sure this is my action.
it is possible to receive a motherboard with bent pins.

I think you are even stupider for 'pointing it out'.

Where did you buy it from? You can just call and be a bitch about it until they accept your return

Take fucking tweezer and straight the pins the best you can. Change point of view to be sure of the position. Put CPU and that's it. Done this on my old EVGA and it worked for 4 years.

How can you fuck up a mobo this badly? Putting one in nowadays is so fucking easy cause they're all LGA you are retarded op

is the amount of thermal paste that is still on bad?
how can i clear it all? i tried with isopropyl alcohol and qtips but at the place that there are pins it's difficult to clean

local shop in my country (EU)
they are pretty sure it's my fault and they deny to send it to MSI.

i have no expreience thats why i asked one of my friends to help. he built many pcs in the past with no experiences like this, so it may was already bent. dont know.

Retard OP, pls never touch computers again.

you kidding mate? you want to send an article back to amazon which you didn't buy there? you know, they normally have your account or at least an order registered in their system if someone buys something. which they won't find in your case, so thats off the table

order a new one, claim the broken one was the one received, send broken back, get a refund.
i dont feel good about this and probably won't do it, just looking for options.

youtube.com/watch?v=HsgodSeRdWA

here op

i know dat feel though - just recently bought stuff for a complete new desk-pc. first time ever building that shit all by myself. i was freaking out by the thought of destroying something by mistake :D

You can straighten them very carefully with a very pointy sewing or hypodermic need, just be careful

I've been building pc's since I was 12 and never destroyed hardware. I did have some trouble figuring out jumpers on the mobo for my first rig, but that was solved with a little use of google. How people fuck builds up is beyond me, it's just plug and play. Guess they didn't have the attention span to fully watch an entire 15 minute youtube vid.

How do you not know?

nvm, I was looking at bent pins, as for the thermal paste, you are fucked or better have a shit ton of patience cleaning.

please send more pictures im having a fucking laugh